Capital Air Show

Thread: Capital Air Show

Capital Air Show

Here are some shots from today's Capital Air Show at Mather AFB (defunct), Sacramento. I thought you guys might appreciate some pictures of old planes. Unfortunately my camera's battery died right before the Blue Angels showed up, so I didn't get any shots of the four P-51's flying in formation or any of the jet action. Enjoy.

Intel P7H55-M PRO / PNY XLR8 560 GTX 1GB / 4 X 2GB DDR3 @ 1066mhz / Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 Ghz
    WD Black 640 GB / WD Black 1TB / Ultra 600 Watt PSU
    Ultra Case / 52x CD RD/RW + 24x DL DVD RD/RW

Wow! A great collection of photos here, thanks so much for posting these ! Mike

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Really good photo's...
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Thanks guys. The F86 did a very low, high-speed (must have been near top speed) pass. It was really amazing to see and to hear, even though I wasn't on the flight line when it happened. I had been waiting for something like that to happen, and it was a real kick to finally see it. I don't think I'd ever seen something move that fast before.

The Steerman was actually the loudest plane there. That huge prop going supersonic made it much louder than any of the jets that flew that day.

I have pictures of the Red Bull planes I can upload later. The Goodyear pilot was actually better than the Red Bull one was. They do really crazy things in those Edge 540's. The laws of aerodynamics don't apply to them.
    Intel P7H55-M PRO / PNY XLR8 560 GTX 1GB / 4 X 2GB DDR3 @ 1066mhz / Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 Ghz

thanks for sharing,i wanted to go so bad myself..but typical of my father,hes not interrested in airshows this year so ive missed all of them,yesterday he "hurt to much" to go...then he worked in the yard ALL DAY...oh well.

thats what happens when ya father is a narcissist,and you have to rely on him to shuttle you around.

one cool thing though,,the C54,DC4..whatever it is..flew over my house around 6:30 am saturday,i got outside just in time to see it pass over.

also the sanders brothers T-20 seafury was covered in this past months air classics..kind cool to have it there.

The Sea Fury made a few passes with the P51's. They were very gentle with those planes - they did very little acrobatics. One of the P51's at the end did some upside down flight and a couple of loops, but for the most part they just did some low passes over the flight line. The Sea Fury was neat, but again, my battery died before it flew. My dad and I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it was either a late-model Spitfire or a Hurricane, my dad knew it wasn't a Spitfire.

Look at the smoke in regards to the direction the plane is facing. This was one of their signature moves. They would literally tumble the plane end-over end. The Goodyear pilot took it even farther and literally cartwheeled his airplane.

This was cool. They had guys jump in wingsuits, then the plane flew circles around them as they fell.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. :salute:
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Awesome shots Awesome!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD