Prepar3d V2 Screenshots
Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepar3d V2 Screenshots

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Prepar3d V2 Screenshots

Hey all,

Some screenshots that show how the new HDR shading and lighting technologies work. The light and shadows are 'high contrast' as like they are in real life outside in the sunlight. The light also correctly cascades on different materials (shiny and dull) in very nice ways as well. Some blooms occur, and also a shading that is similar to ambient occlusion. A setting also allows for some very slight fuzziness.

Here are some screenshots of the Mooney Acclaim and Avelina.

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Some more.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    The main thing with V2 (from what I have been gathering) is that the entire platform has been going through massive rewriting, getting rid of a lot of code and bringing in new technology shaders that work with new high realism HDR shading, slight disfocus (very slight), and moderate contrast in shading/lighting. Performance has been a key element in V2 as well. The sim on my computer loads up in exactly 10 seconds. I do have SSD hard drives and have V2 running on its own drive, but still, 10 seconds is moderately faster then V1 and especially FSX.

Its been exciting.

Er, when I boot up FSX, I can go make coffee, and it MIGHT be up and running by then......NC

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Er, when I boot up FSX, I can go make coffee, and it MIGHT be up and running by then......NC
    I remember those times. How I hated that. Trying to test files, needing to reload the sim countless times a day, and having to wait for what seemed like 5 min's each time was CRAZY!!!!!!

Boy, I really like Prepar3d 2.0!
    It's the FSXI we always wanted...and backward compatibility is pretty good too!
    I will be optimizing all of my projects for it - looks much better than FSX and runs smoother.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	558044_727419970604800_39836616_n.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1395906_727430777270386_694264909_n.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1456545_727423500604447_513925888_n.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	389

Very nice screenshots, gentlemen. Thanks for sharing these.
    I noticed the shadows in P3D v2 are a huge step forward from FSX. In some video, I could even see that the scenery objects are now casting shadows on airplanes and other animated objects.

My question is: does an aircraft cast shadows on another aircraft ? You know, like in these close formation pictures where one of the plane shadows appears on one of the other planes below ?

Also, that means that we'll finally get a decent lighting on our aircrafts at dawn/dusk and when they sit below a hangar, right ?

Ah, last thing: does the aircraft shadow finally appear on a non-flat ground, like a hill ?
    Last edited by Daube; November 18th, 2013 at 07:08.

I have not tried formation flying to check if there are shadowing restrictions... but basically you have the options to set the categories of objects that cast and that receive shadows at will.
    This includes, for example, autogen trees (!)... full shadowing comes at a price in fps, but it is a HUGE step forward compared to FSX.
    Cockpit shadowing is very effective, too.

Thanks a lot for the explanations Dino !

On the page showing the new pricing information, we can see some new screenshots.
    One of them shows the F-22 cockpit when being under a hangar. Sadly, the sun illuminates the cockpit despite the hangar roof :/ Do you confirm ?

Beautiful screenshots, and teaser videos. I hope they release it soon; I want it!!!! NC

Dino..Great to see that Hoover with a Hook!

I've got a computer (8120 Bulldozer with X-Fire 4870s) that never seemed to run FSX very well. Do you gentlemen think that P3D V2 will run acceptably on the platform? If it doesn't, can I transfer the license to another platform easily?

TIA.

(P.S. Now that I've reviewed the P3D V2 specs chart, it looks like the 4890s may not work as they are not DirectX 11 (or is that a function of the driver...).)
    Last edited by rvn817j; November 19th, 2013 at 14:59.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Thanks a lot for the explanations Dino !

On the page showing the new pricing information, we can see some new screenshots.
    One of them shows the F-22 cockpit when being under a hangar. Sadly, the sun illuminates the cockpit despite the hangar roof :/ Do you confirm ?
    Probably not all of the shadow options are enabled. I've seen screenshots of trees casting shadows on aircraft, so I'd assume that buildings would too.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Dino..Great to see that Hoover with a Hook!

I've got a computer (8120 Bulldozer with X-Fire 4870s) that never seemed to run FSX very well. Do you gentlemen think that P3D V2 will run acceptably on the platform? If it doesn't, can I transfer the license to another platform easily?

TIA.

(P.S. Now that I've reviewed the P3D V2 specs chart, it looks like the 4890s may not work as they are not DirectX 11 (or is that a function of the driver...).)

I am fairly certain you will need a DX11 card. But.....! With that said, why not buy 30 days with the Developer license (the 30 days only purchase) and see how well it works. If it doesn't, then start saving up for a DX11 card.

Thanks LH!

That is one way to go and also see how I like P3D vs. FSX. I will do a "switcheroo" from one of my other rigs with a DX11 card.
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

In my experience, non-DX11-native graphics card CAN run DX11 (albeit sometimes with restricted options) but the performance is really poor.
    Basically, afaik, if the application requires a DX11 feature that the card does not support natively the performance hit is huge, as the feature gets emulated via software.

