FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 118
Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1868108110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3819

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Flying my FCS Lanc this evening

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Bernard,

There was only one Caudron C.450 build and it was blue. There were 3 Caudrons C.460 build and they were all blue. There were 2 Caudrons C.461 build and they were all blue. So it is not strange you did only find blue aircraft in the package.

The red one so far only exists on my hard disk. I did it after I had seen the images of the incredible Caudron C.430 Rafale model in the MSFS forum. In the past have been in contact with the designer, but as I did put his name on the nose, I would like to ask his permission first before I will release it.
    Thanks for your reply and hope seeing it here in near future!

I recreated some time ago the "Deutsch de la Meurthe cup" was an international aeronautical speed competition instituted in 1909. In the Thirties the course was held over 100 km, from French Etampes aerodrome to Boncé (near Chartres) and back. The last competition was organized 1n 1936, in which two Caudron C.461s, one Caudron C.450 and two Caudron C.560s took part.

The Caudron's lined up ...

and taking off from Etampes Mondesir airfield

The leading Caudron C460 approaching the waypoint at Boncé near Chartres (well known for its cathedral and royal conorations)

This event allready attracted a great interest ...

Bernard

Fantastic atmospheric pics Bernard ,

Really captured that 30's feel...and the good people of France being such church goers! ha ha

Cheers

Shessi

Nice shots Bernard! Coincidentally I just finished the fictional repaint for Gilles Faulmeyer's unfinished C.450. (I think the C.450 model in your screenshots is the one by Pat Grange).

Most likely you all know the story. An unfinished beta model was released on a CD with a magazine and ended on the Russian version of Avsim. Gilles never finished the FS2004 version , but released an FSX native version of the model.
    The unfinished model however is already stunning, so I decided to release this repaint for it. The FS2004 model can be found here: https://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml (Just do a search for Caudron).

Make sure you download the correct version as I will also upload an FSX version. As the alphas work different for both models the FSX version can not be used for FS9.

And I did a brushed aluminium instrument panel

Will be available soon,

Huub

Wow!
    A German Tornado with a New Mexico State Flag!

Who knew?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Wow!
    A German Tornado with a New Mexico State Flag!

Who knew?
    The German Tornado training unit was at Holloman AFB in New Mexico.

https://www.holloman.af.mil/About/Un...man-Air-Force/

Sean

A repaint with a story. Recently I did spend a short holiday in the extreme south of the Netherlands. I stayed an a small town called Mechelen with is located roughly between the Dutch city Maastricht and the German town of Aachen. You can find many reasonably short steep climbs over there which are the first signs of the Ardennes which are a bit more south. I'm a cyclist and I love to climbs these steeps hills by bike. It empties the mind and the only concern I have, is how to reach the top. At the end of the town I stayed, where you cross the small river called the "Geul", there is a small monument near bunker, which reminds to 3 events. The first one is the Dutch defence against the German invasion. The second and third events are air crashes during the war. The first is about a Halifax which crashed there after a bomb raid over Cologne in February 1943. The second one is about a P-47D which crashed there on the 26th of December 1944.

The (translated Dutch) text about the last event reads as follows: "During the Battle of the Bulge around Christmas 1944, lieutenant Clinton Winters was ordered to attack the German troops. His Thunderbolt, a single engine fighter, was hit by German anti-aircraft fire on its way to Houffalize (Note Huub: A small Belgian village just north of Bastogne) and caught fire. Eye witnesses saw the burning aircraft flying over the farmhouse called "de Pley" (Note Huub: currently a hotel) and crashing in the "Kruisbos" woods behind the farmhouse. The body of the lieutenant was found in the meadows behind the farmhouse with the parachute still unopened. Lieutenant Clinton Winters jr (23) is buried at the Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial in Margraten."

I have climbed the hill called Schweiberg on my bicycle, many times and you have a great view over the meadows and forest mentioned in the text. It is very green beautiful and very peaceful area and you can hardly imagine that it hasn't always been like this. When I came home I decided to some research and try to find out what the plane looked like. Googling on the name an rank gave the aircraft number and the aircraft number gave the details of the mission. In the combat history of 404 Fighter group the mission is described as follows: "Ground haze up to 400 feet spoiled an otherwise weather-perfect day Tuesday, December 26, but Col. Moon, after a test hop, decided the planes could fly through the haze easily. Captain Ollie O. Simpson's 15-plane 506th formation knocked out a gun position and six trucks and damaged an armoured vehicle in the Dreiborn area east of Monschau, and Captain Ray's 507th squadron of 16 worked with the 78th Infantry Division west of Schmidt, dumping their bombs on a reported concentration of enemy tanks which were marked by 78th guns with red smoke shells. The 506th lost First Lieutenant Robert G. Fenstermacher and First Lieutenant Clinton Winters when their planes were hit by flak."

