Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	9117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-6-9_14-40-18-151.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	9118 All nominal systems A-OK !
    MFC-27/migbait

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Personally, I would like to see a scenario involving the attack on Grenada. I was there, onboard the Indy, with VA-15! NC

Here is a link that I found interesting , depicting almost all the events of the conflict: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq95-1.htm
    MFC-27/migbait

Quote Originally Posted by trowelmaster View Post
    Here is a link that I found interesting , depicting almost all the events of the conflict: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq95-1.htm
    Interesting article. One event of Urgent Fury that was not mentioned, was a accidental bombing of a hospital. There were at least 12 civilian casualties. It happened because the hospital was in an area where U .S. troops were taking fire. The hospital was not marked as a hospital. It was the commanding officer of my squadron, VA-15, that dropped the ordnance on it. NC

In my own experience - before the major ops - we were down near Grenada, doing our survey. We were promised air support (yeah, right). We were definitely in international waters (I was in CIC as the TAO) when suddenly this high speed surface craft approached and was quickly within the minimum range of our 5". I do not recall what country's flag was showing, but I presume the CO (on the bridge) thought they were friendly.

Within seconds they had told us to "heave to, prepare to be boarded". Naturally the CO refused; we went to silent GQ, our security alert team drawing M-60s, M-16s, and shotguns. Meanwhile, I contacted JCS and requested immediate air support. Visions of the USS Pueblo danced in my head and I ordered Radio to prepare to conduct self destruction. Man, it was scary. A couple of weeks earlier (as I now recall), the USS Turner Joy had been fired upon by the North Koreans and the bullets had easily penetrated the thin aluminum hull (one destroying the television in the wardroom). So I knew if they opened fire the thin skin of the ship was very little protection.

I never knew exactly what transpired as the CO would not talk about it, but my feeling is that the little, high powered, gunboat skipper must have either gotten bored because we did not heave to, or decided that maybe it wasn't worth it to engage a US warship, so they left. 30 minutes later an F-14 flew overhead. Yee Haw! A day late and a dollar short. And what the heck was he gonna shoot at the gunboat - an AIM-54 Phoenix AA missile? Or, maybe his gun?

I remember that particular instant in time like it was yesterday. Wow! And I'd completely forgotten about Grenada until you brought it up.

Very nice idea i think! i will try it!:thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by trowelmaster View Post

I can't get the link to work to see the video, rats..............NC

I suspect your have to be a member. IF so join. They are a friendly group with no strings attached.

Which brings up the subject - anyone have a youtube account who could post an 82M video? I don't mind this being posted - but I do not agree to their terms of use, so I cannot post it myself.

And please remember, this was a stress test with over 120 live platforms (not including the 16 inch rounds which were flying objects) , and my machine isn't nearly the fastest. I'm working on upgrading mine, by internet speed and copious graphics were being displayed.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Fo those that were trying to see the U/W o-dark hundred movie - the site is back up and the movie can be downloaded. Sorry for the hiccough... Murphy's law struck yet again.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

It is a pity that a combat/management system like this has been discontinued in development. It had unmatched features. And more thinking about the future of the new simulators, where MSFS has no weapons system, Tacpack seems to be also stopped, FSCAI abandoned, and SSW vACMI also far away from scene. Maybe in a future someone can perhaps dream of something similar to NEUWUC and make It real...

Am I Wrong?

Isn't this what Prepar3d does but you have to be a programmer to get it to do it. I'm just flying in it. I just looked at the Scenario Creator in Prepar3d just out of curiosity. Ed and I have used FSX at War and it is quite capable of doing this but again requires time and programming. We all want to have a "plug n play" I know, me too. I think that everyone who wants to fly combat is now at DCS from what I have been told.

No, it is nothing related to SimDirector. It is a different program

Not everybody has moved to DCS/BMS. There are plenty of groups flying military ops under VATSIM and IVAO, just make a search

So far we are using tacpack for weapons and sensors, CCP to add ships and vehicles, FSX@war to have destroyable objects and FSCAI to weaponize ships, aircrafts, vehicles, and to add AI fighting airplanes ( for dogfight). NEUWUC makes it all and more. You can also make repairs, having the complete record of each and every asset. If you over-G an airplane then it needs to be repaired, and maybe in you airbase you dont have the specific part, so you need to schedule a flight to the factory, etc. And it worked under multiplayer, it was really incredible

We were testers some years ago, and we enjoyed it a lot...maybe in the future we can test it again or maybe we are just dreaming...

Members who have read this thread: 71