The Shagbat RELEASED! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Shagbat RELEASED!

i'll take a look, i've got a few on my books for the weekend anyways including finishing off my Search and Hinder scheme (SAR Yellow like RAF Sea Kings, but with twin Vickers' to convince them aquatic eejits that they really don't need help )

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Sooo, is anybody by accident painting Aéronavale and Aussie models? Im trying to bastardize French paint over Firekitten's Irish one (very nice paint by the way), but im afraid result is similar to my miserable attempts to make Revell's Walrus
    I'll do you a frog and an aussie one when I get a chance Just finishing the Steam(punk) Pigeon and a FAA one for something I have planned

The Steam Pigeon lives! Uploaded to the file library

Now... to do a french one

Soo.... Kikas requested a Frenchie Walrus... here she is (uploading atm to SOH)

Going to do Aussie next methinks, then a FAA Atlantic one

Thanks Firekitten, cannot wait until evening when I will be able to try it
    :salute:

great work FK, glad that shading layer i sent you is working out :salute:

you and your burnt toast... I mean textures :P

nothing wrong with burnt toast and tea from the urn on the back of an Armoured vehicle, however luke warm it is

As long as its not Norgie cofftea...

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    As long as its not Norgie cofftea...
    ahh... delicious!

back on track... 'Search and Hinder' i'm just about ready to scale back down to FS9 resolution textures (it does actually say 'Search and Rescue' though rescue with Vickers guns is somewhat difficult to do , "Here let me fire this at you, it'll stop all that pain you're feeling from where the mast landed on your legs")

I've been putting all mine out as 2048s and 1024s together in the same pack... so fs9 or slow fsx users and fsx fast can get what they want... its not too bad on res, the mappings were very generous... lets it keep a lot of detail.

Members +
    Thanks so much. The SteamPunk texture could be the begining of a new gendre? Mmmm, Steampunk'd Goose, Spittie, Cub, a car or two? Tri-motors, Could be fun in Golden Wings!

Glad you liked it :P I'm considering other options, but I want the model to work in fs9 and x so I'm on the look out for the right aircraft to get the 'treatment' next.

I really like that "antique" version. Downloading it now.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Just for the test i "stole a bit" of alpha channel values from Firekittens French Walrus and added them to Trago-Mills Sprints fuselage and wings textures, now with shiny metal it looks more "luxurious", also tried it with Arrow and im very happy with final results.

there's bunch of new paints at flightsim by Mr. Peter Watkins

Hi all! Have just finished and uploaded to FlightSim a civil United Whalers paint G-AHFO. Should be available tomorrow. Have done only silver pre-War Royal Navy schemes so far although have thrown in a Aussie silver Seagull V and a civil Canadian one as well. I had to upload an amendment for the Canadian paint as I had forgotten that Dave Molyneaux always uses a darkened version of his main textures for the night textures. This meant that at dusk and night Dave's camo textures merged with the new daytime ones - embarrassing!
    Will start on the all-yellow HD874 Walrus preserved in the RAAF Museum next, unless Matt or Firekitten have already started on it.

cheers, Pete W

Looking good Peter, really enjoying these repaints.

Hopefully, one day, you'll have an even more interesting repaint to do.

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1416033/
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Looking good Peter, really enjoying these repaints.

Hopefully, one day, you'll have an even more interesting repaint to do.

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1416033/
    Ah yes, the Dick Melton G-RNLI restoration, now at Audley End. Will be nice to see her completed and flying! I wonder what colours they will paint her? Now working on a Argentina Navy paint.

Think matt was doing the SAR bird...

I've a camo one to upload next, fictional RN Cruser HMS Caernarfon (Long story but we'll get to that later, needless to say it will be relevant)

i have a 'Search and Hinder'... i mean Rescue.... scheme based on the current Sea King scheme done but do have a plan to do some more once i clear my paint shed out a bit... Shagbat is somewhere at the back, likely nestled in a corner amongst a few other types from that period (WW2)

ooooh oooh... i know why FK i have an idetic memory when Int. is concerned

Heh... Int. and Wynn in the same sentence... :P

Well the navion was the first to be a yellow perril... so the seaking's scheme is based on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Heh... Int. and Wynn in the same sentence... :P
    why you implying? LOL! (ok yes i'm as bright as a wooden plank that's already been burnt :P )

Imply? me? *looks innocent*

Members who have read this thread: 4