FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 79
Page 79 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2969717273747576777879808182838485868789129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3819

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Is that Mk.XVI the one by Plane Design? Looks similar but I thought their model had the bubble-top canopy.

Taff.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

It's Paul Rebuffat's Mk.XVI, and it's freeware. It does look suspiciously like the Plane Design model tho... but you're right about the clearview canopy.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi Taff,

As BB686 are mentioned , the Mk.XVI is indeed the freeware model done by Paul Rebuffat for CFS2. I think the model is at least 15 years old. The Mk.XVI was very similar to the Mk.IX. The main difference was that the Mk.XVI was powered by a Packard built engine. Like the Mk.XIV the Mk.XVI came both with the traditional canopy as with the teardrop canopy.

As both these models are Mk.XVI Spitfires and were used in the same period and in a similar role, it is logical they look alike. However the Plane Design model is much more sophisticated than the old model by Paul Rebuffat. Especially the VC shows its age. But I still like the external model of Paul's Spitfires very much. The textures on this model are done by me, on request of a Dutch virtual squadron.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,

if I had read your earlier post properly I would have realised it wasn't the Plane Design model. The quality repaint puts me in mind of several skins included with the Plane Design product - did you participate in the project?

Also, I wasn't aware of Paul's freeware model. As for the dated VC not necessarily a problem I often prefer 2D panels over VCs. Old habits die hard. I will have to check the model out.

Regards,
    Taff

Huub, I think the PD Spitfire Mk.XVI looks good in Dutch colours also...

Regards,

Taff

The most beautiful Spitfire ever!!! Pity it is not available for P3Dv4...

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; October 8th, 2018 at 12:59.

The PD Spitfire is indeed one of the best Spitfires for FS2004. The colours of the paintwork I did for Paul Rebuffat's were based on the colours of the PD model, which allowed them to fly the repaints together with the PD model. I was not involved in the development of the PD Spitfire.

The smaller roundels with the yellow outline on the top of the wings were used on the aircraft of 2nd Tactical Air Force from end 1944. As these aircraft often flew at low level in ground attack missions it made them easier to recognise from above.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The smaller roundels with the yellow outline on the top of the wings were used on the aircraft of 2nd Tactical Air Force from end 1944. As these aircraft often flew at low level in ground attack missions it made them easier to recognise from above.

Cheers,
    Huub
    I'm sure you are correct about the wing roundels but I preferred the larger low-vis roundels as they made it harder for roaming 109s and 190s to spot me from above!

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    * originally written for bushi *...
    Regarding the sky textures hurting the sim's performance in your classic laptop, am assuring you that they will not. The bitmaps are only about 3 kb apiece, both default ones as well as my tweaked textures. They're only 64 x 64 pixels each as they are in FSX, very small.

In interests of accurate information, the sky textures in FS2004 are only 32 x 32 pixels each, not 64 x 64. Apology for the gray matter flatulence.

Huub- Fine illustrated history lesson through your screenshots. You are one highly-gifted repainter as well, in my opinion. If you painted that Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1a P9374 then WoW, outstanding work! Am needing a Spitfire in my personal hanger, as a famous prop fighter is one of the few FS planes still needed here.

​.

A little nostalgia here.
    Shame the Caravelle never received a VC, an outstanding non commercial offering from AFG.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

More FS2004 nostalgia.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Wombat- Notalgia good, nice pics. The Caravelle is the sole AFG aircraft I've not as of yet had the pleasure. May have to remedy this soon. That 4-engine turbineliner in your "More nostalgia" above. Nice, never seen her before. What plane is that please?

Already had a good twin-prop warbird model, and now finally a single prop. A.F. Scrub's Seafire Mk.45 looks good flying by the
    KDUH-TV tower near my little village. Am over 1,200 feet AGL in the shot, giving you an idea how tall it is....

Close to Sunset

Last edited by boxcar; October 9th, 2018 at 07:45.

​.

Hi,
    I think it's the il-18 from Edgar Guinart. A wonderful model!

Andy.

Thanks, Andy, appreciated. Will look into that fine looking plane soon.

Post-Sunset
    @ 20 miles visibility

Set3 (here and above) is just not there yet for what I'm after. Will keep after it. Little by little one goes far...

​.

Rick Piper's amazing Hawker Siddeley HS.748 on the ramp. This model is outstanding and bundled with a copious amount of quality liveries. N.B. this is not my repaint, I just wanted to advertise the model a little as it's really good!

Taff

I love your repaints Taff Keep them coming!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Rick Piper's amazing Hawker Siddeley HS.748 on the ramp. This model is outstanding and bundled with a copious amount of quality liveries. N.B. this is not my repaint, I just wanted to advertise the model a little as it's really good!

Taff
    and whilst you're talking about that one, don't forget the HS780 Andover variant also done by Rick

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; October 10th, 2018 at 17:45.

And a shout-out to Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, John Smith, James Banks, and SOH members for this fine aircraft, the Avia 57, available in our Warbirds Library.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    I think it's the il-18 from Edgar Guinart. A wonderful model!

Andy.
    Indeed it is.
    There are at least three versions of the IL-18 but they all work with a few tweaks.
    Great subject.

Do you know what, I'm not a tubeliner guy at all, BUT these are great, I think it's the nostalgia and ac type I'm liking a lot. And yes W that Il-18, I didn't recognise, nice ac and great screenies..

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ...BUT these are great...
    Wholeheartedly agreeing with you. The IL-18, the Caravelle, and more are helping to round out my hanger. Fine FS planes, appreciating clues given. Thank you.

​.

Battle of Britain the movie........

In the 1969 movie Battle of Britain Sdn Ldr Skipper (Played by Robert Shaw and based on Sailor Malan) flew a Spitfire Mk.IX in the movie in 1940 he would have flown a Mk.Ia Spitfire. His counter part Major Falke (Played by Manfred Reddemann and based on Adolf Galland) flew a Hispano Aviacion Ha1112 which should have been a Messerschmitt Bf109 E4.
    So I recreated my own Battle of Britain, with the historical correct aircraft.

Cheers,
    Huub

Excuses are not reasons. Cut the "historical significance" crap, stop playing games, fess up to what you really are. Several moderators are openly flying Nazi symbols. Enough for me.
    Last edited by boxcar; October 13th, 2018 at 23:57.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Huub- Fine illustrated history lesson through your screenshots. You are one highly-gifted repainter as well, in my opinion. If you painted that Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1a P9374 then WoW, outstanding work! Am needing a Spitfire in my personal hanger, as a famous prop fighter is one of the few FS planes still needed here.

Too much honour. The repaint is indeed mine, but based on John Terrell's excellent paintkit.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Too much honour. The repaint is indeed mine, but based on John Terrell's excellent paintkit.

Cheers,
    Huub
    THAT is one sweet paint job on the Spit!!! OMG!!!