A new Fs9 Messerschmitt Me410A1 Hornisse
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Fs9 Messerschmitt Me410A1 Hornisse

A new Fs9 Messerschmitt Me410A1 Hornisse

Hi Folks,
    I've just uploaded a brand new model of an Me410A1 Hornisse by Chris Lampard and myself.

Chris did a superb job of the external model, he put in some great animations, which really bring it to life, along with an excellent exterior texture set. I added the interior, crew, VC, multi-LODs and panel, with gaucho_59's very nice 2d panel texture.

My first interior and VC, learnt a lot, but my hat goes off to the likes of Milton, Nachtpiloten, Ito-san et al who do everything for a new model...a lot of work.

Cheers Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me410A1 1.jpg  

Blog Entries

Icon25 can't wait to download it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I've just uploaded a brand new model of an Me410A1 Hornisse by Chris Lampard and myself.

Chris did a superb job of the external model, he put in some great animations, which really bring it to life, along with an excellent exterior texture set. I added the interior, crew, VC, multi-LODs and panel, with gaucho_59's very nice 2d panel texture.

My first interior and VC, learnt a lot, but my hat goes off to the likes of Milton, Nachtpiloten, Ito-san et al who do everything for a new model...a lot of work.

Cheers Shessi
    It does not show on the new uploads yet! I hope the He 115 will come next!! Excellent looking model!!

Icon14

It looks awesome!! Where can I download it??

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Just downloaded and...

Hi Folks,

Cheers Shessi
    took it up for a short take off an landing... wow... really superb... you all have done an excellent job...
    Now you JUST got to get going on that He115!!!
    Many, many kudos!!!!
    Tschuess und gutte fahr, wir fliegen gegen England!!!

G.
    Last edited by gaucho_59; March 12th, 2014 at 21:35. Reason: mispellings

Very nice Shessi!!!

Just 1 question... does it come with cup holders???

mav

excellent! one can never have enough of this wonderful aircraft!

many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Just 1 question... does it come with cup holders???

mav
    That would be the ONLY thing I can think of that you would need to add to this excellent model.
    The sound file is really nice and it fits the model perfectly. Very nicely executed, gents.

BB686
    Last edited by Blackbird686; March 13th, 2014 at 06:43.
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi,
    Seems the package lacks some gauges, but maybe i am wrong !
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Thank you, I am downloading it!!!

Thanks guys! Definitely a must have for me!

Huub

Shessi, this is brilliant, many thanks to yourself, Chris and Gaucho. Always had a soft spot for the 410, one of those "if it looks right" kind of aircraft, great to have such a wonderful model.
    Andy

Really nice job ... and she almost ports over to FSX. The panel presents a problem though, but I've flown her with a P-38 panel just as a test and she's a beauty! Any chance that you can fiddle with her?

Glad you like her gents, and you're welcome!

I know Ito-san did his, and apart from an old, very basic, CFS2 VB 410, there hasn't been an accurate and detailed one done for Fs9, hopefully this fits the bill.

Mav, those cup holders, to the left or right hand side of the cockpit..and colour?....

Bill,
    I've got FSX installed, but rarely fly it. If it's up to FSX standard, what is needed to port it successfully to FSX? Let me know and I'll tweak it.

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi: Here are some screenies of your girl. Note how there is a band at the bottom of the screen ... black or with the lower part of the panel causing the ship to get squashed and elongate (shots #1-#3). The good shot (#4) is with Just Flights FSX Mosquito panel as a replacment ... note that your girl looks just fine as can be. There's something wierd about panels and sometimes glass in port overs that I just don't pretend to understand.

Maybe some guru can tell you about panels and what makes them tick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GCS0001.jpg   GCS0002.jpg   GCS0003.jpg   GCS0004.jpg  

Wink LoL!!!

Mav, those cup holders, to the left or right hand side of the cockpit..and colour?....

On the left... thought green would be nice!

Hi Bill

give this a try, go into the panel .cfg file in the panel folder after backing it up, and at the very end, under default view, change the Y value as follows

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8191
    SIZE_Y=6143

this usually works for me in port overs,I always use that value for it HTH

Bill,
    I've had a play with the panel cfg and panel texture size in FSX, and no, not been able to get rid of that bar. I think it will be the panel cfg, but maybe someone on the FSX forum could help? The glass is ok but completely transparent, which is not too realistic. I'll see about changing that, but still looks good in FSX.

Cheers

Shessi

Ahhh, thank you Norab.

That's done it......

Cheers

Shessi

p.s. Mav, any use?!...
    Last edited by Shessi; March 14th, 2014 at 05:56.

Norab ... thanks a ton. I have a bunch of port overs that need this fix!

Shessi ... thanks for a really great aircraft! (engine sound is absolutely heart-rending!!!)

Is there something wrong? I use winzip to extract the zip file, normally works fine but the Me410 zip file won't open, a box comes up says file is corrupt or has nothing to extract! I've downloaded 6-7 times and it still doesn't work.....all other zipfiles extract fine.
    Mark

Ahhh, thank you Norab.

That's done it......

Cheers

Shessi

p.s. Mav, any use?!...

PERFECT!!!! LOL

CheerZ mav

OK - a great looking model, nice sound but, one minor thing - In the VC view the rudder pedals move opposite to normal. When turning right, the right pedal should move forward not the left one.
    The external view rudder is OK , just the action of the pedals.

But, as I said, it's just a minor thing, you can't see them in normal VC view when looking at the instrument panel.

A very good model of a rare (in flight sims) aircraft.

Mark,
    Considering how many people have DL'd and used it, it is not the zip file. It will almost certainly be your anti-virus, blocking the DL zip contents. A lot of AV ware do not like the gauge files .gau files, as these contain xml code which they find 'suspicious' and block them. That's why you get the zip file but it is empty or corrupted.

What you could do (and it is your decision to!) is to briefly/temporarily disable your AV, download and unzip the file, then re-enable your AV. Hopefully that will give you the files.

D,
    Thanks and whoops!

I'll take a look.

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 93