Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Carenado's Caravan is really well done. I've flown the 208, and the Carenado model's are very good representations of the actual aircraft.
    Older flat cockpit and I haven't found good HD sounds for the Super Cargomaster.

Not OT but I have rode right seat on a Caravan Cargomaster for 6 legs a couple of decades ago. I do not own the Carenado model but looking at it's screens and videos on Youtube, the VC is pretty spot on. So far as the PT6 sound, inside my old David Clark H10 13.4 headset I could not hear the PT6 so much as I could feel it's vibration and the prop pitch changes (especially in beta range). I did get a little hands on the yoke en-route and made a few turns and a descent. The handling (IMO) felt not unlike a C172, only that you knew there was a lot more metal/weight & power under you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Not OT but I have rode right seat on a Caravan Cargomaster for 6 legs a couple of decades ago. I do not own the Carenado model but looking at it's screens and videos on Youtube, the VC is pretty spot on. So far as the PT6 sound, inside my old David Clark H10 13.4 headset I could not hear the PT6 so much as I could feel it's vibration and the prop pitch changes (especially in beta range). I did get a little hands on the yoke en-route and made a few turns and a descent. The handling (IMO) felt not unlike a C172, only that you knew there was a lot more metal/weight & power under you.
    A2A general aviation aircraft have an option where you click the mic jack and it puts on virtual headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by b747 View Post
    A2A general aviation aircraft have an option where you click the mic jack and it puts on virtual headphones.
    Thus far I have not paid a lot of attention to their GA line but knowing their quality and features, that sure is a nice bonus feature. I've only flown in GA cockpits a few times without a headset and mostly with a headset w/VOX Intercom. Obviously the difference is quite stark (w/w/o a headset) but even more so when wearing ANR type headsets. I once rode in the #1 seat in a Jetstream J31 directly behind the crew (as the J31 doesn't have a jumpseat). I took my headset off for a few seconds and the sound of the TPE331's were quite loud. Not sure how the passengers could stand it!

Anyhow, related to this model, depending on what the sound levels are, I usually adjust my PC volume via the keyboard to render the best sound level in my two Bluetooth headsets (S305 and a SB220) which I try to simulate cockpit headset levels for a turboprop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Corpse_Grinder View Post
    One question though, it's hard to tell from your screenshots, but does the model have the nice "eye candy" bump maps and stuff?
    Yes, bump maps and other eye candy things are inside. Don´t worry.

@all
    I went into troubles with the 3- and 5-blade Propellers in one model. Today I solved it. Now you can control the visibility of Propeller-vars with control panel without loading a new flight/model.

Now changing avionics are the last step...

Thomas

Very nice! I love options. Thanks for the status update and all of the hard work.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

We are in beta. I fixed a lot of stuff with success. New are wheel pants and GPU. You can control them via config gauge.

Oh boy. oh boy, oh boy!
    This is just shaping up so well. You are doing great work here, Thomas.

Very Well Done!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

TiAr, I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I was curious if any additional liveries will be included with the release? Great model and word by the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    TiAr, I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I was curious if any additional liveries will be included with the release? Great model and word by the way!!
    I am sure within hours of it's release there will be dozens of repaints available. This is the SOH you know.

Double J, You're probably right. We DO have a lot of talented painters her at the Outhouse.

I collected some older pics, these repaints should give you an overview, they are done, but not finished (new repaint kit, no bump textures etc). But these and others are inside release.

Thomas

Simply Amazing Thomas!

Will be a pleasure fly your creation.

Well, I know this is going to be a really great plane to fly into all of those Orbx PNG Bush fields.

Stunning proyect!! This will be my to-go bush plane!!

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to this plane!

I did the last big step. Now you can display via config-gauge three different avionic suites "on the fly": Garmin 530/430, F1 GTN 750/650 or KLN90B. All is in one model. It works without loading a new aircraft.

Thomas

Blog Entries
    OUTSTANDING!!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    OUTSTANDING!!!!
    Ted
    Agreed !!! Mike

I did it. Collected models together. Had some troubles with compiler´s work, but solved it. All of my todo list is history. Now we are working on final airfile and documentation.

You've done a masterful job Thomas, you should be very proud. I've enjoyed watching the progress. . .stunning work.

Blog Entries
    Outstanding Thomas, I eagerly await the release

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Members who have read this thread: 6