Dino's T-45C version 2.50

Thread: Dino's T-45C version 2.50

Dino's T-45C version 2.52

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

T-45C Goshawk project release 2.52

FURTHER UPDATE TO V2.52.... SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

Getting rid of the dependency on the F/A-18 code was a little bit trickier than I thought... it turns out that it was driving also some of the advisory lights trigger I was using... so here we go with a further, and hopefully last for a while, update to the T-45C.

VERSION 2.52
    - Fixed AoA indexer logic (now compliant to the real deal)
    - Fixed bug preventing FLAPS advisory light to show

Download links have been amended, and file is being sent to avsim and flightsim as I write.

IMPORTANT! UPDATED TO V2.51!
    If you have downloaded version 2.50 you should download again the file - sorry for the inconvenience!

VERSION 2.51
    - Fixed bug preventing AoA indexer to work properly (note: AoA indexer is currently reporting the Angle of Incidence rather than the real AoA... therefore its optimal values are different from the AoA dials, but are now consistent with the HUD indications).
    - Added Hook Bypass functionality (clicking the Bypass switch turns on the AoA indexer even if the tailhook is not deployed)
    - Fixed minor bug in panel.cfg showing debug data rather than GPS

I took the chance of the release of Lockheed Martin Prepar3d v2 to create and release a (much needed) update to the T-45C Goshawk project. The major feature of this update is that there is a fresh new MFD system, written for scratch to both get rid of the dependence from fa-18.dll library AND have MFDs which are MUCH closer to the real deal (actually some pages are 100% compliant to the NATOPS).

A couple of important notes:
    - I have slightly modified the HSI page so that some soft keys are assigned to basic AUTOPILOT functions (rather than Waypoint management)
    - Some pages are non-functional - sorry you have to live with that. Some will show "INOP", while some others like the DATA page will show authentic, but inoperative, layout (this is just to show what would be the pilot interface in reality).
    - You can make MK76 training bombs appear by clicking the STRS -> A/G -> BOMB buttons. These bombs are cosmetic only and are non-droppable
    - The files are signed for Tacpack multiplayer... but there are no weapons whatsoever. The only working Tacpack functions is support for Tacpack Carrier Navaids: you have to enter the Tacpack "VOR equivalent" frequency into NAV1: if Tacan is detected, NAV2 will be automatically scanned for Tacpack Carrier ILS frequency. Tacpack navaids will show ONLY in the HUD (will not show in the MFDs HSI or anywhere else)
    - To install the aicraft in P3D you should follow the same procedure as for FSX (with the obvious changes... unzip in the Prepar3d main folder rather than the FSX main folder... I hope this goes without saying, but you never know!)

Detail of the changes are as follows:

VERSION 2.50
    - Full compatibility with Prepar3d v1.X and v2.0!
    - Completely redone MFD system, now features an (almost) complete and (partially) true to NATOPS bespoke MFD system.
    Acceleration F/A-18 files are not require anymore.
    - Changed pilot figures with professionally made models
    - Minor tweaks to glass representation, both in exterior models and interior models
    - Aircraft has now 3 Master Modes (NAV, A-A, A-G) selectable from the STRS page
    - User can make (non functional) MK76 training bombs to appear by selecting BOMB in the STRS page
    - Added proper A/G DEPression controls, will show in the HUD A/G mode
    - Autopilot now routed through the HSI page
    - Minor tweaks to the VC geometry
    - Support for TacPack Carrier NAVAIDS (only through HUD - Tune NAV1 to Carrier TACAN, ILS will be tuned automatically on NAV2)
    - Files are now signed for TacPack multiplayer (although the plane is completely disarmed)
    - Minor tweaks to AoA inidcations (still not 100% correct, but should be better)
    - Removed voice alerts
    - Fixed minor bug in instructor MFDs
    NOTE: FLIGHT MANUAL NOT UPDATED
    Well... I believe that is all. The file, for the moment, will be hosted only on this blog to limit its diffusion in case of major bugs. It will be uploaded to the usual repositories as soon as it is verified it works as intended.

You can download the file by clicking HERE , or by clicking on the side bar.
    Have fun!

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...lease-250.html
    Last edited by orionll; December 3rd, 2013 at 18:13. Reason: Updated with 2.52

Super!!!
    Grazie tante, Dino

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Sweeeeet!

Thanks, Dino and team!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks for the appreciation!

I have been noticed of another minor malfunction (flap light) - but cannot work on that for thw whole day... I'll leave the files as they are for the moment. Please report any malfunction (prefereably through my blog, but reporting here is fine too).

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Roger that. Thanks Dino.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I have not been able to get the AOA indexer to display. I have downloaded and installed V2.51.

EDIT: ****!!
    I found what I needed to do. Everything is working well.

VCN-1
    Last edited by VCN-1; December 3rd, 2013 at 15:25.

Guys,

I have released a further - and hopefully last for a while - update.

Getting rid of the dependency on the F/A-18 code was a little bit trickier than I thought... it turns out that it was driving also some of the advisory lights trigger I was using... so here we go with a further, and hopefully last for a while, update to the T-45C.

VERSION 2.52
    - Fixed AoA indexer logic (now compliant to the real deal)
    - Fixed bug preventing FLAPS advisory light to show

Anyway, it should be good to go - much more realistic MFDs along with full P3D compatibility!

Thank you very much

Thanks alot!!!
    Its nice to see, that their are people who put so much work in their hobbies like you.
    And the best thing for us: ITS FOR FREE!!
    Can't wait for the next updated plane.
    Do you consider to release paintkits for your aircrafts one day??

With best regards

Christoph

Dino,

your Tomcat and Goshawks were the FIRST aircraft I installed in V2. They are true works of art. As a retired Navy CPO, I salute you! Your talents are amazing, and MUCH appreciated! NC

Dino

Thanks for the updates.

This is a great product and it just keeps getting better.

VCN-1

Blog Entries
    Hello all,

Started to fly the sim again and developing an interest in newer jets. Have always enjoyed Dino's T-45 casually, but not in an in-depth way.

My question is the DEP (data entry panel). Is there a good tutorial showing the various modes and capabilities possible? The POH section 2.4.3.6 has some basics, but a video or other images showing examples would be helpful.

Thanks,

dl - and a happy new year to all!