Flying Supersonic. Tu-144 'Charger' v3.5 - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Flying Supersonic. Tu-144 'Charger' v3.5

I know where the controls are. I've been able to lower the nose and extend the canards before (before starting the engines) but this time I waited until after the engines started, and the nose wouldn't go down, and when I hit the switch for the canards, I hear the motor noise for them briefly, and the switch snaps back to the retracted position?
    How do I turn on the hydraulics for nose steering, etc?
    Also I couldn't get the attitude indicator to work? What am I missing?
    vl82m, I have only seen Version 3.5 and 2.0, never a 2.5. Where can I find it?
    Also just something I'm curios about, did the Russians ever have a nickname for the Tu-144?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-3_10-10-1-237.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	14407So last night I did manage to get the engines started, and today I couldn't. The plane has fuel, I remembered to connect the bleed air to the cabin and engine start system (thank you VL) but I was still getting that hang start again!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    So last night I did manage to get the engines started, and today I couldn't. The plane has fuel, I remembered to connect the bleed air to the cabin and engine start system (thank you VL) but I was still getting that hang start again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-3_10-39-9-633.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	14409
    This is what my engineer panel looks like now. I took care of those switches underneath the engine instruments ad I'm still getting the hang start

Hello, just only want to share a picture with you.

Update: I was able to get the engines started, but for some reason, once the engines are started, I can't get those nose or canard controls to work! Ugh! What am I missing??? And how do I get the gauges to turn on???

Update: I was able to get the engines started, but for some reason, once the engines are started, I can't get those nose or canard controls to work! Ugh! What am I missing??? And how do I get the gauges to turn on???
    Theres a lot of issues that could be going on, so I cannot know exactly. I'm an expert on Tupolev aircraft including the 134, 154 and 204/214 but should at least be of some use. However, I suggest to watch the startup videos so that you can see step by step what is done.... then you will see procedure of the nose, and the gauges and how they are made to work. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is a Tupolev captain.

Its weird though because before I knew how to start the engines, I was always able to at least turn on the battery and lower the nose and extend the canards, with the engines OFF. I know there's a steep learning curve but it just seems like when I solve one problem another arises. I don't suppose anyone on this forum has a way of getting in touch with the authors of this plane?

Quote Originally Posted by sepp666 View Post
    Hello, just only want to share a picture with you.
    http://englishrussia.com/2014/09/08/...zan-outskirts/

Instructional airframe.

Its weird though because before I knew how to start the engines, I was always able to at least turn on the battery and lower the nose and extend the canards, with the engines OFF. I know there's a steep learning curve but it just seems like when I solve one problem another arises. I don't suppose anyone on this forum has a way of getting in touch with the authors of this plane?
    I can get you in touch with the autors and some others, if you're really serious about learning this aircraft and investing many hours on it.

steep learning curve, yes, but i understand you, if i had only manuals with almost no information at all not speaking the language i'll be frustrated too

VL that would be great! Feel free to PM me!

I never had this problem...I always start and connect all systems...Try this first. Maybe, without hydraulic system or electrical system feed from engines....or without other equipment you can't deploy canards and lower the nose when engines are running.

Good luck.

CE_zeta, how do you turn on the hydraulics and connect the electric system feed to the engines? I can't find anything in the manual

CE_zeta, how do you turn on the hydraulics and connect the electric system feed to the engines? I can't find anything in the manual
    RyanJZ, I sent you a mail

VL, thanks again for the links you PM'd me, but I finally figured it out and completed my first flight! Now I just need to figure out where the trim controls are. I think figure out the trim for roll, but haven't found the elevator trim control yet. Also need to figure out how to navigate and use the autopilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Nice pictures.

VL, thanks again for the links you PM'd me, but I finally figured it out and completed my first flight! Now I just need to figure out where the trim controls are. I think figure out the trim for roll, but haven't found the elevator trim control yet. Also need to figure out how to navigate and use the autopilot!
    The trim controls can be assigned to joystick, do you know how to do it?

Navigation is a trickier part, as for now due to no english information of flight computer, you can retrofit GPS. Also, if you want to navigate with I-21 INS, which I can send documentation for, download beta V3.0 over here: http://rusfolder.com/27906311

For everyone else, making fun of this airplane is ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by vl82m View Post
    The trim controls can be assigned to joystick, do you know how to do it?

