Would Anyone Else like to see an X-Plane Discussion Board here
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would Anyone Else like to see an X-Plane Discussion Board here

Would Anyone Else like to see an X-Plane Discussion Board here

I find it odd that there is no area for X-Plane discussion on this forum.

I have not bought it yet, too much $$$ tied up in FSX, but would enjoy learning more about it and see what people can do in X-Plane. Is there a bias against X-Plane or is it really less relevant to flight simulation than IL-2 or other 4+ year old software releases?

I am serious trying to figure out what company takes Flight Simulation serious and is ACTIVELY coding a program that will use current computer technology to the fullest for physics and realism. I am no longer convinced this is MS and would be interested in X-Plane discussion on this forum and perhaps Storm of War when they get a beta out.

Thanks and I hope to hear why X-Plane is not included.

Sure, why not. Though I'm not counting FS out of the picture just yet.
    Cheers,
    Dave

because I don't have small pictures
    We have other variants of simulated flight; why not X-Plane?!?!

I'd be interested in it.

Kevin

MCDesigns
    I can't say why there isn't one, but wouldn't mind it myself. There have been quite a few threads on it lately in the various forums and most of the general consensus is that it has come a long way and has some very good points, but is still lacking in many ways to MSFS. Definitely interested in seeing where it goes in the next few years though.

Charter Member 2015
    Sure.

David

Wouldn't bother me none. I tried it once and hated it, but that was a couple of years ago. I'm sure it is better now.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

harleyman
    I too tried it..I found it to be...Well, I did not like it at all..

But its a free world,err,forum,if they want it why not.....

Blog Entries
    I'm open. It beats going over to their forum and listening to them bash MSFS. Flightsimming is flightsimming. I like 'em all...well most of them. I still think X-Plane has a ways to go but new addons are coming in almost daily and the freeware aircraft are definitely improving.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I would like to see it as well.

I used to fly version 7 & just order version 9 this afternoon.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

ooo where did the pc-7 come from? I have the latest iteration of xplane but took it off my HD after getting frustrated with the settings and the attitude from the community. With the sacking of Aces we might see MSFS get neglected or perhaps the next version delayed, this might be the next step.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's X-Plane experiences. Probably a dedicated board would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I'm open. It beats going over to their forum and listening to them bash MSFS.
    I definitely do not want to endure having to listen to the "told you so's" myself. While we have no immediate plans to do so, I have been tasked with investigating how difficult it would be to adapt our existing hanger of projects for X-Plane...

Right now though, we're continuing full steam ahead on our current FS9 and FSX projects.

FS9 and FSX aren't going to suddenly quit working, after all! :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I have V9 and have installed it and removed it several times...I still think FSX is more user friendly, but X-Plane certainly has it's fan base...I could never get it functioning properly...Probably too many FSX brain cells in the way...But, if we could have an intelligent, friendly discussion of X-Plane, I would sure be willing to give it another try...

Steve in Kansas

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I just bought my copy today and installed on my #3 computer. I say why not lets have a third flight sim forum dedicated to X-plane.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I might pick up a copy at wal-fart if it still has it in stock. I should download the demo, but trust what people on the forum say.

Does anyone know how it supports Multiplayer? Any Combat or racing?

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Any sim that is going to be as popular as the FS series better have tools to create new planes, new scenery, new weather etc.

That is what made FS so cool.... if you saw something missing... you could learn the tools and add it yourself. That is what makes FS/CFS so popular.

You'd think the competitors would have figured that out by now.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

I use version 9 every now and then. Its a nice change of pace.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I definately would like to see a X-Plane forum in here.

Any sim that is going to be as popular as the FS series better have tools to create new planes, new scenery, new weather etc.

That is what made FS so cool.... if you saw something missing... you could learn the tools and add it yourself. That is what makes FS/CFS so popular.

Crashaz

They do. There are 2 different systems to making XP9 planes on, one is freeware, and one is payware like FSDS. Also, you can use exisiting 'aero' models and use a 'face model' (visible model) for making planes with now.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Didn't quite escape.
    I'm all for having an X-Plane forum for those that have/use/are interested in it. The fanatics and 'told-you-so's can gloat and snipe as much as they like in there, because I won't be visiting a whole lot, but it's a very capable sim at what it does and is worthy of more coverage and support than it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I'm open. It beats going over to their forum and listening to them bash MSFS. Flightsimming is flightsimming. I like 'em all...well most of them. I still think X-Plane has a ways to go but new addons are coming in almost daily and the freeware aircraft are definitely improving.
    Ted
    Is this a free add-on? Where can I get it. :faint:

EDIT: Couldn't attach the PC-7 attachments.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Ted,

That PC7 is amazing...

Looks like a ton of Vertices in that baby.. I wonder if they 'dont' have Vertice limits? Would be interesting to know.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

We tried X-plane forums several times. It is basically a waste of time and a waste of space. Forums require visitors, a community. X-plane remains a one-man band with nice technology features, but no real communities around it like with CFS or MSFS. Every time we try it we fail... because X-Plane itself doesn't really support its users that way and neither is there a flourishing add-on industry for it.

Nothing against having a forum for it, but I predict it will fail again. ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Blog Entries
    Bill the aircraft is called PC7_Swiss on the x-plane.org site. This is the author. I know he participates in the forum but if you go pick up the airplane you can contact him that way. He is working on a version 9.21.

Aircraft created by Bertrand AUGRAS for X-Plane 8.60 and +
    Please, consult the "cockpit_procedure.jpg" file for help about using panel.

I really am not that crazy over their forum, and I really would love to tear into them over their lack knowledge concerning MSFS and PCs in general, but I am hoping that we have our own X-Plane site.

I really disliked so many things about version 5,6, and 7 that I quit until version 9 and it was hard getting started, but now that I have it down pretty good I see the virtues, however it is not better than MSFS at so many levels. The biggest lie is that MSFS aircraft ride on unseen rails, even big adjustments some X-Plane aircraft are twitchy-that drives me nuts!

It is a good simulator and getting better all the time. I would love to see more scenery and aircraft brought from MSFS to X-Plane. "I told you so" is unneccessary in our own forum. It's just like having our own FS9 and FSX forum. You don't have to go cause trouble with other side of house, as X-Plane is just not for everyone-a high learning curve. It would be nice to share the knowledge on our own site so as not to bash MSFS.

I could not moderate, my personal plate is full. It would require a dedicated one, and permission from ADMINS and a lot of work on Ickie's part. I also think it would be worth more donations as well. If ya plays ya pays.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

harleyman
    Couldn't even get the X Plane off the groung...Or moving in anything but circles.....

I saw few pics of it on their forum...I did see one of an airport..There were no buildings..Just one jetway at runway side...It just looked stupid to me...

Charter Member 09
    I was given X-Plane 9 as an present. After a lot of time learning all their rules, and strange they are, I found the airplanes twitchy and kind of unstable. Not like a real airplane at all. I could trim my 108 out and fly her hands off. You have to keep on the joystick all the time. The scenery was pretty much non-existent and Logan Airport in Boston could be mistaken for KLAX. Distances seem to gray out like the whole world enjoys Los Angeles smog. Airplanes appear to slightly blurred compared to FSX realistic ones.
    Just one guys opinion but after FSX with Acceleration who needs X-Plane? They got a lot to go unless your queer about flying on Mars.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.