Fairchild 24 Series is away! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fairchild 24 Series is away!

I seem to remember along time ago having issues with textures not showing up, all I would see would be seats, lights and such. Bill Womack had a solution that fixed it all. Go to your fsx.cfg file, go to the [graphics] section, and make sure you have HIGHMEMFIX=1

That solved a lot of my graphical issues in FSX.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post

WOW! Your alias should read " triplecool " !

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    I seem to remember along time ago having issues with textures not showing up, all I would see would be seats, lights and such. Bill Womack had a solution that fixed it all. Go to your fsx.cfg file, go to the [graphics] section, and make sure you have HIGHMEMFIX=1

That solved a lot of my graphical issues in FSX.

Cheers
    TJ
    HI TJ, yes I have that in FSX cfg.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Well, the only thing I can recommend now is to refund you. If you want to hang on a few days, I might have a fix, but for now, the only thing I can do is a refund. Milton is having the same issue. Plane is totally invisible and for no apparent reason.

Just to recap;
    * FSUIPC should be up to date
    * The installer 'must' be installed directly into the FS folder. IT cannot (cannot) be opened in a subfolder or 'new folder' or other drive. It 'must' be opened into the sim or this will happen.

That is one sharp system. Must be nice!
    will be glad to hang on for a while I really would rather have the airplane than a refund.
    Also do not have FSUIPC installed, it always gave me problems with FSX, ran fine with FS9 thou.
    the a/c was installed to the default FSX location, C drive Progrm Files, Microsoft Games, Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
    The 4 a/c folders show up in the Sim Objects Aircraft folder and they all seem to be complete. I don't understand why they show up in the display window but not in the sim.
    all your other a/c I have work just fine the last one being the Pacer/TriPacer.

Have been digging around... Attachment 88872Attachment 88873Attachment 88874Attachment 88875

For the expert Painter's out there... She is already a favorite

Thank you again LH and to the Painter's out there...No matter what you guys come up with they'll be great.
    Just a few idea's

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    At the moment I have a WIP of an RAAF Ranger powered Fairchild 24. The RAAF had impressed 4 F-24s during WWII. 3 Ranger powered and 1 Warner powered. The one I am working on actually carried its VH-ACW registration for the duration of its RAAF service.

As I am working from a B&W photo I am not really certain but looking at it the main scheme appears to be Foliage Green. Australia used Azure Blue for the under surfaces.

While I am retired and 'supposedly' have a lot of free time at the moment I am cleaning out the house (getting rid of a lot of that stuff 'I might need later' that has accumulated over the last 25 years) so I only have time at night to do any painting.

At this rate I hope to have this one ready for the weekend. I have also googled up several other Aussie Fairchild 24s, both Ranger and Warner powered.

And DoubleCool I have saved some of those you have put up and will attempt to get those out as well.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thank you Aussie, looking forward to it Man

I was also thinking the plane was built for nose art Attachment 88876

Is there a site for free nose art for FSX

Looks like sharks teeth would fit right on that nose don't it

May not be a Sharks Mouth but...Attachment 88879 just thinking

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Attachment 88850 still playing around and learning

Hey LH... Three Screen Setup and when ya hit V it screenshots all three screens as if they were on one

But you can manipulate to any config

Attachment 88851
    I see an HP Personal Media Drive on the left side. ;-)

Just uploaded to the library. Should appear later today.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Nicely done Pat!

You really need to clean that instrument panel. Maybe even paint it. The grime, dust and chippies are really building up. :S
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    I was kidding.....

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

No offence taken Bill. In my haste to get the repaint out to your customers I missed the interior and the panel.

Uploading a fix tonight that gives the interior and panel a more military look.

EDIT: Fix uploaded and should be available later today.

Cheers
    Pat

When the model will be at pcaviator.com store?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Beautifull....In due time...just bought the AN-2 and Staggerwing and the Stinson, so...will have to wait...what a pitty...

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    When the model will be at pcaviator.com store?
    Hey YoYo,

I just uploaded the files to Robert, so as soon as he can place them into his sales system, it will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Beautifull....In due time...just bought the AN-2 and Staggerwing and the Stinson, so...will have to wait...what a pitty...
    No worries Beaufighter. The girls will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    will be glad to hang on for a while I really would rather have the airplane than a refund.
    Also do not have FSUIPC installed, it always gave me problems with FSX, ran fine with FS9 thou.
    the a/c was installed to the default FSX location, C drive Progrm Files, Microsoft Games, Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
    The 4 a/c folders show up in the Sim Objects Aircraft folder and they all seem to be complete. I don't understand why they show up in the display window but not in the sim.
    all your other a/c I have work just fine the last one being the Pacer/TriPacer.
    I'm afraid I have exactly the same problem. None of my other planes have had this, and I have a large range of planes - payware, freeware, simple and complex. I hope a fix can be found because the screenshots do look very nice.
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks to Pat "Aussie man" for the Aus paint and Peter Watkins for the RAF Egypt paint. I like Pat's mil cockpit so much I applied it to Peter's paint.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Ah yes got on line and was able to do a little toolin... in a couple of new paints ... very nice and Thank You

Attachment 89081Attachment 89082

Fun Aircraft

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I'm afraid I have exactly the same problem. None of my other planes have had this, and I have a large range of planes - payware, freeware, simple and complex. I hope a fix can be found because the screenshots do look very nice.
    Dave
    TheFrog,

Curious. Do you have FSUIPC installed?

I haven't heard back from my man in England yet on RedDogs issue, by the way. Hopefully by Monday morning.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks to Pat "Aussie man" for the Aus paint and Peter Watkins for the RAF Egypt paint. I like Pat's mil cockpit so much I applied it to Peter's paint.

AWESOME repaints! DANG!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    TheFrog,

Curious. Do you have FSUIPC installed?

I haven't heard back from my man in England yet on RedDogs issue, by the way. Hopefully by Monday morning.

Bill
    Hi Bill
    Yes I've got FSUIPC, Acceleration etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a solution.
    Many thanks
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Hi Bill, just to let u know I have FSUIPC installed but not Acceleration, just SP1 and SP2. Don't know if that makes a difference I thought I read on your site that just SP1 and SP2 was needed.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Hi Bill, just to let u know I have FSUIPC installed but not Acceleration, just SP1 and SP2. Don't know if that makes a difference I thought I read on your site that just SP1 and SP2 was needed.
    Hey RedDog,

Yes you need the SP1 and SP2 updates and negative on Accelleration. Don't need that. Still waiting for word from England. :S

finally made the trip and hooked the big rig into the world long enough to d/l and install the Fairchild...

she is very nice - well worth the drive and bother...

the only thing I would change and I hesitate to say it - but - the handhold straps in the cockpit do not need to move...I appreciate the detail - but I can imagine them being stiff enough or tight enough
    to their fittings that they would not swing about much..
    its a nice detail if it were more fluid movement - but in this state with their somewhat stilted animation (due to my rigs lack of strength ) all they do is remind me or inform me that my FPS are slower than I would like.
    And to be honest - I am getting great frame rates - but the strap movement makes it appear otherwise...and they cannot be ignored since they are in constant motion (the way I fly - sorry) and in my lines of sight

I hope these comments do not offend - not my intention
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube