Fairchild 24 Series is away! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fairchild 24 Series is away!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    btw, can you get rid of those wheelcovers?
    I think it's the far right switch on the bottom of the instrument panel marked "Misc"...

and click on the passenger side wing strut in the float plane to see the canoe strapped to the float struts
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    (wipes away the tears talking to self; 'no one ever reads them. I write these cool manuals, make them look like they are from the factory, do all these screenshots, even have a neat sound effect for paper as you flip through it, and they still wont read them... why why why....' )

snif... snif snif...

Yep, far right switch. Blipper switch. Flip up, flips off the covers. Flip again, they reappear from a close by dimension/local in space time.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    If you guys ever want one of the paint schemes that is in the pack to paint with, just let me know and I'll upload it. Sometimes one paint pack will have something like a layer of gold trim or other version of chips that can be imported into another version paint scheme. I do that often. What I do is make small paint marks on the corners (at least three corners) of the layer I want to export to another PSD file, select the entire area of the layer, then in the next PSD file, select the location and then Control-V and paste it in. It auto-locates on dead center because you have marked the corners.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    (wipes away the tears talking to self; 'no one ever reads them. I write these cool manuals, make them look like they are from the factory, do all these screenshots, even have a neat sound effect for paper as you flip through it, and they still wont read them... why why why....' )
    Oh dear, I didn't want to upset you, it's just that this model was screaming for some paints (well, to me anyway) that I started right away...I have yet to make a landing I believe...but I learn, look, no covers:

and no more on the others either:

I noticed one more strange thing: if I go to right- or left wing view, all my clouds disappear. Is that just me, or does it happens with others too? Only with those two views, the rest is fine.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

ah, and I forgot to mention I uploaded them all on Ozx, I hope you'll enjoy them?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Jankees,

I want to check them out. Brilliant work man.

Bill

Thanks Jankees... Very nice indeed :salute:

Attachment 89402Attachment 89403Attachment 89401

A request for the Ranger Please Sir... can you add a big yellow nose with the 34 on this version
    it may be a what if but I believe she would look very nice

Attachment 89404

Again a big Thank you to for the paints and painters interested in this bit of History
    by the way this aircraft was listed in "The Worlds Greatest Aircraft" by Christopher Chant

LH has given some great paint options with the interiors and exteriors mix and match to your liking

mixing with both the Ranger and Warner types

Attachment 89428Attachment 89427 Just a few in the Keys

Plus I just like this paint... art deco

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    This one will be uploaded as soon as I finish this post. VH-CMB has had an interesting history. I have another paint scheme of her in the pipeline as well.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Pat! Looking great man.

Pat looking forward to that one...
    I did a little interior mod to jankees wonderful G-AKJA Attachment 89474Attachment 89471Attachment 89473Attachment 89472

With LH supplied Polished Stainless

Thanks Guys

Just a few more guys! Man, I really love this model! More to come.

Pete W

internet woes are preventing me from uploading anything at the moment, though I did manage to sneak in a few pics of paints underway...

One for doublecool:

One for the Dutchies:

One for the Belgians:

and one for the Swedes:

jankees, thank you for all the paints...Looking forward to them and that long nose 34 looks as good as I had hoped :salute:

I have been enjoying the float model the last few days here is a couple of AussieMan latest Navy I put on LH float model

Attachment 89655Attachment 89654

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Just a few more guys! Man, I really love this model! More to come.

Pete W
    Very Nice...

I totally missed this post

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    jankees, thank you for all the paints...Looking forward to them and that long nose 34 looks as good as I had hoped :salute:

I have been enjoying the float model the last few days here is a couple of AussieMan latest Navy I put on LH float model

Attachment 89655Attachment 89654
    Isn't it great how you can use the paint scheme from one aircraft and apply it to another. I must admit that I am a bit of a thief when it comes to panels and interiors.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Guys, I have a question. Look at this pic:

notice the black bars between the legs of the floats? Where can I find this in the textures? Does anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Guys, I have a question. Look at this pic:

notice the black bars between the legs of the floats? Where can I find this in the textures? Does anybody know?
    These seem to be mapped to the wing struts upper side. The red is outer, yellow is inner! Hope this helps.

too bad...I hate double textures...

I am once again connected to the internet, so I'll try and upload the above paints this weekend, together with these:

I'll have to redo PH-NDL though, since I found a color image of the original aircraft, and those colors are somewhat different from my interpretation. I was thinking of doing this blue paint with another (fictional) registration, any suggestions?

jankees, Love the radial cowling on this one

Very nice colors :salute:

Attachment 89758

Was wondering if the problem with the aircraft being invisible on the runway has ever been fixed. I had the problem when it first came out and got a refund from lionheart but really hope this issue is been fixed or is being worked on because I still want this aircraft.

that's a new one to me? Look, perfectly visible on the runway:

Final ones (I think)

Members who have read this thread: 3