Why and how?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why and how?

Icon5 Why and how?

Which reasons are, because i have a dp file of a bomb, that does not generate a cdp file? I really use that bomb in a plaine! and after drop it , it works.

How can i do, to modify the destructive power of a bomb?

Thanks
    Mario

Don't know too much about how bombs work but here is what I do know.

Open a bomb DP in notepad\wordpad and you will see this in the files.

[GUNSTATIONS]gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*11000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,17637

11000 is the damage done to the object with direct hit. 17637 is weight in ounces of the bomb.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Don't know too much about how bombs work but here is what I do know.

Open a bomb DP in notepad\wordpad and you will see this in the files.

[GUNSTATIONS]gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*11000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,17637

11000 is the damage done to the object with direct hit. 17637 is weight in ounces of the bomb.
    Thank u Allen for your reply.
    I´ve tryed that, but seems the modified dp file does not reload, thats why i have not a new cdp file generated, think so..

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Thank u Allen for your reply.
    I´ve tryed that, but seems the modified dp file does not reload, thats why i have not a new cdp file generated, think so..

Delete the cdp file for that bomb after you have updated the DP file of the "bomb". CFS2 will make a new cdp file when you start the game. There are other things to think about when trying to change a weapons DP. Just changing the damage won't change how it looks after it hits the ground. Well I take that back it does change the damage area. Thats the shock wave you see after it explodes.

You have to change the effects to realy change the look. If you realy want to learn about modifing weapons and effects then i suggest looking at this site.

http://web.tiscali.it/Nanni/CFS/

And

http://web.tiscali.it/Nanni/CFS/

Jaxon gets into some on his site.
    http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Tips.html
    http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/C...s_Effects.html

plus in the DPED there is a help file called "How to" that explains what everything does in a DP. not everything is needed with Weapons or other none aircraft DPs.

Check that out and see if there is anything you like.

Till later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Question

Sorry , but i cant see any cdp file generated from any bomb! perhaps weapons does not generate cdp files, so i was wrong from the begining?

they will be in the object_dp folder. if you use that weapon it will create a new cdp. if you renamed the DP then you wont see the weapon ingame. change the name of the original DP, i add a 1 or letter after then name, then have your new DP use the old name. does that make sense?

see if that works.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    they will be in the object_dp folder. if you use that weapon it will create a new cdp. if you renamed the DP then you wont see the weapon ingame. change the name of the original DP, i add a 1 or letter after then name, then have your new DP use the old name. does that make sense?

see if that works.
    I think the same! perhaps i have some trouble with my cfs2 .

pass them to me and i'll give them a go. it has to be something simple.

right now i'm trying to get my WWI bombs to work. they are fighting me all the way. i've forgotten a few steps. thats what happens when you take breaks from the game.

so if the names are the same... are you using the right name in the aircraft DP?

and is the aircraft DP correct. check for errors in there. look for typos and numbering mistakes.

when you select your aircraft are they showing up?

take a look at that.

Oops...

Hey misson. i might be mistaken as to the cdp. after messing with my bombs i dont have a cdp with them. so they might not have them. i'll let you know as i go ahead.

Sorry , but i cant see any cdp file generated from any bomb! perhaps weapons does not generate cdp files, so i was wrong from the begining?
    Weapons don't generate CDP's, only inf objects do that...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

CFS2 Bomb Programming

Regarding bombs, this is a copied SOH posted tutorial some years back from my CFS2 Notes file, don't really know who the author was. All you need to know about CFS2 bombs:

================================================== ================================================== =============

CFS2 bomb programming

One thing to remember when working with bombs in CFS2;
    CFS2 creates bomb damage in two very different ways.

1. If the bomb strikes the targets DP Boxes the hit point number in the Bombs DP is applied to the target.

In case 1 the damage value in the bombs DP Gunstation section is used.
    A 1000lb bomb looks like this:

([GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*10000,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,16000

It delivers 10000 Hit Points to the directly to the DP of the object it hits. Pretty simple and straight forward so far. If the bomb/rocket makes a direct hit, it acts just like a bullet as far as the target DP is concerned.

