Early RAN Sea Venom

Thread: Early RAN Sea Venom

Early RAN Sea Venom

Just Uploading this repaint to Library Its not perfect but considering the only references I had were these two Black and White Images I don't Think It's come out too badly

Hooky

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06cb1a61d15a77323fd0a8eec1fa94f7.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	8907 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ranmudeford.jpg 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	8908 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea Ven Thumb.jpg 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	8909

Blog Entries
    Looks great!! Nice to see the non Suez, non-garish schemes getting some attention!

If you've ever any appetite for the lovely, WW145 from the Scottish National Museum of Flight - that would be a true delight!

Name:	1241990M.jpg 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	8911

Name:	54536309.jpg 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	8912

Name:	1242320M.jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	8913

Just if you're inclined - have appreciated all you've done for RN stuff, both in FS9 and now in FSX - and it goes without saying, for all that work over the years, many thanks!!

DL

I knocked this fictitious Victorious repaint up when the flying stations Victorious '58 came out a while ago It was just something fun to knock around in so I'm sure I can look into it and come up with something for you. May take me a few days though. I also want to take a look at doing an Aquilon and possibly one of these Hi-Viz two tone RN Schemes I keep finding too.

Name:	scn1.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	8914 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-DH.112_S.Venom_22_XG729_CHIV_23.08.69_edited-2.jpg 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	8915

Hooky

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

Just if you're inclined - have appreciated all you've done for RN stuff, both in FS9 and now in FSX - and it goes without saying, for all that work over the years, many thanks!!

DL
    Thanks Very much mate I'm working over the next few days but I'll look into it

Hooky

Blog Entries
    Cheers H! - Much appreciated - and no hurry please.

Yes, I suspect our French friends may enjoy an Aquilon repaint too!

DL

Are these for the Virtavia model, or Rob Richardson's?

BTW, I love the second B&W shot of the RAN Sea Venom over the entrance to Christchurch Harbour, Mudeford and Hengistbury Head!

Have you got something approximating to a paint kit? I'd also love to have a go, whichever model it is.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

there is already an Aquilon repaint at the link below.
    Alas no sliding canopy though.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

RobR

I've done a fictional repaint of a Victorious Sea Venom too. It's not great, but does at least get a "V" onto Victorious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NewVic_04.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    there is already an Aquilon repaint at the link below.
    Alas no sliding canopy though.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

RobR
    Just uploaded mine to the Library by the looks of it Rob only some of them had the sliding canopy.

Name:	aquilon-6.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	8927 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aquilon1.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	8928 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aquilon2.jpg 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	8929

Hooky

Being Scottish I'd appreciate WW145 as well, can remember my dad taking me out to that museum when I was about 7 or 8, he knew agy that worked there so I got to sit in the Sea Hawk, Sea Venom and Lightning which were notmally closed to the public, also got to sit in a Bucaneer pit that they had sittin next to te Sea Venom.

As for the Aquillons, I'm sure I read that it was only the SNCASE built birds that had slidding hoods, the initial models being assembled from kits supplied by de Havilland.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I've done a fictional repaint of a Victorious Sea Venom too. It's not great, but does at least get a "V" onto Victorious.
    893 had Venoms on Victorious, I toyed with adding some static ones but decided two types was enough to be going on with!

893 had Venoms on Victorious, I toyed with adding some static ones but decided two types was enough to be going on with!
    Mine is just the default with a V and a nose number, though I think I got the number from a photo. There seem to be very few photos of Sea Venoms which show a clear V, nose number and serial, and anyway my painting skills are only up to adding, not changing.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Here you go Gent's

It's just been uploaded I apologise for the Inaccuracies in some areas but in the absence of a dedicated paint kit I've had to make do with what I have but all in all I'm quite pleased with the outcome hope you will be too regards

Hooky

Name:	WW1453.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	8958 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1451.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	8959 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1452.jpg 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	8960

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Here you go Gent's

It's just been uploaded I apologise for the Inaccuracies in some areas but in the absence of a dedicated paint kit I've had to make do with what I have but all in all I'm quite pleased with the outcome hope you will be too regards

Hooky

Name:	WW1453.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	8958 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1451.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	8959 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1452.jpg 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	8960
    Awesome Hooky - very well done - will be thoroughly enjoyed!!

thanks,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Are these for the Virtavia model, or Rob Richardson's?

BTW, I love the second B&W shot of the RAN Sea Venom over the entrance to Christchurch Harbour, Mudeford and Hengistbury Head!

Have you got something approximating to a paint kit? I'd also love to have a go, whichever model it is.

Andy
    I have a paint kit, Andy but not sure where I got it (?Britsim?). Jens-Ole and I worked on this a year or so back; maybe it's worth pm'ing him. Other than that I can dig mine out for you.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Yes it was my paint kit. It took quite some work to redo the panel lines/rivets and details.

Dave did a great job with using it for a Victorious paint of XG607 of 893 NAS which was one of three Venoms modified to carry the firestreak missile. Actually 893 was the only front line venom squadron to use the three firestreak armed Venoms for a short period of operational testing in the late 1950's. (To my knowledge no other Sea Venoms could carry the missile, "as an realism heads up").

Some screens of my RAN Sea Venom with the new paint kit at this thread:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=sea+venom

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 36