finally arrived!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finally arrived!

finally arrived!

well.... now i have a PC that's FSX capable i've been spending more and more time in it and enjoying the sim... to Celebrate i just finished my Paintkit for the FCS Lancaster, seen here in a Polished metal, took her pretty much back to blank, and redrew it all, including the bump maps, kinda pleased with the result...

WOW!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That looks fantastic Matt, looks a lot sharper too.:salute::salute::salute:

Beautiful work Matt
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Cheers guys, i'll try and get a few paints done by tonight, currently taking that High-Shine version, toning it down a bit and adding in some tonal differences, get some Bare Metal going on (and not as polished) then i can start on the B.Is...

Blog Entries

I am more than speechless!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Cheers guys, i'll try and get a few paints done by tonight, currently taking that High-Shine version, toning it down a bit and adding in some tonal differences, get some Bare Metal going on (and not as polished) then i can start on the B.Is...
    Fantastic work Matt! Can't wait to see it in colors... BTW is this a payware model?

thanks :salute: and Yeah it is pal, by FCS (First Class Simulations).... it's a nice enough model, a few little niggles, but nice enough for touring round

Congrats on getting a rig that can run FSX properly. My guess is that you'll be getting a lot of enjoyment out of a different texture environment.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Man, that is ALOT of Rivets!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice...!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

One of my favorite bombers... excellent work Matt! :salute:

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Wow Matt! How many tubes of Simichrome did it take?

Excellent! Thanks Matt
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Wow Matt! How many tubes of Simichrome did it take?
    i don't know but my paint shed is strewn with the empties

cheers guys, just working a more subdued shine finish now...

Matt, thank you SOOOOO much. I love this addon, and have always been sadended there's so few repaints around. I am really looking forward to some great stuff. ESPECIALLY that bare shine;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

the PC i have now is making thigs so much easier, glad i finally have the ability to run FSX... specs on my rig are ASUS Z77 Sabertooth with Thermal Armour, Corsair H80 Cooling, 32Gb RAM, Soudblaster Recon 3D, 2x GeForce GTX 660 2Gb in SLi, I7 3770k and the HX1050 PSU... quite a rig, runs the sim nicely

still... back to messing with Lanc B.Is... now... where's my compressor for the airbrush gone...

first Lanc is shaping up, textures should work on the B.III onwards but seen here on the B.I... a handful of virtual Beer Tokens who can tell me the story behind this scheme :salute:

ok, now this'll give the game away... just got to figure what the underside wing roundels were...

Your new texture work for this model looks superb, Matt (talk about a huge canvas to cover)! That white and black scheme comes from the 'Tiger Force' squadrons, as I recall.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Your new texture work for this model looks superb, Matt (talk about a huge canvas to cover)! That white and black scheme comes from the 'Tiger Force' squadrons, as I recall.
    thanks pal! yup that's right, had the war dragged on just a few weeks longer Lancasters in this white and black scheme would have flown to the Pacific and taken part, as they were they 'lived' in Italy during 1946 (they kept the scheme even after the 'Tiger Force' had been disbanded), most were later variant Lancasters but i thought it'd be nice to see it on the 'Classic', the B.I, though if i recall it should work on other B. variant Lancasters in the FCS Pack, though that reminds me, need to sling some paint onto the H2S Blister as well as the underside roundels

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    a handful of virtual Beer Tokens who can tell me the story behind this scheme :salute:
    Didn't they fly a couple of those over to the US?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

not sure where they ended up... seems the 'Tiger Force' was little known about and finding where particular Lancs went is a bit of a puzzle... still... think i'll finish this and then sling some camo onto the ole' girl...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I remember a story about those black & white Lancs from an issue of Aeroplane some time ago, might have to try and find it tomorrow.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

if you do find it Ferry i'd like to read that... sounds an interesting article...

ok... now to the main course... the 'B-Type' RAF Camouflage... still work in progress, the 'A-Type' Camouflage was just a horizontal mirror across the top planform... still.... we'll get there

Shame about the way-too-small nose turret in the FCS Lancaster, amongst other things. Plane Design's FS9 Lancaster is a far more accurate exterior model, and functions very well in FSX.