2. If the bomb strikes the ground next to the target, CFS2 uses 3 different FX's depending on the weapon_type in the bombs DP.

This is where things get messy.

First off, there are 4 different “weapon_type”s that cover all of the different bombs.

Type 1 is the lightest, like the 30 & 60kg and 250Lb’ers.

Type 2 covers the 250kg and 500lb bombs.

Type 3 is for the 1000lb bomb and Type 4 is used by the 800kg and 2000lb bombs.

Now that that’s clear, let’s make mud.

When a bomb strikes the ground in CFS2 the program selects one of 3, yes 3 and not 4 FX to trigger. You’d think there would be 4 FX since there are 4 different weapons types, right?

Nope. Here’s how things work out.

The 3 Effects are the fx_gndexpl_s, m & l:
    Type 1 bombs use the “s” FX:
    Type 2 uses the “m” FX:
    and Types 3 & 4 both use the “l” FX.
    Doing DP weapon work and trying to figure out the numbers. I searched around for a listing but could not find it. I thought it would be good to have a list/guide for easy checks and weapon functions.

I thank Pen32 and Talos2005 for some of the info. I did research also.

Basically no matter what you want to call your weapon or what ever you make it look like it will always do/follow what the number represents.

Lets try to add on to the list. Addition/Removal of data and corrections welcome! Stay on topic.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

All weapons are
    unit family=4
    category=37

[Weapon Types:]
    1=Bomb (small) 30lb, 100lb, 250lb, 30kg, 60kg
    2=Bomb (medium) 500lb, 250kg
    3=Bomb (large) 1000lb, 500kg, 800kg
    4=Bomb (very large) 2,000lb. 1000 kg
    5=Rocket
    6=Rocket air to air
    7=Rocket
    8=Rocket (timed) - 8 seconds
    9=Torpedo - MK13, seems to be for lighter torpedoes
    10= Torpedo - MK13, seems to be for lighter torpedoes
    11=Torpedo - Type91, seems to be for heavier torpedoes
    12= Torpedo - Type91, seems to be for heavier torpedoes
    13=bullet
    14=drop Tank 1000 lbs
    15=Drop Tank - Jap 330litre, Jap 200litre, corsair/hellcat/lightning tanks, most picked
    16=Drop Tank (200gal)
    17=Drop Tank (150gal18= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    18= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    19= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    20=Pylon - Pylons, Pods, Parts: Used for rocket pods, ordinance mounts, pylons and SID pilot

==========================================

They also use...
    max_weight=
    ========================================

All you need to do is alter the weight in the .dp (OBJECTS_DP)

Example: wep_us_2000lb_gp.dp (stock CFS2 item)

[BOXES]
    box.0=%box_name.0%,-1.26,-0.08,-2.74,1.26,5.76,2.74

[SYSTEMS]
    system.0=%system_name.0%,2000,21

[BOXMAPS.0]
    ; Box = bomb_0
    boxmap.0=100,21

[EFFECTS.0]
    ; System = bomb
    effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_s,
    effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
    effect.2=50,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
    effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_l,
    effect.4=100,BOMB,,

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*20000,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,32000

[guns.0]
    gun.0=1,0,0,0,0,0,0

[MISC_DATA]
    unit_family=4
    category=37
    max_weight=909 (this appears to be in Kg.) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    weapon_type=4

[STRINGS]
    "box_name.0"=bomb_0
    "system_name.0"=Bomb
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changing the weight to "9" would allow you to sling a pair of these 2000lb monsters onto the O-1F Birddog (Cessna) & take off with no trouble at all.

The plane will perform as though it had a 9KG bomb under each wing.

Found this out when I slung a torpedo under a Zero just for fun. (flight performance suffered badly until the torp. weight was changed)

================================

...all of the system parts with the higher numbers are the ones to focus on. Anything with mid to high five figures is sure to profoundly harden a target and delay its destruction. By reducing these higher values by 75% or whatever you think is appropriate, you will essentially achieve the same effect as pre-damaging in MB, but without having to contend with MB's temperament. Plus, as i said before, the item's strength is permanently reduced for any application in new missions or as substitutions in existing missions.

Another correlating factor that plays into this is the damage dice of your weapons used against the target. Every bomb, torpedo and rocket dp has a damage dice imbedded into its gunstation that determines how many hitpoints it will deliver against the lifepoints of the individual systems in a target. For example, this highlighted red portion is the standard dice for all of my 1000lb bombs, regardless of the sources:

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,>>> 7d7*40000 <<<,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,42000

The MS stock standard for this sized weapon is:

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,>>> 1d1*10000 <<<,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,16000

First, 10000 hitpoints is not my idea of a 1000lb high explosive weapon in CFS2. Secondly, the parameter of 7d7* builds a random effectiveness factor into the detonation, as opposed to the straightforward predictability of using 1d1* parameter. A 1d1* setup will always detonate with the same range, magnitude and collateral effect. A 7d7* setup will surprise you with random results; one hard target will take two direct hits to destroy and another just one; a set of "hard" hangars will take collateral damage from a near miss and burn in one case, while another similar near miss does nothing but produce smoke and dust....i like that idea.
    --------------------------------------------------------

....Did you do a similar change for the 500 lb and smaller weapons to include rockets?...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep....none of my weapon dices are stock. Even my add-on weaps are changed likewise. And in making these types of mods, i pretty much used the 7d7* param in all weaps no matter the type in order to keep the randomness factor involved. But the numerical hit points i did vary depending on the size and type. I won't bother to post any more examples on other types here because i think any reader can now understand the relational methodology and make these mods according to their own preferences. Its your thing, do whatcha wanna do...
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

6=Rocket air to air
    13=bullet

WTF is this? Never see such a thing....

Icon14 wow!

That was really illustrative! A big thank u! for all you people!
    Now , i´m going to make some adjustments !

Allen,

You don't see all of them with the DP editor as its ment for aircraft.

It wasn't that long ago I messed with all of the weapon_type= and those numbers don't work like the say they do. The rocket is a rocket like any other and bullet works like a bomb.
    Last edited by Allen; November 25th, 2013 at 16:28.

Hi Allen,

Did you see the text line above the category numbers list?

"Lets try to add on to the list. Addition/Removal of data and corrections welcome! Stay on topic."

If you have done some experiments and can tell us what you learned, why not share it with us instead of throwing out WTFs and general statements that they don't work like that? I know I would appreciate learning something from you and I imagine the rest of the crew would as well.

How did numbers 6 and 13 work when you tested them? Was there zero difference between 5, 6, and 7? There are 4 different numbers for different bomb sizes. Does number 13 correspond with one of those or is it something different?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

I have seen the air to air rockets used but i don't think they function any differently then normal rockets. I'll test it out and report back. I'm not able to find the weapons that used it at the moment so i'll make one.

I dont think i've seen the 13=bullet used at all.

DPs are the simplest files to read but the most misunderstood. I've learn how an aircrafts DP is used for controling the AIs in MB and ingame. so i'm sure there is a relation to that with the weapon and obj DPs. that may be why we don't see a change. if the AI uses them there might be. the 6= could be to tell the AI to use the rockets air to air. now thats a thought i think i'll test.

till later.
    John

6 does infact make a difference. they will fly in the air longer and straiter. I have not tested then with the AI. For that I will have to make a mission. I'll post both types with screen shots so we can see the difference. I'm not even sure what to do with the bullet. maybe leave it for another day.

John,
    Tango did an air to air rocket a while back. It explodes after, something like, 8 seconds and if its close to your opponent, it will take out the aircraft. I believe its over at SimV. Search under his name and you should find it.
    Bub
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Hi Bub,

Yeah that's the weapon type number 8. The Daedelus Fw190A-8 included weapons package has WGr. 21cm rockets that use that type code, and they do explode after 8 seconds. Great for hitting tightly packed B17 formations if you can time it right.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

weapon_type=6 is used for the stock US Navy Rocket. It is not a Air to Air. weapon_type=5 us used for the US Army Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    weapon_type=6 is used for the stock US Navy Rocket. It is not a Air to Air. weapon_type=5 us used for the US Army Rocket.
    Wich the diference is, talking about behaving?

Wich the diference is, talking about behaving?

5 = will fly a shorter distance and hit the ground. it has a fast drop.
    6 = will fly longer and straiter. has more of a flat arch to it.

I haven't tried 8 yet.

I'm still working on my weapons so i'll try the bomb types later.

It makes no difference to the AI. they won't use the rockets air to air. It was worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    5 = will fly a shorter distance and hit the ground. it has a fast drop.
    6 = will fly longer and straiter. has more of a flat arch to it.

I haven't tried 8 yet.

I'm still working on my weapons so i'll try the bomb types later.

It makes no difference to the AI. they won't use the rockets air to air. It was worth a try.
    Some times I feel pain for cfs2 limitations, but if we think better... is amazing how complex and complete cfs2 was made. I would like to give some medals for those creators!.
    Cheers
    Mario

Minor corrections...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Regarding bombs, this is a copied SOH posted tutorial some years back from my CFS2 Notes file, don't really know who the author was. All you need to know about CFS2 bombs:

================================================== ================================================== =============

CFS2 bomb programming

One thing to remember when working with bombs in CFS2;
    CFS2 creates bomb damage in two very different ways.

1. If the bomb strikes the targets DP Boxes the hit point number in the Bombs DP is applied to the target.

In case 1 the damage value in the bombs DP Gunstation section is used.
    A 1000lb bomb looks like this:

([GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*10000,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,16000

It delivers 10000 Hit Points to the directly to the DP of the object it hits. Pretty simple and straight forward so far. If the bomb/rocket makes a direct hit, it acts just like a bullet as far as the target DP is concerned.

2. If the bomb strikes the ground next to the target, CFS2 uses 3 different FX's depending on the weapon_type in the bombs DP.

This is where things get messy.

First off, there are 4 different “weapon_type”s that cover all of the different bombs.

Type 1 is the lightest, like the 30 & 60kg and 250Lb’ers.

Type 2 covers the 250kg and 500lb bombs.

Type 3 is for the 1000lb bomb and Type 4 is used by the 800kg and 2000lb bombs.

Now that that’s clear, let’s make mud.

When a bomb strikes the ground in CFS2 the program selects one of 3, yes 3 and not 4 FX to trigger. You’d think there would be 4 FX since there are 4 different weapons types, right?

Nope. Here’s how things work out.

The 3 Effects are the fx_gndexpl_s, m & l:
    Type 1 bombs use the “s” FX:
    Type 2 uses the “m” FX:
    and Types 3 & 4 both use the “l” FX.
    Doing DP weapon work and trying to figure out the numbers. I searched around for a listing but could not find it. I thought it would be good to have a list/guide for easy checks and weapon functions.

I thank Pen32 and Talos2005 for some of the info. I did research also.

Basically no matter what you want to call your weapon or what ever you make it look like it will always do/follow what the number represents.

