Exporting from Gmax & Importing/Placing in CFS3...

Thread: Exporting from Gmax & Importing/Placing in CFS3...

Exporting from Gmax & Importing/Placing in CFS3...

It's time to test my first model (a building) in the actual game; which will be "Wings Over Flanders Fields". I presume that its destination will be the Scenery Folder in WOFF, not CFS3. I have the CFS3 SDK (Aircraft, Vehicles, Scenery) installed. (also the Terrain SDK) but I haven't a clue as to how to use them. (this is all a first for me) I've researched various sources but I seem to be getting only half the story in each case; steps are left out. I have the Gmax Bible and have read the section of exporting to FS2002 which looks to be fairly painless. Is this in any way analogous to CFS3?

In any event, can somebody point me to a good, lucid tutorial or, lay out a series of steps?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

The only tutorial I know of is Pat Pattle's ACC Airfield tut which should give you some pointers. Pat is the expert in CFS3 airfield scenery and you'll find him on the CFS3 forum.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Dynamite! Thanks.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Members who have read this thread: 0