Wilco Tiltrotor & RCBvcb40 V(S)tol Gauge

Thread: Wilco Tiltrotor & RCBvcb40 V(S)tol Gauge

Wilco Tiltrotor & RCBvcb40 V(S)tol Gauge

Hi Rob,

I installed your control gauge on my Wilco Tiltrotor and it worked beautifully. However since then, I've had to reinstall Windows an I'm in the process of reinstalling FSX. Per Wilco, you have to have an unregistered version of FSUIPC4 installed first for the Tiltrotor to work properly. My question is: If I use your gauge, do I have to install FSUIPC4 for the TiltRotor to work? The only reason I would install FSUIPC4 is for the Tiltrotor and if I don't have to, I'd rather not. I want to keep the new install of FSX as lean as possible.

Thanks,

Joe

My guess is yes.
    I have his gauge in the Osprey, deleted fsuipc when word was out old versions wouldn't work any more - couldn't remember why I installed it.
    Just tried flying Osprey, was a curling stone, installed fsuipc4 and it's a bird again.
    (now made myself a text note in the modules folder as to why it's there, long live FSUIPC & RCB & FSX)

Rob's well written instructions state you have to install FSUIPC to have it work.

Best, Paul

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It doesnt matter if you have a registered or unregistered version; (payware or freeware). You just need to have FSUIPC. Thats my understanding. Find the latest download and install FSUIPC and it should work fine.

I have his gauge in the Osprey and also Dinos VTOL F35B and it is awesome.....!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Being lean is one thing, but FSUIPC is a necessary part of flight sim and should always be part of the installation. . . .FSX or FS9, registered or unregistered.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks all, for the help

And to the OP: Yes, you need to install FSUIPC.
    Don't use a version older than May 5th 2013, because thay may not work anymore.

For VTOL applications, there's no need to register (== buy the registration) FSUIPC; but IMHO FSUIPC is by far the most valuable addon for FSX.. And worth every penny.

Best, Rob

Thanks for all of your responses. I had read Rob's 8 page instructions before making my original post and wasn't sure if his gauge superceded the need for FSUIPC or not.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by whitney17 View Post
    Thanks for all of your responses. I had read Rob's 8 page instructions before making my original post and wasn't sure if his gauge superceded the need for FSUIPC or not.

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Maybe I didn't make it clear in my instructitions, that the new package was just an update of the VTOL gauge in the original Tiltrotor package (that gauge was also mine).
    So nothing changed w.r.t. to the FSUIPC requirement.

Best, Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0