Lets try to add on to the list. Addition/Removal of data and corrections welcome! Stay on topic.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

All weapons are
    unit family=4
    category=37

1=Bomb (small) 30lb, 100lb, 250lb, 30kg, 60kg
    2=Bomb (medium) 500lb, 250kg
    3=Bomb (large) 1000lb, 500kg, 800kg
    4=Bomb (very large) 2,000lb. 1000 kg
    5=Rocket
    6=Rocket air to air
    7=Rocket
    8=Rocket (timed) - 8 seconds
    9=Torpedo - MK13, seems to be for lighter torpedoes
    10= Torpedo - MK13, seems to be for lighter torpedoes
    11=Torpedo - Type91, seems to be for heavier torpedoes
    12= Torpedo - Type91, seems to be for heavier torpedoes
    13=bullet
    14=drop Tank 1000 lbs
    15=Drop Tank - Jap 330litre, Jap 200litre, corsair/hellcat/lightning tanks, most picked
    16=Drop Tank (200gal)
    17=Drop Tank (150gal18= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    18= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    19= drop Tank 1000 lbs
    20=Pylon - Pylons, Pods, Parts: Used for rocket pods, ordinance mounts, pylons and SID pilot

==========================================

They also use...
    max_weight=
    ========================================

All you need to do is alter the weight in the .dp (OBJECTS_DP)

Example: wep_us_2000lb_gp.dp (stock CFS2 item)

[BOXES]
    box.0=%box_name.0%,-1.26,-0.08,-2.74,1.26,5.76,2.74

[SYSTEMS]
    system.0=%system_name.0%,2000,21

[BOXMAPS.0]
    ; Box = bomb_0
    boxmap.0=100,21

[EFFECTS.0]
    ; System = bomb
    effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_s,
    effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
    effect.2=50,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
    effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_l,
    effect.4=100,BOMB,,

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*20000,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,32000

[guns.0]
    gun.0=1,0,0,0,0,0,0

[MISC_DATA]
    unit_family=4
    category=37
    max_weight=909 (this appears to be in Kg.) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    weapon_type=4

[STRINGS]
    "box_name.0"=bomb_0
    "system_name.0"=Bomb
    Changing the weight to "9" would allow you to sling a pair of these 2000lb monsters onto the O-1F Birddog (Cessna) & take off with no trouble at all.

The plane will perform as though it had a 9KG bomb under each wing.

Found this out when I slung a torpedo under a Zero just for fun. (flight performance suffered badly until the torp. weight was changed)

================================

...all of the system parts with the higher numbers are the ones to focus on. Anything with mid to high five figures is sure to profoundly harden a target and delay its destruction. By reducing these higher values by 75% or whatever you think is appropriate, you will essentially achieve the same effect as pre-damaging in MB, but without having to contend with MB's temperament. Plus, as i said before, the item's strength is permanently reduced for any application in new missions or as substitutions in existing missions.

Another correlating factor that plays into this is the damage dice of your weapons used against the target. Every bomb, torpedo and rocket dp has a damage dice imbedded into its gunstation that determines how many hitpoints it will deliver against the lifepoints of the individual systems in a target. For example, this highlighted red portion is the standard dice for all of my 1000lb bombs, regardless of the sources:

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,>>> 7d7*40000 <<<,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,42000

The MS stock standard for this sized weapon is:

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0=3,21,8,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,>>> 1d1*10000 <<<,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,16000

First, 10000 hitpoints is not my idea of a 1000lb high explosive weapon in CFS2. Secondly, the parameter of 7d7* builds a random effectiveness factor into the detonation, as opposed to the straightforward predictability of using 1d1* parameter. A 1d1* setup will always detonate with the same range, magnitude and collateral effect. A 7d7* setup will surprise you with random results; one hard target will take two direct hits to destroy and another just one; a set of "hard" hangars will take collateral damage from a near miss and burn in one case, while another similar near miss does nothing but produce smoke and dust....i like that idea.
    --------------------------------------------------------

....Did you do a similar change for the 500 lb and smaller weapons to include rockets?...
    Yep....none of my weapon dices are stock. Even my add-on weaps are changed likewise. And in making these types of mods, i pretty much used the 7d7* param in all weaps no matter the type in order to keep the randomness factor involved. But the numerical hit points i did vary depending on the size and type. I won't bother to post any more examples on other types here because i think any reader can now understand the relational methodology and make these mods according to their own preferences. Its your thing, do whatcha wanna do...
    I have a couple corrections to make on this. Its not any mistake on your part Captain Kurt.

