Intermittent problem: Guns not causing damage

Thread: Intermittent problem: Guns not causing damage

Intermittent problem: Guns not causing damage

Have come across a weird problem. When in Quick Combat on my ETO install, Occasionally the guns won't cause damage when firing on other planes. It's an intermittent problem though, typically switching to another target or firing within 100 feet will register hits and then it will be fine until there is a new wave of planes.

This isn't bad aim, hits going straight through planes without causing damage or registering hits.

The install in question has the +100 planes patch and I know this is buggy

Has anyone come across this problem?? Obviously it is incredibly annoying!

This happened to me a couple of times, I have 100 planes patch installed , but in both cases i had too many planes or ships. I think also , that u need to check if u have too much dp files and enought ram memory.
    hope this help
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

I had the same problem awhile back. Here is the thread and replies.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hit&highlight=

Thank you for your suggestions guys. I've worked through them and discounted a few. So far though the only work around I've come across is to create a fresh install with less than 100 planes for quick combat. Not ideal but hey ho.

I don't think it's a RAM problem as I have 4GB and the patch installed and widening out to a system resource problem, I get very good frame rates generally. However it could be a display adapter thing as I've had issues in the past with certain planes getting very poor frame rates when people on lesser systems aren't affected.

It isn't the target planes as this occurs with all different aircraft. Them AI can damage each other and shot each other which leads me to believe it is the bullets not registering rather than the damage boxes not picking up the damage.

It doesn't seem to be a scenery issue as this occurs all over the CFS 2 world. Low scenery loads and high.

So far the common denominator seems to be the +100 plane patch. Seems to make sense as this is a fairly buggy work around. Could be this is something we have to live with and as single missions seem to be unaffected this is fairly reasonable.

I'll keep experimenting though and see if there are any other triggers

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Astill View Post
    ....So far the common denominator seems to be the +100 plane patch.....
    Hi Ian,

this is the primary reason why I downloaded it, but never installed it. The +100 plane patch prevents CFS2 from displaying the "corrupted files/unable to generate Quick Combat" error message but Mission Builder and Quick Combat still quit working when the installed plane limit is exceeded.

That prevents from using MB, flying missions or Quick Combat sessions and I do not like it. The only effective way I found to circumvent the +100 plane limit is to set up yet another theatre install, for example a dedicated Battle of Britain or Pearl Harbour attack, where 100 aircrafts for that sole situation is a large number of repaints and models to choose from.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Astill View Post

I don't think it's a RAM problem as I have 4GB and the patch installed and widening out to a system resource problem, I get very good frame rates generally. However it could be a display adapter thing as I've had issues in the past with certain planes getting very poor frame rates when people on lesser systems aren't affected.
    I have too ! I have all patches installed (4Gb and +100 planes) but uŽll need real memory , and i do not mean video card memory. I use the cdp eraser tool and also check how ships i have installed. Is not the same if u have 50 usio ships installesd that if u have 50 default ships! For usio ships uŽll need more memory than defaults sheeps, same with planes. Just do it & see!
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Members who have read this thread: 0