FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 119
Page 119 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1969109111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3867

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Hi 2,
    Great re-paints and very nice screen shots, atmospheric and all set in their classic environment..

Cheers

Shessi

ps. 2021ft ??

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi 2,

ps. 2021ft ??
    Guessing local airfield elevation where he's from?

see here https://metar-taf.com/airport/MSSS

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 2021ft View Post
    Good day,

Some repaint I did years ago

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	106.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	84329

Name:	127.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	84330

Name:	157.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	84331

Name:	191.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	84332

Name:	257.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	84333

Name:	307.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	84334
    What plane is number 4? I’ve never seen an RG model Cessna like that in FS9 though it would be fun to acquire.

Going by the blue tinted glass, my guess would be Carenado. FS2004 stuff isn't on their site anymore, so no ideas how you could get them anymore.

Here is a link to the Carenado C-182RG
    https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenad...-ii-rg-fs2004/

Here is a link to Carenado’s C-210
    https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenad...ion-ii-fs2004/

Carenado does not have a direct link to their FS9 stuff, but it is still there.

PC Aviator still has a lot of FS2004 models available at their site: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/manu...ufacturerid=39

Cheers,
    Huub

Wow, you're really good observers!. Yes, 2021ft is the elevation of my local airport.

I like to use flight sim to evoke aviation history. Most of the repaints I have done are of aircraft that flew many years ago.

Picture number 4 was in real life a Cessna 210D with two blade propeller, really nice plane. The 210D's look like Cessna 206s but with a chin bump on cowling and retractable gear.

There's an interesting story about this plane back in 1982.

This plane was owned by an early TACA Airlines chairman. One day a young pilot was hired to flew the plane to a private airstrip owned by the chairman. Inside the plane there was a heavy load of some replacement parts for a John Deere tractor
    plus two other men. At some point upon landing, the landing gear got stuck and remained hanging halfway, it did not move anymore. So they started making circles for 3 hours to burn fuel. The company administrators were worried because on the plane they were carrying a suitcase filled with 50k dollars to pay all the workers montly salary, so they sent two people to a nearby park to wait for the plane do a low pass and drop the suitcase with the money.

After, they finally did a belly landing on a dirt strip next to the base airport runway. Luckily the landing gear did not get stuck into the ground as it could make the plane to flip over bringing the heavy tractor gearbox over their heads. It was the first emergency that young pilot had, years after, in 1988 he would land that 737 next to the river in Lousiana.

Sim plane, unfortunately is a photoshop version of Carenado C-206. I would like to work a project to make an old C-210D... someday.

can see diddly squat from here skip!

Attachment 84354

if you know, you know..

PR Mossie is by Chris Lampard (flightsim.com) needs a sound set and panel thats' all, ( no vc if that's your thing)

ttfn

Pete

A very nice model indeed! Its a pity you can't combine it with the VC from the Aeroplane Heaven version.

Cheers,
    Huub

More pictures
    Last edited by Dangerousdave26; March 19th, 2024 at 15:16. Reason: compromised account

My next project

I realised that not too many people will have the FSC Wellington and it even has more mistakes than this one. And perhaps most important, which is free.

The original

And my version

Cheers,
    Huub

Interesting. it is a good model that deserves some repaints.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Found this old thing in an abandoned old paint shop hanger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sg_fokd7_uki2.jpg   sg_fokd7_pol50418.jpg   sg_fokd7_uki1.jpg  

Old? definitely (2006)! Abandoned? No!

Interesting liveries again Steve! But Stuart Green's Fokker D.Vii is by far the best Fokker D.VII available for FS9 (and the only on?)

Cheers,
    Huub

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I abandoned it about 6 years ago, bloomin lozenge pattern cammo's where making me madder than usual.

So I have restarted the paint line with some thing easier this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sg_fokd7_sov1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    PC Aviator still has a lot of FS2004 models available at their site: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/manu...ufacturerid=39

Cheers,
    Huub
    Looking on their site, I see the "old" VRS Superbug (F/A-18E) is still available for FS2004.

While its slightly pricey for FS9 payware, us beggars can't be choosers like we used to.

Has anyone installed this on a modern (Win 10) OS and does it work?
    Meaning, if I'm running Win 10 (64 bit) and have FS9.1 installed directly to my C drive, is this just a heartache waiting to happen?
    Likewise, it looks like a configuration program also gets installed for the load-outs and some of the flight options. How much of a hassle is it?

