FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 115
Page 115 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1565105107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3870

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Here's another

Austria @ 1937

One of 7 model 626 delivered between 1935 - mid 1937. of course we don't have a 626 yet (that is still in the ether with Nigel)
    so this will have to do for now. The Austrian roundel was adopted in 1936

I was only able to track down one illustration on a modellers forum; where it was mislabelled as a Breda 28

Attachment 82466

Should keep Huub happy

ttfn

Pete

Any Guy Martin fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Yes, most definitely Let's hope he gets to fly the Hurricane.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

I've been to his pub, does that count?

Ttfn

Pete

I didn't know he had one, i guess it does

I didn't know he had one, i guess it does
    Marrowbone and Cleaver in Kirmington;
    a short hop from Humberside Airport,
    Run jointly with his sister Sally

https://www.marrowboneandcleaver.com/about/

Ttfn

Pete

Most likely we all have a to do list, with things we have to make, to install or in my case to paint. The Aeroplane Heaven early Spitfire Mk.I is on of them. It comes from the early Spitfire set, which is volume 1 of 3. And the 3 sets cover the history of one of the most iconic fighters of WWII. The set is 16 years old and shows his age. Better looking models have arrived like the A2A Spitfire Mk.Ia, the RealAir Spitfire Mk.XIV and the Plane Design Spitfire Mk.XVI, and there are even a few freeware models which have at least similar quality.

But the early Spitfire M.I is still the best two bladed Mk.I for FS9 around. The model is pretty decent, however I didn't really like the original textures (Sorry Bazz). And now after some frustrating evenings with a Gloster Gaunlet I decided it was finally time to do this repaint. Aeroplane Heaven models from this period are not always very friendly for the repainters, and this Spitfire is no exception to this rule. So I already ran in some problems which can't really be solved. But so far I'm pleased with the result. Still a long way to go.

Cheers,
    Huub

The original

My (WIP) version

The original

My (WIP) version

And my version will have the correct aluminium dope lower surface with registration numbers.

Really nice work there Huub, both on the tex and the sheen. Roundels are superb.

I like the before and after pics, shows what can be done with an old model....there's life in the old dog yet as they say...(not you Huub! lol).

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Really nice work there Huub, both on the tex and the sheen. Roundels are superb.

I like the before and after pics, shows what can be done with an old model....there's life in the old dog yet as they say...(not you Huub! lol).

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks for the kind words Shessi. But do I understand you correctly, that there is no life in me anymore?

Cheers,
    Huub

under new management

changed owner for this venerable He 111H (ALPHASIM)
    Yours
    Papi

Nice one Papi. Strange, but I have the feeling your glass does looks a bit less transparent than it is on my model. Are you perhaps missing the glass_t.bmp and Glazing.bmp textures?

Cheers,
    Huub

I already told you that the texture lay-out of Aeroplane Heaven models from around 2005 don't like to be repainted. It is always a challenge and I always always myself why did I start this repaint

Although the wings look quite straight forward, they really aren't. There is a scale difference among the wings and some parts are badly stretched or magnified. Some parts of textures are repeated elsewhere, which more or less forced me to remove the registration numbers from the bottom wings. Even without the numbers I can't get it really as I would like, but I leaving the numbers on the model would create a constant annoyance for me.

I also tried to make the pilot look a bit more realistic. The pilot is textured by 3 different textures, which all contain the complete pilot.......

Cheers,
    Huub

It reads K9797......

Heinkel He 111H under new management

Hallo Huub,
    as you might see I have both textures you mentioned,
    The first screeny was done with real weather conditions
    and weather was not very sunny LOL
    I wonder if there is interests to publish this variant of the venerable ALPHASIM He 111H
    Yours
    Papi

Hi Huub,
    Yes the whole model is poorly put together model and tex (for a commericial product!), but a nice looking Spit all the same, and as said your re-tex/re-sheen makes it work so much better, thanks.

And Papi, yes very nice tex, subtle weathering, and yes always upload, thanks. I would love to put together the mass ac exhibition at RAE Farnborough in the autumn of 1945, which your He111 tex reminds me of (although there wasn't an He111 there, and this particular one crashed in 1943!)

See these nice pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/austin...7625888746434/

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAE Farnborough 1945.png  

Members +
    Papi, YES PLEASE.... that texture of the He111 is great
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Heinkel He 111 RAF textures

Allright friends,

I will make a pack to publish these textures of the captured He 111,
    Huub thank you for this interesting article from 1945
    This would give a nice scenery - but off course no one will never do it
    The only one to make still fs2004 sceneries has turned away from WWII area
    So a lot of wishes will be go down the toilet
    Yours
    Papi

The only one to make still fs2004 sceneries has turned away from WWII area
    So a lot of wishes will be go down the toilet
    Maybe now's an ideal time to learn some new skills

Maybe now's an ideal time to learn some new skills

Hi Ian,

"Maybe now's an ideal time to learn some new skill"
    LOL, I am 65 now, and next year I will than be retired and back in my home in brittany.
    So why not? But know a simple question: how long did it take to make sceneries as you do them now?
    My eyes and hands not getting better, and adding learning time, good old FS2004 might be seen in some museum
    when I will be ready to make my first real scenery
    On the other hand there are still soooo many german cockpits to translate in panels.
    And I m still on learning to make individual gauges LOL
    So for all it might be better to let some of the designs, aircraft and sceneries to the experts who know to do this job
    With all respects
    Yours
    Papi

Not too long ago I did an attempt to master the art of scenery building. I had some nice advise from Cees Donker and was amazed to see the amount of great, easy to use and free tools which are available.Especially when you limit yourself to use the buildings and objects which are made available in various libraries you can have nice results, without too much effort.

Lack of time made me abandon my plans, but I see a real new hobby for you Papi! Especially when you are retiring!

FS2004 already became obsolete in 2006 when FSX was released, however 15 years after its successor came on the market, FS2004 is still pretty much alive. So I don't know how old you plan to get, but in another 15 years you will be just 80 so there is still plenty of time to learn a few new skills.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hi Ian,

"Maybe now's an ideal time to learn some new skill"
    LOL, I am 65 now, and next year I will than be retired and back in my home in brittany.
    So why not? But know a simple question: how long did it take to make sceneries as you do them now?
    My eyes and hands not getting better, and adding learning time, good old FS2004 might be seen in some museum
    when I will be ready to make my first real scenery
    On the other hand there are still soooo many german cockpits to translate in panels.
    And I m still on learning to make individual gauges LOL
    So for all it might be better to let some of the designs, aircraft and sceneries to the experts who know to do this job
    With all respects
    Yours
    Papi
    Not sure what age has to do with anything, im only 7 years younger than you, and you do seem very talented going by what ive seen of your work, including your latest He111 repaint and panel work, You know your way around design programs and SDK 's and you have an eye for detail and design, so im thinking you'll probably be fine, Ive always consider'd scenery making to be the easiest of the Sim design arts, im hopeless at repainting and have no clue about Panels and Gauge's
    Bear in mind also that i started making my own scenery as know one was making the airfields i wanted to fly from, so that is something you may also want to consider also.
    As for the time it take's, give me a good map, and i'll have a usable airfield in an hour or so, if custom objects are needed, i can fire up FSDS and make my own, but im getting lazy in my old age, so i'll rely on library's if i can, Traffic takes more time, with WW2 airfields, i try to get by with statics, but post war, i'll make an effort and introduce some movement ( Im knocking up retro parking and traffic for Homestead AFB, Florida, to fly my retro jets and David's new RB47's from, but i always mess it up and get something wrong, traffic can be a bit tricky for me). Most scenery programs are freeware, but i will strongly recommend a payware program like EZ-Scenery for 9, or Instant scenery for X for placing object's, both a fairly inexpensive and make life sooooo much easier.
    I dont want to sound to harsh, but im not really responsible for you dream's, ultimately, you decide weather your dream goes down the toilet or not. There will be more WW2 stuff in the future, but im just having some fun at the moment
    Last edited by ian elliot; April 30th, 2021 at 10:09.

Just to keep you hungry Some work in progress screenshots

Nearly there!
    Huub

19 Squadron used the squadron code WZ between October 1938 and September 1939.

Spitfire K9811 was converted into a Mk.Ia and stayed in service with 19 Squadron RAF until 24.01.1940 when Sgt P.S. Gunning belly-landed it near Clare, Suffolk, after he got lost and ran out of fuel. The pilot was unhurt, but the aircraft was damaged beyond repair.

And believe me it took quite some effort to get the registration codes on the aircraft.....

And believe me

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    19 Squadron used the squadron code WZ between October 1938 and September 1939.

Spitfire K9811 was converted into a Mk.Ia and stayed in service with 19 Squadron RAF until 24.01.1940 when Sgt P.S. Gunning belly-landed it near Clare, Suffolk, after he got lost and ran out of fuel. The pilot was unhurt, but the aircraft was damaged beyond repair.

Hi Huub, quick question / observation , is the third letter of the code WZ - S ,so the S in this instance correct for the time period I seem to recall during my Avro researches, that third code letter, identifying a particular tail was not a thing until after battle of France

Ttfn

Pete

Whats the scenery in the background Huub?, you know me, more interested in the airfield than the aircraft

@ Pete: Some pictures from 19 squadron taken between October 1938 and September 1939, which show the 3 letter codes were in some cases introduced before September 1939

The first picture comes from Alfred Price's Spitfire story and shows the subject from this repaint. As you can see at the colour of the wheel covers and cowling the aircraft did not yet have its black&White under surfaces. The version is included in the plastic model kit from Eduard. I've done the repaint after the instruction found in this model kit. To tone down the markings the yellow as removed and the original roundel was replaced with the blue/red type B roundel. This was done after the Munich crisis.

A classic propaganda picture of 19 squadron lined up. As you can see except for the CO they all have a 3 letter code. Note that the aircraft numbers have all carefully been removed. Some aircraft still have the flat canopy and some already have the Malcolm hood.

Most likely from the same series as the previous picture 19 squadron in flight. I couldn't find a better quality version of this picture on the web, but most aircraft have their canopy open. I have the same picture in a better quality somewhere in book, and it the text said that most pilot preferred to leave the cockpit open as there simply wasn't enough room to move your head in the flat cockpit.

The WZ-T was written off after an unfortunate landing on 10 January 1939: https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/87251

19 Squadron wasn't the only squadron which already used a 3 letter registration long before the battle of France. 54 squadron used the letters DL, before they switched to KL in September 1939. Sgt Reginald Thomas Llewellyn damaged the Spitfire K9843 with the code DL-N during a landing on 4 February 1939. (this aircraft will be the subject of my next repaint).

@ Ian: By now you should know that I fiddle too much with my installs to remember what scenery has been done by who. The airfield is Biggin Hill and I think the scenery is done by Gary "Gary20" Burns. But as I replaced the original GW3 textures the runway an tracks are concrete now. Normally I do pre-war screenshots at your version of Martelsham with the nice white hangars.

Cheers,
    Huub