Would Anyone Else like to see an X-Plane Discussion Board here - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Would Anyone Else like to see an X-Plane Discussion Board here

Thanks Outhouse people, you guys rock! :woot:

Now all you X-Plane scrubs, go out and review some X-Plane freeware so I know what to download this weekend!!!!

Payware I would be interested in is the Javelin, Spitfire, or hurricane if anyone has comments on those!

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet.../Detail?no=137

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...y=New+Releases

http://www.jrollon.com/Javelin.html

Anyone have any of these?

I have the Javeline. Great plane!

I will post some screenies tonight.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Took my first complete flight in X-Plane tonight. Flew a Piper Comanche from Fulton County, NY (NY0) to Glens Falls, NY (KGFL) by VOR. I'm starting to get used to X-Plane.

Attachment 78792

Jim

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC1702 View Post
    Took my first complete flight in X-Plane tonight. Flew a Piper Comanche from Fulton County, NY (NY0) to Glens Falls, NY (KGFL) by VOR. I'm starting to get used to X-Plane.

Attachment 78792

Jim

Nice Commanche Jim.

In case you didnt know, you can adjust the distance of visual out farther. I have mine set pretty far. Supposedly it effects framerates (as I get a warning message that it will), but not enough for the sim to get jittery.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It WAS a nice Comanche. I just landed at Oneonta Municipal airport. All was going so well. Flaps down, landing lights on.....just one small problem....I forgot to put the gear down!

Attachment 78820

Jim

I have noticed that I can set up the eye candy Maxed out for the most part, then start flying and the game looks and runs amazing for the first 5 minutes and then I get the dreaded fog effect that shuts down my visiblity to a couple miles or so. What the frak? I have 6gigs of ram (no page file set) Q9450@3.6, and a 8800gt vid card.

This is on version 9.3b, any know any tricks to get the most out of my system? I also noticed that this game uses more ram than FSX while running, but only 2 cores are really being used on my processor.

harleyman
    It WAS a nice Comanche. I just landed at Oneonta Municipal airport. All was going so well. Flaps down, landing lights on.....just one small problem....I forgot to put the gear down!

Attachment 78820

Jim

Sweetttttttttttttttttttttt You fly like me....LOL Great pic though....:friday:

I'm spending more time with X-Plane and getting accustomed to it. I tried real world weather last night and it's way better than FSX. The rain and snow effects are fantastic.

The biggest downfall I see so far is that the ATC is terrible. As bad as FSX ATC is, it's far and above what X-Plane has at the moment. The other downfalls are lack of AI and detailed airports.

Jim

X-Plane 9.3 beta 5 has been released : http://www.x-plane.com/beta.html :woot:

It has a few neat tweaks from beta 4. I wish I was off work right now to try it.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    The biggest downfall I see so far is that the ATC is terrible. As bad as FSX ATC is, it's far and above what X-Plane has at the moment. The other downfalls are lack of AI and detailed airports.

Jim

I agree. They (XP) need to do some real voices. It would really add some realism there.

I found out (after buying my iMac) that Apple is big on electronic voices. Apple has auto-reading features for all texts, such as internet, PDF, Docs, etc. You even have a choice of voices for the computer, perhaps 12 of them, lol.. I think thats where XP got that part from.

Lets hope it changes soon.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I tried it. I like it. My Sim computer is defunct, so when I get the scratch to buy my new system, I will be installing XP9 as well as FS9 and FSX.