Was a "Nam" campaign for CFS2 ever done?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was a "Nam" campaign for CFS2 ever done?

Dirtman, and the Vietnam project

Hi, Dirtman, just reviving your old thread, wondering what the progress is so far?

taking a break from coastline scenery, and spend a bit of time on some buildings for vietnam (and other places.)
    What you see in the pic below is enmass building models viewed in Gmax, (they are superimposed on each other) waiting for damage models to be made. I am resurching the sort of damage to apply, when these military buildings were hit by rockets they suffered partial collapse. (more involved than just modeling a crater).

Is There A New Air War Vietnam For CFS2 Coming?

I have enjoyed The Fox Four Series since it came out..just great! I was watching my old tapes of "Dogfights" The Phamton and the NVA Mig 19s, I throught I had seen a message on the CFS2 forum that one of our people is creating a campaign for the Vietnam Air War? Has anyone any information on it?

Cheers

Casey

The package is in beta testing now....will be some time yet before it is ready for public release. Lots of stuff still needing tweaked, plane issues to be resolved, scenery being created. Be patient...

OBIO

V-4-CFS2 ... pic's too!!!

WOW OBI!!!! Ya sure answered this one quick!!!

Yup; like Obi said: things are progressing well, but this is a huge project that will take much longer than originally anticipated. :isadizzy:

Thanks to Obi & Tango we have some brand new planes (and they fly & look UNBELIEVABLE!!) Many are in the late stages of completion.

simonu has provided us (thru billions of hours of hard & tedious work) new scenery packages & selected mesh that make Vietnam look better than ever before!!!

The major stumbling block is that I want to be absolutely sure everything is done properly & guarantee this sim will be the very best it can possibly be. Not only in the short term but for the future expansions.

Unfortunately; all the previous threads concerning the Vietnam-4-CFS2 were lost in the Sim Outhouse server crash a few weeks ago.

Here are some pics so you's can see how we're coming along......... some old - some new.
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

More Vietnam-4-CFS2 pics:

DANG!!! Can only upload 8 at a time so here's some more:

Note the new upgraded landclass scenery & mesh behind the Loach pics.

THANK YOU BROTHER SIMONU!!!

Dirtman

Still more pics:

I can hear Collin now: (in his British accent)

Durtman; yer should be using foto-bucket fer uploading yer piccy's; ya silly git!!

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

Dirtman

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    I can hear Collin now: (in his British accent)

Durtman; yer should be using foto-bucket fer uploading yer piccy's; ya silly git!!

Nah....that should read....

Durtman; yer should stick yer head in a bucket; yer silly git!!:costumes:

regards Collin:ernae:

Do I hear an echo in here???????????

Mus be me long-lost brudder LongJock :isadizzy:

Dirtman

Liked the Phantom with the Dirtman on it, Can I have the plane and a skin with Skywolf on it?
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf View Post
    Liked the Phantom with the Dirtman on it, Can I have the plane and a skin with Skywolf on it?
    Sure .... just put it on for yourself - like I did.... it aint rocket science ; this is how you learn Bro.

Just pick any plane with open .BMP texture files, then experiment till ya get it right!
    I did that one in MS Paint!!! :redf::redf::redf:

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:
    Dirtman

I have GIMP. Will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywolf View Post
    I have GIMP. Will that work?
    Like a charm...Paint.Net is another great freeware choice too.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

In that case, if I get good, I may do some skins!

Vietnam Add On.

I know that a lot of time and effort is going in to the new Vietnam Mod for CFS2, but I am very surprised that no one has mentioned the Vietnam add on that is currently available. It's called 'Vietnam Air War' and is from Just Flight, admittedly the Aircraft models are a bit dated but it does give you something to fly in whilst waiting for a, judging by the screen shots, very good looking and well made Mod.

Yo Jim001;

There are 3 main differences:

1) Vietnam-4-CFS2 will use many high quality plus all new aircraft & other upgrades (like SAM2) for CFS2 developed recently or over the past few years.

2) It will provide air, sea & land combat theaters. Player vehicles for each.

3) It is complete freeware. The only cost is the time it takes to d/l & assemble it. Most parts will be available here at SOH where the d/l's are at a very high speed compared to some other sites which slow them down unless you pay a membership fee

I hope this answers your question completely and thanks for your interest in V-4-CFS2

Dirtman

Hi all,
    I have that addon and it is great fun.But as said the a/c by todays standards leave a great deal to be desired.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Is there a date by which the Vietnam-4-CFS2 will be ready for release, Approximately?

any news about vietnam?

haven`t heard anything since quite a longtime about vietnam....
    any news?
    please keep on Dirtmann!
    Gianluca

It is several miles to the East of Subic.:ernae:

xx

i heard the wars over....

Tango_Romeo

I don't think...

...that the project has been dumped. It has just run into some snags as the result of the overall concept being very, very ambitious and very, very complex. I've been involved only on the sidelines so to speak.

Some of the FPS issues can be solved now that AlphaSim has released some of the source files for the aircraft. I've offered to multi-LOD these for the project, which should go a long way toward solving the issue.

However, a campaign of the magnitude originally planned....AND it is a misnomer to call it a campaign, because it is a number of campaigns in one package. The last project I saw that was this big took four years and a team of five persons to complete properly.

Anyhow, don't give up yet.

Thanks for the intro Brother Tango! (take 6 beers & a Tijuana hooker out of petty cash)

Work on Vietnam 4 CFS2 is proceeding but at a very slow pace. As Tango said this is understandable considering the complexity of this upgrade ..... I've even found that some of the glitches ... have glitches!!!

.... Attachment 77044

Good_2_Be & PSULLYKEYS have been diligently working in the area of "player ships" aka "shplanes" (for the brown water navy campaign) This is very slow & tedious research and development to say the least. But progress is being made and I'm expecting a major breakthrough at any time.

Captain Tenneal and most recently CRASHAZ have joined "Dirty's Dozen" and have added their abilities & experience to our group.

I must say here that it is an honour & privilege for me to work with a group consisting of some of the BEST CFS2 addicts here at SOH

Collin
    simonu
    PSULLYKEYS
    Rami
    Good_2_Be
    GearyMcS
    Captain Tenneal
    gedm
    CRASHAZ
    Tango Romeo
    Obio

Perhaps the best part is that we have all become very close friends.

Past that I've personally been experiencing some of those dastardly "real life" problems that occur to everyone from time to time. This has been going on for the past 5 months & consumes a great deal of my time and will continue for the foreseeable future.

Don't ya just hate it when real life gets in the way yer "virtual life" eh ??

I'll try and post some screenshots in the near future so you's can see our progress. (I always seem to forget to turn on Fraps before I go into the sim)

Please forgive .... I must be getting old.

....... Attachment 77051

Thanks again Gianluca & everyone for your continued interest in our project .. when completed ... it will blow yer socks off!!!

:faint: :faint: :faint:

...........Attachment 77066
    Dirtman

It might go a little faster D-man if you left out some of the unnecessary special effects.....
    like monks practicing self-immolation.
    hellcat

Members who have read this thread: 2