Classics Hangar Fw190D-Ta152H Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Classics Hangar Fw190D-Ta152H Released

Charter Member 2012
    My guess is that after the RAF marked and flight tested the bird, they reapplied German markings for the Farnborough public display of captured aircraft immediately after the war.

Here are some artist's profiles of what the aircraft looked like with JG 301:
    http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/462/pics/2_6_b2.jpg

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/462/pics/2_6_b1.jpg

Here are some more period photos of the same TA-152:

Waiting for shipment to Freeman Field, at Newark, NJ: http://www.indianamilitary.org/Freem...152/0112-2.JPG

The following two photos are from Freeman Field, in USAAF hands:
    http://www.indianamilitary.org/Freem...12%20Fw190.jpg

http://www.indianamilitary.org/Freem...12%20Fw190.jpg

Color photo from Freeman Field: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/462/pics/3_1_a1.jpg

Here's an interesting color profile, showing a combination of the different paint/markings when the aircraft was at Freeman Field with the USAAF (note the hints of the yellow/red bands of JG 301 around the rear fuselage): http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/462/pics/3_1.jpg

And more studies: http://asisbiz.com/il2/Ta-152H/Ta-15...en-4-Loos.html
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 2012
    I was incorrect... here's a link to a Farnborough photo with the aircraft wearing RAF markings.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin7nut/6277308806/

Good find John!

Barfly, I'm afraid that's a different aircraft than the aircraft on the earlier pictures. The aircraft which is currently at NASM is most likely the 150010 (but could also be the 150003 or 150020), the aircraft on your picture is the 150168. It was taken to England, and flown twice by Cpt Eric brown before it was scrapped.

Cheers,
    Huub

and it is the one I painted, although my paint shows slichtly different markings that were applied earlier or later, I'm not sure...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hello guys ... can you point me the direction of the updated skins with the swastikas? thanks!

Edit: Already found it.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Got to say am loving this addition to my FW Classics Hanger planes.

Set up the excellent Flight Replicas B-17 group as a tanker in TacPack and you can have some real fun!

BTW, if you wonder why you can't see the bomb fall and explode when hitting the B-knob on the stick, it's kaputt.
    Right now dropping the bomb only works with the droptank release handle in the lower panel.
    It will get fixed with the upcoming service pack.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by HansRoaming View Post
    Got to say am loving this addition to my FW Classics Hanger planes.

Set up the excellent Flight Replicas B-17 group as a tanker in TacPack and you can have some real fun!
    No need TacPack, CS Weapon is enough for IIWW.

Example:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice video YoYo. Thought I recognized Robin Olds singing in the background. Good job!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No need TacPack, CS Weapon is enough for IIWW.
    Having them as a tanker in TacPack just allows you to control the flight much like aicarriers does for ships, it was a not for anyone who already has TacPack really.

BTW Love the vids and subscribed....

I have finally got the dora myself! thanks for making the late FWs for FS Mathias!

In between Afghanistan flights I'm painting up "Red 1" of Lt Heinz Sachsenberg. He was the leader of the JV44's Platzschutzstaffel ( often simply called the Würgerstaffel) and their colorful Doras based at Munchen Riem and later Ainring airfield in the spring of 1945. Sachsenberg was a true "experten" with 104 victories.
    Red 1, a FW 190D-9 (w.nr 600424), was painted in the typical jv44 Platzschutzstaffel colors of red undersides with white stripes. Sachsenberg had the personal motto "verkaaft's mei gwand 'I foahr in himmel", which is a Bavarian saying ( sell my clothes, i'm going to heaven..), painted on the left fuselage under the canopy. Of notice is the use of old style B3 black and white german crosses.

Many modern publications call the staffel ( it was not even an official staffel) for the "Papageienstaffel", but this name was by all accounts not actually used during the war. The flight did use the Papagei radio call sign, along with Elefant.

I'll see if I can get some screenshots later today.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Anybody which have a suggestion for ww2 Luftwaffe airfields (in Germany) for FSX to fly these birds from?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Slightly different variation of the underwing stripes compared to Red 4. Of interest is the all black crosses as well.

Still very much a wip, still work to do on the decals and camo scheme ++

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

very nice Jens!!! How about some drop shadow on the panel lines to bring them out? To show off some weathering of the panel lines. Has anyone considered some coloring of the pilot skin? Seems a bit pale.

Not a bad idea, 4 sec and the panel lines have shadows.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi Jens Ole

Correct it is

Verkauft's mei Gwand, I foahr in Himmel !

or as there is no Close up Picture(but above is more likely)

Verkaaft's mei Gwand, I foahr in Himmel !

and that text comes of a famous Viennese Heurigenlied (Vienna vine yard song)

Just as the plane is so stunning nice(maybe also Huub has one)

Roland

(Vienna)

Hi!

I have several up close pictures of the real Red 1 and the text is actually "verkaaft's mei gwand 'I foahr in himmel". The book "Doras of the galland circus" is a great source on these FW's.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Hi!

I have several up close pictures of the real Red 1 and the text is actually "verkaaft's mei gwand 'I foahr in himmel". The book "Doras of the galland circus" is a great source on these FW's.
    Dear Jens

As you probably know that is Kurrent writing So I am quite sure it is then

Verkaaft's mei Gwand 'I foahr in Himmel!

Best regards

Roland

Attachment 2635

If im not missing something that is exactly what i wrote :-)

I have made the r in foahr a bit more distinct as it was close to the e. Beside that all letters are hand made from a picture scan of red 1.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I seem to see "Verlaafts" rather than "Verkaafts" ? Also it should be "foahr" rather than "foahe" -?

(Pedants United)

The k in Verkaaft's is as it looked on the real red 1. I have not used a font, but hand made the letters on top of a picture scan. Read my above post and you will get the answer to foahr. As most of the letters looked the same as per the picture, i copied some of the hand made letters for the next similar letter. The e crept in as a mistake. I believe and hope all the others should be correct... Red 1 and the other doras of jv44 are very well documented with pictures taken by american soldiers arriving at munchen riem and ainring airfield days after the war was over. Many of them are in the book I mentioned. This makes these Doras actually some of the easiest to research. The actual paint, as with most luftwaffe aircraft, is never the less quite time consuming to get right. Much easier with the british and american aircraft...lol

I appreciate the discussion regarding the smaller details!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Its just as you are so closein all stunning details allready and so I (and Manfred) just try to help with that last details

Roland

It should be a 'k', Jens-Ole, unless it was a painter's error originally (can't check). The saying is never quoted as "Verlaaft's", even referring to Sachsenberg's plane.

One profile painting has it like this:

Don't know how reliable this is, of course. Anyway, it reads "Verkaufts" (don't think there is an apostrophe) and "I 'fahr", probably not quite right either, but making good sense.

Members who have read this thread: 139