Prepar3d v2.0 makes a very intensive use of DX-11 exclusive features (e.g. tessellation and instancing), so, in short, it needs DX-11 native cards (the more memory, the better for the sim).

In general I am very pleased with P3D v2.0 performance. For the settings and the sceneries I use (mostly large photoreal sceneries, fast jets) it is NOT a huge boost in performance in terms of fps *BUT* I have a much more realistic shadowing, HDR, bloom, anti-aliasing, 3D water, tessellation and reflections with almost no impact on the frame rate.
    One of the game-changers, for me, is cockpit lightning - it is very nicely done and makes FSX looks really old.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    In my experience, non-DX11-native graphics card CAN run DX11 (albeit sometimes with restricted options) but the performance is really poor.
    Basically, afaik, if the application requires a DX11 feature that the card does not support natively the performance hit is huge, as the feature gets emulated via software.

Prepar3d v2.0 makes a very intensive use of DX-11 exclusive features (e.g. tessellation and instancing), so, in short, it needs DX-11 native cards (the more memory, the better for the sim).

In general I am very pleased with P3D v2.0 performance. For the settings and the sceneries I use (mostly large photoreal sceneries, fast jets) it is NOT a huge boost in performance in terms of fps *BUT* I have a much more realistic shadowing, HDR, bloom, anti-aliasing, 3D water, tessellation and reflections with almost no impact on the frame rate.
    One of the game-changers, for me, is cockpit lightning - it is very nicely done and makes FSX looks really old.

My sentiments exactly. I couldn't run AA very high (at all) with V1. With V2, its running smoothly. Cabin shading is just incredible. Night and day difference in realism.

For those who have not seen the images in the LM website... my humble contibution to P3Dv2...

Name:	f35.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	456 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f35interior.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	457

For those who have not seen the images in the LM website... my humble contibution to P3Dv2...

Humble it is not. Fantastic it is! Great work Dino. (I hope LM is providing you a "quid pro quo".) Best regards.
    Jay

Beautiful screenshots, Dino!

I know you are a busy man, but is there any chance you could post some screenshots, or (better yet!) a short video of your fantastic F-14 Tomcat being launched from a carrier, or perhaps trapping aboard? I haven't seen any mention of P3D V2 capabilities in this regard. I am hoping that has not changed! NC

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Humble it is not. Fantastic it is! Great work Dino. (I hope LM is providing you a "quid pro quo".) Best regards.
    Not really - I provided the F-35A free-of-charge to LM. I
    t is a basic, weaponless, F-35A only model.
    It is a (slightly) downgraded version of the "official" package - I am happy it is part of the package and I hope it contributes to its success. But most of all, I am thinking about the fact that this may help raising the interest of youngest "users" - and increase their enthusiasm in Learning about aviation.

Aside, I will be upgrading all of my fleet so that it will fully compatible with P3Dv2... the first in the line is the T-45.

It's great to see your superb work now officially in P3D Dino, congratulations!

I was at the flight sim show a few weeks ago here in the UK and someone was asking one of the dealers whether he could buy a Lightning II. I quickly chipped in and said don't bother, get Dino's instead. Top class payware quality, but free! He went away with a huge grin on his face...

Hawaiian P3D 2 waves over at ORBX

A gentleman from New Zealand , Edward Boyte , posted some fantastic screens of the water and waves off the coast of Oahu . It really shows how improved the already excellent water and waves were . You can really notice how much larger they are in 2.0 : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...-hawaii-waves/ They are in the ORBX forum section " Preview Screens and Videos "

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Not really - I provided the F-35A free-of-charge to LM. I
    t is a basic, weaponless, F-35A only model.
    It is a (slightly) downgraded version of the "official" package - I am happy it is part of the package and I hope it contributes to its success. But most of all, I am thinking about the fact that this may help raising the interest of youngest "users" - and increase their enthusiasm in Learning about aviation.

Aside, I will be upgrading all of my fleet so that it will fully compatible with P3Dv2... the first in the line is the T-45.
    Your sentiments are well placed and inspiring. In fact, I've got time on my hands and have been wondering how to best use it. You've given me some ideas. The EAA Young Eagles Program can always use a new volunteer. Grazie amico dell'aviazione. (I used an internet translator.) Best regards...
    Jay

Trying to bring the post back on topic... two P3DV2 "maxed out" screenshots of default content, plus two WIP pictures of a T-45C update I am working on...

Name:	Maxed_out_P3D.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	963.3 KB 
ID:	477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxed_out_P3D2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	717.7 KB 
ID:	478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t45.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	847.2 KB