finally arrived! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: finally arrived!

that it might be but it's about the best FSX Native model there is for the Lancaster (having self-shadowing, 'Bump' Map, Specular map etc...), i still use the PD one in FS9 though... anyways, here's an update... still a fair whack to do including removing the Alpha Channels, Adjusting spec map etc... but the B-Type Camouflage is shaping up...

ok... first camo bird is done, might feather the camouflage edges slightly but not quite decided yet... anyways here we have W4118 ZN-Y, called 'Admiral Prune' of 106Sqn based at RAF Syerston, this particular Lancaster was flown by Guy Gibson in '42/ early '43

Wow. Very nice.

Wait. I think I smell smoke. :mixedsmi: Nah. That's just Matt with his new computer.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Wow. Very nice.

Wait. I think I smell smoke. :mixedsmi: Nah. That's just Matt with his new computer.
    nope it's probably smoke... i'm like an industrial Chimney at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    nope it's probably smoke... i'm like an industrial Chimney at the moment...
    Now I'm going to be checking the download section every 5 minutes instead of every 5 hours...
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

yeah i'm just tweaking a few little bits now, getting Thumbnail images, writing the usual bumf... then i can do a few other Lanc B.I's...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Didn't they fly a couple of those over to the US?
    I don't know which squadron it was or the particulars behind the tour, but yes, there were three or four RAF Lancs dispatched from the UK for a postwar tour of the US and Canada wearing black and white schemes. There was a kid I chummed around with in high school who was the son of one of the maintenance crew members who went on the tour and decided to settle in Canada when he left the service. I remember seeing his scrapbook with newspaper articles and photos about the tour as well as a squadron patch that he'd kept.

N.

ok just uploading the initial 3 to Flightsim.com as well as here... :salute:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Found the article in the July 2006 issue (No memory problems yet it seems!) . The No. 35 Squadron flew to the USA from July 8th till August 29th 1946, with 16 Lancasters still painted in the 'Tiger force' colours. (And one York for technical support.)
    The official name was 'Operation Lancaster' but is was also known as 'Operation Goodwill'. They flew from Britain to the Azores on towards Gander and then started a tour that led them from New York to Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Long Beach, San Antonio, Washington and back to New York.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

thanks for the info Ferry! just working on another couple... have uploaded pack 1 to Flightsim.com so they should be up in next day or two, upload here had to be shelved while i figure a way to meet the filesize limits... might have to split it down from a 'Triple pack' to singular paints...

latest out my paint shed, basking in the wonderful Greek sunshine... LE-P (LL966) of 630Sqn at RAF East Kirby in Summer 1944

Looks awesome Matt Really gorgeous job!

Thanks FK, just took the newest girl out for a spin... A2ussie of 460 (RAAF) Squadron from RAF Binbrook in Summer 1944, meets a Tiger Force Lanc... an impromptu Formation 'photocall' was immediately put into action..

...just some nice formation flying... nothing happens quickly in a Lanc, with certain notable exceptions...

just as a H/U first 3 are available on Flightsim.com now :salute: filename:fcslancbi_trip.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    just as a H/U first 3 are available on Flightsim.com now :salute: filename:fcslancbi_trip.zip
    You're my super star of the month Matt. Maybe even of the quarter;-)

Any idea if or when that gorgeous polished metal might hit the shelves?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

thanks Dougal.... the really shiny one is in with that 3 pack... i'm just working on #3 of the second 3-pack now, LE-P of 630Sqn, AR-A of 460(RAAF) Sqn and the third... well, thats being kept a secret till i get more done

Oh cool, downloading now. Again, many thanks matt!!! (and all other repainters too)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

no problem, still debating what to do as the 3rd B.I for 2nd Triple pack, 6th B.I total...

Awesome repaints Matt! DLing them now!!! :salute:

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

cheers guys, i've just decided on #6..... now i can think about the second pack of 3...

Excellent work :salute:

I'd love to see a Thumper Mk.III paint (the latest BBMF livery, with 'City of Lincoln' still on the starboard side). I have some decent top-shots for reference if you want

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCustard View Post
    Excellent work :salute:

I'd love to see a Thumper Mk.III paint (the latest BBMF livery, with 'City of Lincoln' still on the starboard side). I have some decent top-shots for reference if you want
    well next one will be a break from the norm for a BBMF paint to really work we'd need a Lancaster with Lincoln rudders but can always do Just Jane and a BBMF one next i guess

Nice, looking forward to it

i can now unveil the new girl, which finishes off the second triple-pack.... ok this one was a B.X variant but we work with what we have so represented here on a B.I with H2S

KB772, 'R' for 'Ropey', 419 (RCAF)Sqn, RAF Middleton St. George, 1945

EDIT @ 0018GMT: Pack is now uploading to Flightsim.com

well.... one last shot for tonight, the new Work In Progress (code for "I'm on my chinstraps here, having a break for an hour or two")

Attachment 89575