Training Flight

Thread: Training Flight

Training Flight

A low level training flight for the TSR2 over PNW scenery. A gorgeous aircraft over superb scenery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSR2_Training_Alberta.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	5959
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSR2_Training2_Alberta.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	5960

Unfortunately this flight did not end well for me, I got a little too low and slow and stalled in on final.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TSR2_Training_Alberta1.jpg   TSR2_Training2_Alberta1.jpg  

Is that the Alphasim model? I looked at their freeware list, but the only TSR2 wasn't even FS9 compatible. NC

Hi

yes this is the Alphasim model. I can't remember how I got it compatible but it wasn't too hard. The repaints were from Flightsim I think. The VC is a bit clunky but the exterior is beautiful and she flys lovely. She will cruise at 500knots at sea level dry and when you plug in afterburners she really flys LOL. With full fuel she has an enormous tactical range so you can have a lot of fun. This flight was a quick 20mins at low level (less than 500ft AGL) amongst the valleys of PNW only to end badly when I botched the landing. She does fly lovely but can be unforgiving when low and slow.

edit
    The repaints are by Pierre Lheureux and are available from Avsim as two texture packs.
    Last edited by padburgess; March 29th, 2014 at 20:32.

Members who have read this thread: 58