Navigation is a trickier part, as for now due to no english information of flight computer, you can retrofit GPS. Also, if you want to navigate with I-21 INS, which I can send documentation for, download beta V3.0 over here: http://rusfolder.com/27906311

For everyone else, making fun of this airplane is ridicolous.
    Yeah I've tried to set the trim to my joystick, but the utility doesn't seem to recognize any of the buttons. Just the stick and throttle. And how do I add GPS to the plane? Is there a way to slave the autopilot to the GPS? And what does version 3.5 have that version 3.0 doesn't? Will I be losing any realism?
    And I don't know why people would make fun of this plane. It definitely had its share of teething problems, but I bet if the Soviets had been able to put more money into it, the Tu-144 could have been a major Concorde rival. Who knows, might have been able to build and sell more too. The Soviets definitely built a few planes that could be considered superior to what the West could produce at the time. Like the Tupolev 114! :P

Yeah I've tried to set the trim to my joystick, but the utility doesn't seem to recognize any of the buttons. Just the stick and throttle. And how do I add GPS to the plane? Is there a way to slave the autopilot to the GPS? And what does version 3.5 have that version 3.0 doesn't? Will I be losing any realism?
    And I don't know why people would make fun of this plane. It definitely had its share of teething problems, but I bet if the Soviets had been able to put more money into it, the Tu-144 could have been a major Concorde rival. Who knows, might have been able to build and sell more too. The Soviets definitely built a few planes that could be considered superior to what the West could produce at the time. Like the Tupolev 114! :P
    Do you see the button to the left of the save button for axis? well, that's the save button for buttons and commands... however there is a bug with my particular joystick that prevent me from actually knowing which button i set, and displays buttons not on my joystick (8 out of 32). So I have a problem too but will attempt to fix it later.

There is several tutorials on how to add a gps to aircraft, usually made by changes in panel.cfg. most popular one is KLN90GPS which comes with the project tupolev 154. however, it's not very accurate to follow a gps without precision and the autopilot won't be slaved to it. the different in v3 is less features, and primarily, the english documented INS system instead of the flight computer on 3.5. this way you will be able to navigate really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by vl82m View Post
    Do you see the button to the left of the save button for axis? well, that's the save button for buttons and commands... however there is a bug with my particular joystick that prevent me from actually knowing which button i set, and displays buttons not on my joystick (8 out of 32). So I have a problem too but will attempt to fix it later.

There is several tutorials on how to add a gps to aircraft, usually made by changes in panel.cfg. most popular one is KLN90GPS which comes with the project tupolev 154. however, it's not very accurate to follow a gps without precision and the autopilot won't be slaved to it. the different in v3 is less features, and primarily, the english documented INS system instead of the flight computer on 3.5. this way you will be able to navigate really easily.
    Alright I'll check out V3.0. Do you know if there are any repaints available for either version? I really like the modern Aeroflot livery

Alright I'll check out V3.0. Do you know if there are any repaints available for either version? I really like the modern Aeroflot livery
    There is modern Aeroflot livery for the FS9 version. Perhaps the textures can be converted for FSX. I will look into it tomorrow as they could potentially have the same structure.

However for realism purposes if I were you, I would fly with the Aeroflot - Soviet Airlines livery.

How do you get the primary attitude indicator on? And the heading indicator? Also how do you use the autopilot? The manuals aren't really clear

How do you get the primary attitude indicator on? And the heading indicator? Also how do you use the autopilot? The manuals aren't really clear
    Check out my posts on the first page, and for this specific issue, post #9.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-Charger-v3-5

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Check out my posts on the first page, and for this specific issue, post #9.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-Charger-v3-5
    Oh yeah! I forgot the autopilot controls were on the yoke in the Tu-144! The AP master switch is the 2 switches covered by the big red cap on the OHL panel right?
    Also, how do I activate the primary attitude indicator? I can get the secondary on but not the main one

Oh yeah! I forgot the autopilot controls were on the yoke in the Tu-144! The AP master switch is the 2 switches covered by the big red cap on the OHL panel right?
    Also, how do I activate the primary attitude indicator? I can get the secondary on but not the main one
    The primary attitude indicator at least on mine is aligning as soon as I use the pop-up pictured in post #9 previously.

Members who have read this thread: 51