In reguards to the weight mentioned here, this is incorrect information. All weight in the DP is in Ounces. Proof being in the "How to Doc" which is included with DPed.

"[GUNS] window:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This window controls the armaments definitions.
    [Trigger] is a trigger button. The value may 0,1,2 or 3. The values
    correspond to each 1-4 key on a keyboard. If the "No Weapons" is specified,
    the [GUNSTATIONS] and [GUNS] sections are not written in a DP file. If
    the plane has no armaments, you may select "No Weapons".
    [Spec] defines armaments specification. The value may 1,2,4 or 8.
    [Part] is a part of this armament which is defined in the [PARTS] window.
    In case you want to set armament which is not in a PARTS section, you
    can set the number directory into the right window. For example, bombs(21)
    and Torpedoes(62) of CFS2 are not in PARTS section.
    [Round] is an interval of fire. "0.06" means 1000 rounds per minute.
    [Speed] is an initial speed in (meters/second).
    [Trace] is a term how long CFS traces its trajectory in second.
    [Flush] means muzzle flush. Ordinary value for guns are "0.01" and
    cannons are "0.05".
    [Range] is concerning the timing when AI planes start shooting. When
    you close towards an AI plane, the closer you are to this [Range], the AI
    plane will start shooting at you.
    [Sound] defines the shooting sound (eg cannon or machine gun).
    [Tracer] is a percentage of a tracer (it is adviseable to keep this value
    below 80% as it will affect graphics/game speed!).
    [Dice] is a damage dice. "1d1*" means unit of a dice. If a value following
    the "1d1*" is larger, the damage will occur to a larger area. Ordinary values
    are followings.
    7.7mm = 8
    12.7mm = 13
    20 mm = 20
    30 mm = 30
    90LB Rocket=3000
    110LB Bomb =6000
    An explosion warhead value may 1.4 to 3 times as big.
    [Offset] is an offset value from the CG (center of gravity) in meters.
    [Pitch] is UP/DOWN angle.
    [Bank] is for swivel guns.
    [L/R angle] is a horizontal heading in degrees. Forward = 0, Right = 90,
    Left = -90, Backward = 180(-180).
    [Swivel Limit] is a limit angle of swivel guns. Neutral position is
    defined by [Pitch][Bank][L/R angle].
    Swivel guns are only effective when the plane controls them - AI. Otherwise
    the gun will fixed to neutral direction.
    [Weight] is a weight of bullet in ounces (be aware that this armament weight
    is added to that of the fuel and then the aircraft's dry-weight to give
    a total weight!).
    You may delete or add [GUNS] by clicking [Del] or [Add] button. If you
    delete [GUNS], related [GUNSTATIONS] datas also will removed.

You may define armament positions at a lower part of the window.
    [Bullets] is maximum and default of the number of bullets.
    [Offset] is an offset from a position defined at the above.
    [Pitch] and [L/R angle] is an offset angle in degrees.
    [Tracer On] is defining whether tracer is visible or not (see above!)."

we can see in the gun station that that the weight is 16000 for a 1000lb bomb. which is correct. but in the top the auther mentions that 909 is in Kgs which would be correct for a 2000lb bomb but as stated in the "how to" it should be read as ounces.

The statement about lowering the weight is obviously correct. The units of measure is not.
    if anyone need further proof then please look at the stock weapons and you will see what i mean.

***Please note that I'm using an english version of CFS2. If you have another then please check the Stock weapons to and report any differences. There shouldn't be. Without having any other I can not verify it.***

This is just another confusing tid bit to mess with our minds. Kinda like the whole knots and KPH thing with Mission Builder.

Sorry Captain Kurt, I just wanted to point that out incase anyone needed the info. Hope you don't mind.

Till Later,
    John

Members who have read this thread: 26