Classic Hangar Fw-190 FSX to P3D

Thread: Classic Hangar Fw-190 FSX to P3D

Classic Hangar Fw-190 FSX to P3D

I decided to give these wonderful birds a try in P3D. Now I am wondering what files I need to copy from FSX in to my P3D install to get them working. I thought I grabbed all of the effects, gauges, and the aircraft from the objects folder. But when I go to give one of the butcherbirds a try, P3D crashes on me. Am I missing something?
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    I decided to give these wonderful birds a try in P3D. Now I am wondering what files I need to copy from FSX in to my P3D install to get them working. I thought I grabbed all of the effects, gauges, and the aircraft from the objects folder. But when I go to give one of the butcherbirds a try, P3D crashes on me. Am I missing something?
    Probably this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Classics Hangar

But IMHO you need to install the bird, not copy individual things...

I have tried to change the address that the installer will go to, but unfortunately it does not allow me to change the install folder, other than to FSX. Am I missing a permission that I should have for Windows 7?
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    I have tried to change the address that the installer will go to, but unfortunately it does not allow me to change the install folder, other than to FSX. Am I missing a permission that I should have for Windows 7?
    Go to P3D folder and make a copy of Prepar3D.exe. Save it somewhere else and rename to FSX.exe. Copy to P3D folder....now you just direct your install to FSX.exe on P3D folder....This should do the trick...

Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0