FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

Thanks again guys!

After a short period, continued this project. This time on textures. I had a little info gap concerning the radios and as usual for me, gaps will drag the progress.

As I said, further detailing of the structure is done using textures. Seen here. I also changed the grey interior a bit, it's slightly lighter now but looks better IMHO.

I added some other textures to small objects as well. The window rims have gotten textures, to look better.

Next step will probably be the radio.

Cheerio!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Hope you had a nice break, but I'm glad to see you are back to work, lol.

Thanks for the update
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I keep repeating myself but your work looks absolutely great!

Cheers,
    Huub

Well, it's fun to do

Textured a few other things today. What we see here is the "Verbandtasch voor vliegtuigen", which says in correct Dutch "Verbandtas voor vliegtuigen" and translated it says "First aid kit for airplanes".

Also textured the Labinal plafonnière. This lamp was an interior light, to aid the commander/navigator in this job. He couldn't switch the thing off and on though! The radio-operator in the back has the same kind of lamp as well and he was the only person who could switch off these lamps... At the right, there's a mechanical direction indicator (based on fantasy, thing is mentioned in docs but I don't have photographs of it).

And the commander's table. It's a wooden table, I wanted to have a more colourful interior just than the basic grey, so decided to use unpainted wood. Not according to reality, I guess... Should have some weathering though, but that will come later...

DCB

Love that table!!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

No need to apply weathering. Just put the map on there and all will be well.

Thanks boys! Well, I'm still unsure about the colouring of the wood... Should it be lighter? Definitely not darker, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Thanks boys! Well, I'm still unsure about the colouring of the wood... Should it be lighter? Definitely not darker, I think...
    Is okay!

Cees

Ok, clear I guess

Well, thanks to ao the guys of nederlandseluchtvaart.nl (http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/...html#post63007), I was able to create the radio. This is a Telefunken sender-reciever unit. I'm not yet sure what the exact typenumbers of this station are, but the station itself has the Telefunken designation Stat. 1001bF. It's also known as the Holland station and was also used in the Dutch Navy Dornier Do24s.

Enough knobs and switches, IMHO. This station has a telegraphy function as well (not very surprisingly). Don't see a way to implement it in FS though, so I'll use the corresponding switch for avionics on/off.

Always loved this plane, as much as any rare and diverse warbird, and I'm learning quite a few things about it just following this thread.
    Incredible attention to detail as well, wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the screenshots.

Hats off!

Corrado

BTW: always loved the D.21 too, and your model is just stunning.

Thank you Corrado! Indeed a very rare warbird, only 16 ever built (including the prototype, which was converted to a series model after the testing period terminated).

These are the Amroh phone (intercom) panel and the Munerelle oxygen regulator. Every crewmember has one set of these. I will add a few hoses and wires later on.

In the nose section we find the Total fire extinguisher. I'm not sure about the 'label' but it looks nice. Again, every crewmember has one.

This is where the signal gun was stored. The rounds are placed in the box at the left, with the cork covers.

The floors. According to documentation, the wooden floors were painted on the upper side with 'Rubbol AZ paint, color Linoleum'. Rather unclear IMHO, since Linoleum is available in various colors, so I guess they meant the basic color of Linoleum cement (a mixture of linol and natural resin). On photographs, the floors are slightly darker than other parts. Fortunately, because grey is just grey and very dull.
    Added metal strips to the rims of the hatches as well. These hatches were made for inserting the camera (port rearmost hatch), the driftmeter (starboard rearmost hatch), an access/escape hatch (large foremost hatch) and a hatch for the Nedinsco bombsight, which was located in the access hatch. Oh, I need to create grips for these hatches...

Edit: I haven't done any shading/specularity yet, will be done *later*...

Oh boy!

Cees

I must say this is looking really really good.

Thanks guys!

Well, it took a while to post an update, more or less because I regarded the progress as being too insignificant. But today, I can give you one, this time about modelling. I kept forgetting to create the Bosch horns, so that was my job tonight.

Behind the pilot, at the fuselage roof, two Bosch horns (also known in the car branch) were located. One started yelling as soon as the pilot closed the throttles while the gear wasn't down yet (landing gear warning horn, right), the other could be controlled by the crewmembers for communication (it was actually called the 'communicatie-claxon', or 'communication-horn'). I interpret this as being a warning horn to let the others know they'd put their intercom on, or something like that... Interesting anyway!

The real ones.

And mine. These parts are out of sight, but can't be forgotten IMHO.

Cheers, Daan

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend
    Behind the pilot, at the fuselage roof, two Bosch horns (also known in the car branch) were located. One started yelling as soon as the pilot closed the throttles while the gear wasn't down yet (landing gear warning horn, right), the other could be controlled by the crewmembers for communication (it was actually called the 'communicatie-claxon', or 'communication-horn'). I interpret this as being a warning horn to let the others know they'd put their intercom on, or something like that...
    Think of a sound like this:

Outstanding Daan!

Cees

Looks great!

Not too much to show, but just getting myself on track... Pilot's aux panel.

Did a bit of texturing lastly, not too much however... Upper lever is the U/C lever, below that one is the Flaps lever.

Electrical panel of the observer/commander, again these fuseholders.

Looking back from the nose... Few parts are pink coloured, I park them for a while. Oh, damaged the seat of the observer..

Now I'm getting on track a bit again, I hope to be able to show you more soon...

Great work as usual Daan!

Cees

Daan,

How's the T.5 coming along? Hindrance from real life obligations?

Cees

Cees,

There is still progress on this project. Some updates have been posted on the "Nedelandse luchtvaart forum".

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/...=35088&page=17

Cheers,
    Huub

Great work Daan!! Man, am I glad we have such a rotten climate ;-). So what else can you do than working on a flightsim-model ? (lol).

Can't wait flying it, just as your wonderful D-XXI.

hertzie.

Yep, project still alive but I'm having some difficulties with the gauges now. Thanks for the support guys, next I need is a deadline... Work was far more effective last year with the 13 May deadline ahead...

Not too much to show of the complete thing. Texturing for more parts is going on, like this Van Heijst bomb release panel.

When you want a dead-line you can get it What about a nice Christmas gift to the community

Okay that could be Christmas 2016 as well..........

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 3