They mention it taking a while to load up, is this a first time/install load up or every time you start the sim?

Lastly, is it a CPU cycle hog and can you just jump in a light the fires?
    I have the Bear Studios SU-30 and its a great add-on, the problem is that I don't fly it a lot. I still haven't finished reading all of the manual.

I guess my worry comes from the write-up on the site. I'm pretty sure VRS concentrated more on the FSX/Acceleration version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Looking on their site, I see the "old" VRS Superbug (F/A-18E) is still available for FS2004.

While its slightly pricey for FS9 payware, us beggars can't be choosers like we used to.

Has anyone installed this on a modern (Win 10) OS and does it work?
    Meaning, if I'm running Win 10 (64 bit) and have FS9.1 installed directly to my C drive, is this just a heartache waiting to happen?
    Likewise, it looks like a configuration program also gets installed for the load-outs and some of the flight options. How much of a hassle is it?

They mention it taking a while to load up, is this a first time/install load up or every time you start the sim?

Lastly, is it a CPU cycle hog and can you just jump in a light the fires?
    I have the Bear Studios SU-30 and its a great add-on, the problem is that I don't fly it a lot. I still haven't finished reading all of the manual.

I guess my worry comes from the write-up on the site. I'm pretty sure VRS concentrated more on the FSX/Acceleration version.

So, the short answer is NO, DON'T BUY IT.
    The problem is that the download needs to be registered with VRS to unlock all the goodies (virt. cockpit, effects, etc.) but VRS no longer supports the FS9 version of the Bug.
    So, you can't register the software because the online address is dead which means that you're stuck with what could best be described as a DEMO MODE.
    Still, its a nice sound set (which will be pillaged for other aircraft) and the external 3D model looks good.
    I'll still flog on the files later and play around with them but I had that feeling going in that this was going to be one of those experiences with over-protected payware that was meant for 10 years ago. Nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Update- After some goofing around to test the sound file on the good old KBT F/A-18E and F, I found some other goodies that got installed. I now have some new traffic flying around a bunch of the standard carriers (Carriers 2006, Alpha's Big E, etc.) and I want to dig into my effects folder to see what got installed there. So, I still wouldn't recommend buying the Superbug for the aircraft but I also didn't get snookered that much.
    Last edited by Sbob; October 11th, 2021 at 06:45.

few recent hops

Attachment 84651

Nigel's Avro

Attachment 84652

Fairey Flycatcher by Frank Elton

Attachment 84653

Slingsby T21 Sedbergh (aka Barge) by Rick Piper

ttfn

Pete

A good choice Pete

I had this one:

RealAir Spitfire Mk.XIV clipped wings with a repaint by Grant MacLean

Than I had this one

Plane Design Spitfire Mk.XVI. with a repaint by Hammerd

However after seeing this picture from the original

I now have this one

RealAir Spitfire Mk.XIV prototype as a F.21 look-a-like

Cheers,
    Huub

Thats one thing i really miss in 9, the Realair Spit, ive got it saved on disk for X but ive lost the installer for 9,and its not on sale anymore

Dynamic effect activation

or Accusim before the word was invented by Scotf Gentile from A2A/Shockwave.....

Nothing wrong here! Just a test whether the effects and right textures came up when I deliberately blew up my engine...........

Cheers,
    Huub

Classic Brits..

Attachment 84678

Dave Garwoods' Hunter over Malaysia

Attachment 84679

and its all Huub's fault; made me take the Boss' Spitfire out (IN RW this particular spit is owned by my company boss; and flown by another one of the directors' (whose initials are on side of it) .

ttfn

Pete

Feel free to blame me, but I personally consider it encouragement

Funny enough I have been flying more or less the same aircraft. I have enjoyed the timeless Hunter model by Dave Garwood.

However it was a different Spitfire which I flew. Also still a stunning model. It is over 15 years ago when I bought the model. It was one of the models I purchased from the now long gone Jersey based firm play.com. Its a real pity they are gone as they were quite cheap as you didn't have to pay the VAT. (I guess the central government in the UK didn't like that )

Cheers,
    Huub

''Dave Garwoods' Hunter over Malaysia''

''Funny enough I have been flying more or less the same aircraft. I have enjoyed the timeless Hunter model by Dave Garwood.''

Gents,
    Great shots, just don't fly over Shoreham please!.....

Cheers

Shessi