Scenery issue....

Thread: Scenery issue....

Scenery issue....

I recently upgraded my MTO install with Achim's newest "JHS_Italy_revised". And while I was at it decided to install some of Keltichearts "Latest_Northern_Italy" Po river bridges gsl scenery.

Splendid work, BTW, Kelti. They look just great.

What I discovered, however, and this is not exclusive to MTO gsl objects.....I've seen this same thing in some of my PTO add on scenery.....some of the bridges aren't destroy-able. Out of the 10 bridges, 6 are destroy-able and 4 aren't. I know that gsl scenery is supposed to be destroy-able, but these aren't. I can fly right through them, like they weren't there. As I said, I've experience this before in the PTO. Sometimes hangers or other buildings just won't blow up. I can fly right through them....nothing.

I don't know if this is just me or what. Does anyone more experienced with scenery have an answer?

Worthles, Is it happening with the same bridge models each time you fly?

I recall there was talk of a hard-wired limit for destroyable objects in a mission, could be the gsl load is simply too "rich" for the game to work its way through & it hits this hard limit. IIC it was Bearcat241 that came across the mission destroyable object limit, maybe he'll chime in next time he's passing.

I also recall some comments about bad dp files for inf objects, even stock items, & this bad info being copied for add on hangars & such, & Pen32win reworked Gary20 BOB buildings (I think) because of model issues, so there are plenty of potential reasons. I think we need some more details of what object etc.

Interesting, thanks UT. I didn't know that a limit on destroyable objects existed. And what I know about bridges rates about the same. I miscounted, there are actually 13 bridges, 8 destroyable and 5 not destroyable. It appears that its the same ones that are and are not destroyable. Looks to me like Kelti constructed them from two separate objects packs.
    CFS2_Large_bridge and ETO_Inf-Pack_01. The first is destroyable as gsl, the second isn't. It really isn't a problem, just a curiosity.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

I remember an old "small_factory" object that used to crash CFS2 when ever it blew up. I forget whose object it was- I think maybe one of Wolfi's? It was something to do with the inner-working of the code. and was soon put right by other talented folks around here.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Hi Worthless,

I caroused through Robert John's CFS2 magazine. Seems there have been some changes from what he describes and the ETO inf pak.
    Maybe something can be gleaned from it...?

Cheerz, Dave

Icon22 Reply...

Chris,

I remember the small factory issue, it was wolfi's model.

Worthless,

The ETO bridges by Canion are tough to destroy, but not impossible. You have to secure a direct hit on them to really inflict damage.

The other question I have is if the layouts were run through Gob Check to ensure that the layouts didn't need to be split.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Tough to destroy

Rami....I wondered about that and just for yucks flew through both bridges. Didn't get a dent.

Members who have read this thread: 20