The aircraft was also easy to trace as the aircraft had been the personal mount of the commander of 506th FS, 404th FG, Harold G (Hal) Shook. However after flying 105 combat missions, he was rotated home during the first week of October 1944. Obviously the aircraft was given to another pilot and was flown on the 26th of December by Lieutenant Clinton Winters. When the unit was still active in France earlier in 1944 there were several pictures made from both sides. But what the aircraft exactly looked like on the 26 of December is not known. There is a picture showing Clinton Winters in front of a P-47, however it is not clear whether he is in front the the aircraft he flew and the picture doesn't show much details.

The area is under the main routes the bomber took on their way to the Ruhr area and as the war more or less came to a temporarily halt here during the autumn of 1944, Clinton Winters is not the only one who lost his life in this region.

The repaint is based on John "Bomber_12th" Terrell's incredible paintkit.

no blurries down here :-)

Started reading Rowland White's Harrier 809, figured id see how the Falklands look in FS9. Great coast-mesh-lc package by Jim Keir and the UKMil Sea Harrier over San Carlos

Ha ha Ian,
    That's an excellent screenie, so atmospheric, reminds me of that fisheye pic of the GR3 that was on the cover of lots of things. The intake induction mist looks very real, is that a white interior or a simulated mist?

I'm off to get those mesh/scenery/ac packs!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Ha ha Ian,
    That's an excellent screenie, so atmospheric, reminds me of that fisheye pic of the GR3 that was on the cover of lots of things. The intake induction mist looks very real, is that a white interior or a simulated mist?

I'm off to get those mesh/scenery/ac packs!

Cheers

Shessi
    It's painted white, the first batch of sea harriers had intakes painted white inside,
    If I can find them I have a couple of photos from one of the forward bases on Falklands

Ttfn

Pete

couple of recent hops

Attachment 83715

Frank Elton's Fairey Flycatcher

Attachment 83714

Rick Piper Slingsby T21 Sedbergh aka the Barge

ttfn

Pete

The music tells it all

D.II by Gary Aumaugher from AeroCrate (with my own textures, never released)

D.III by Chris Lampard

The brand new OEF D.III by Captain Kurt (CFS2 model)

D.III by Stuart Green, textures by RobH

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi huub, did someone say Albatross

https://youtu.be/wrqW_BZu5Xk

Ttfn

Pete

Icon23

Wot flavour music is that?.........

S

Ive never really been into WW1 era, but there's something very pleasing about the Albatross design

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Hi huub, did someone say Albatross

https://youtu.be/wrqW_BZu5Xk

Ttfn

Pete
    Now Stop that! You are not even a proper woman!

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Ive never really been into WW1 era, but there's something very pleasing about the Albatross design
    The Germans had some beautiful cigar shaped aircraft. Difficult to manufacture and difficult to maintain.

The Pfalz was one of them as well. (And a good reason to show another great model by Stuart Green). The wooden fuselage structure did easily rot under the fabric covering it, causing all sorts of structural problems.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ah the Pfalz, I remember this well from one of my favourite WWI films "The Blue Max" staring, amongst others, George Peppard. I recall his character Bruno Stachel being distinctly unhappy that he was allocated a Pfalz on joining his squadron. What a movie, must watch it again soon.

Taff.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Ah the Pfalz, I remember this well from one of my favourite WWI films "The Blue Max" staring, amongst others, George Peppard. I recall his character Bruno Stachel being distinctly unhappy that he was allocated a Pfalz on joining his squadron. What a movie, must watch it again soon.

Taff.
    Indeed a great movie. The aircraft (many Tiger Moths) might not look as good as the computer generated aircraft in Red Baron, but the whole movie is at least twice as good at every other point.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thankfully I have the movie on Google Films.

Stachel on the mission where he forces a British observer aircraft back to his airfield and shoots it down (thinking the rear gunner has recovered and is about to open fire) before it can land.

It's still a great movie with a wonderful soundtrack.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

So I can put these is the hanger for another 3 years!

Cheers,
    Huub

Couple of good plane's there Huub. There was talk of bringing back aerobatics to the Olimpic's, weather its a serious discussion, who know's, but interesting to see what develope's

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Couple of good plane's there Huub. There was talk of bringing back aerobatics to the Olimpic's, weather its a serious discussion, who know's, but interesting to see what develope's
    Well they are replacing Karate with Breakdancing ( really) at Paris , so anything is possible

Ttfn

Pete

To be fair, im not really an Olympic fan, not really interested in running in circle's and throwing stick's and rocks, but i saw that young girl winning a gold for skateboarding, and she was pretty bloody impressive, so im open to new ideas

A bit of love for the Supermarine Swift, unloved and unsuccessful in RAF service, but happy to have her in my sim

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Found this old Texan 2 mouldering in my paint hanger so took it up for a flight, I started on this paint in 2017, got distracted by a shiny thing or three and forgot all about it.

It is the old Iris model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails at6_wip.jpg