Classics Hangar Messerschmitt Bf 108 SP 2 released.

Thread: Classics Hangar Messerschmitt Bf 108 SP 2 released.

Classics Hangar Messerschmitt Bf 108 SP 2 released.

Hey guys,

we made available Service Pack 2 for our Bf108.
    The service pack incorporates our new simconnect modules that first came with our recently released Fw190D/Ta152 package, streamlining the background programming and also fixing the occasional crash on exit issue some users experienced.
    Some of the key programming features such as the variable pitch propeller code are now converted from xml to simconnect formats what effectively leaves us with a much cleaner and more reliable code. This also fixes key event flooding issues and improves performance both offline and in multyplayer.
    On popular request we added an ADF radio to the IFR Light cockpit.
    The default Bendix popup is replaced with the proper Becker radio stack so the 2d radio now matches the virtual cockpit's function and visuals.

The updates and fixes in detail:

- New simconnect module fixes occasional crash on exit issues some users experienced.
    - Default Bendix 2d popup radio replaced with a new Becker radio that matches the virtual cockpit's visuals and functions.
    - Added an ADF radio to the IFR cockpit.
    - Added a cold and dark switch to the manager interface.
    - Minor programming updates to the payload manager interface in order to improve interaction with the mouse.
    - Magnetic compass now rolls and banks.
    - Multiple background programming updates in order to improve performance and stability and to fix certain event flooding issues.
    - Updated user manual.

This update requires the Bf 108 at version 1.1/Service Pack 1 to be installed on your computer. Older versions are not supported.

To download the service pack click on "Start/All Programs/Classics Hangar/Bf 108 Taifun/check for updates".

If you allready added third party repaints to your Bf108, please back up your corresponding FLTSIM entries and re-insert them after the service pack installation.
    Mathias

Wow that's cool ! Will check that when I'm home.
    Thanks a lot for this update !

Thanks Mathias!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    To download the service pack click on "Start/All Programs/Classics Hangar/Bf 108 Taifun/check for updates".
    How do you get there in Windoze 8??

Alky, go to your Classics Hangar/Bf108 folder inside FSX. Inside the folder you will find the link.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    How do you get there in Windoze 8??
    Press Windows+Q and type in "check for updates"

Thanks for the update, Mathias!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Thanx guys, got it!

Did I mention I hate Windoze 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Hey guys,
    we made available Service Pack 2 for our Bf108.
    Excellent news, Mathias - especially the ADF and Becker radio.

Hope I can now get it to load into Air Hauler (previously loaded but with zero fuel). I know it won't 'haul' much, but I've got AI pilots to do the heavy lifting. Us owner/operators need a nice 'tourer' for those important business trips.

Hey guys,

some sharp-eyed fellows may allready have noticed, there's another little patch up:

Service Pack 2a adds the missing DX10 shadows to the IFR Light cocpit and also improves the magnetic compass turn/bank animations.
    As always, click on "Start/All Programs/Classics Hangar/Bf 108 Taifun/check for updates" to get the update.
    This one requires SP2 to be installed.
    Mathias

This is great Mathias! The 108 is one of my favourite mounts for taildragger GA flying in FSX. Thank you for the continuous support.

Can I ask if this bird can be installed in P3D v2?

Does the update do any changes to the aircraft.cfg?

I named it .bak before applying the update in order to keep my skins, but it seems it did not write a new cfg. So now I don´t know if I had any gain from this???

Members who have read this thread: 93