Auster AOP9 V2

Thread: Auster AOP9 V2

Auster AOP9 V2

Hello,

Some of you may have noticed that Dave Molyneaux has re-released some of his/our previous models over at Flightsim.com, including the Balliols and the Agricola. Downloads are going very well indeed. Yesterday, the Auster AOP.9 was released, but this one is rather different than the previous FS2004 model, having had a number of items changed and added, including new engine cowlings and the hydraulic sprung undercarriage fitted. As it says in the readme file, this aeroplane is now extremely close to the real XR240/G-BDFH. We used all of the manuals, I think I took over 400 photos of every nut and bolt and we had wonderful assistance from a number of AOP9 pilots (I myself have over 80 hours on type). Even the sound was recorded from the actual aeroplane - there can't be many simulator aircraft out there, so close to the real aeroplane modelled. Not just any AOP9 (as they can be different from personal experience), but this is XR240.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....p-9_fs2004.zip

Martin

Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 12th, 2014 at 15:02. Reason: Direct link added

Martin, thank you so much for your dedication and efforts in support of the project. That access, commitment and focus does indeed make for a very special end product and gift to the community, one that shall be appreciated for years.

On my way to pick this one up.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Martin, thank you so much for your dedication and efforts in support of the project. That access, commitment and focus does indeed make for a very special end product and gift to the community, one that shall be appreciated for years.

On my way to pick this one up.
    Thank you very much for the kind words. We have always strived to complete all of our models to be as accurate as possible, using whatever is available - flight and maintenance manuals, pilots notes, recollections and feedback from owners, photos, books and magazines. A number of projects have fallen by the way side if there isn't enough material out there to create a viable and worthy product. We were lucky with the Austers as we had full use of the airframes at Eggesford in North Devon, where now all but one of the inmates has been created for the simulator world. Can't be many airfields around (especially on the side of a hill - you can see the FSX Horizon version of the runway in the background of the static shot!) where nearly of its inhabitants are recreated. The 9 has played an important part of my life in the last ten years or so, and XR240 for most of that, having been with her all over the place - Ireland twice and the Western Isles of Scotland to name a few memorable trips.

We - Dave Molyneaux, Brian Horsey and myself, are still at it and after the Fulmar which was our last model, are currently researching and starting the next. I know of two more after that.

Best wishes,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Thank You very much!!!
    No, thanks go to you and everyone else that has downloaded the Auster. Hope its being enjoyed out there. Downloads stand at this present time at 518, which is wonderful for us!

Best wishes,

Martin

Members who have read this thread: 49