FSUIPC for P3D

Thread: FSUIPC for P3D

FSUIPC for P3D

I have FSUIPC version 4.3.9.4 (registered) installed in my FSX installation. I just installed P3D v2.4 and would like to install FSUIPC, but I don't want it to mess with my FSX install. So I downloaded a new FSUIPC, version 4.9.3.7 (unregistered) which I plan to install into P3D. I just don't want my new unregistered 4.9.3.7 version to "think" I want to override my FSX 4.3.9.4 (registered) FSX install, or I will be really really upset, as all my controls for FSX are configured through the registered version in my FSX install. Does this make any sense? I don't dare install FSUIPC for P3D for fear it will FUBAR FSX. Anything special I need to know?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I don't dare install FSUIPC for P3D for fear it will FUBAR FSX. Anything special I need to know?

All your Fsuipc settings are in the Fsuipc.ini file in the FSX modules folder so just make a copy of that folder as a backup.

Install the full Fsuipc package again but let it install for both FSX and P3D then answer "just check existing registration" when it asks about registration.
    Then just copy your Fsuipc.ini over to the P3D modules folder and all the settings will be there in P3D for you.

The latest Fsuipc has a new setting you can put in the ini file under the general section UseProfiles=Files
    What this does is strip out all of the profile sections from the Fsuipc ini file and place them in a separate directory called profiles, one file for each profile, this really helps to clean up the Fsuipc.ini file and make it much more managable.

It went just as you said. Thanks MD!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0