Iris easter eggs! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iris easter eggs!

Well I'm not sure he's wrong... All these discussions are very destructive for the normal people like me that are trying to share their passion. It's very characteristic now : all the identified people of the new discussion are people that I appreciate, considering their work.

For example, last year I began a long comparison between the two F15e, concluding that my preference goes to the Milviz one. I didn't understand why I've been involved in a discussion with unknown guys questioning my intentions... I've also made some comments about the first launch of Razbam Harrier and receive some comments publicly questionning my honesty with insinuations that I was bound to another fsx Harrier developper... And now, that I've a small involvment in the Iris Pilatus (and I'm not paid for that, I pay my license and I'm perfectly happy for that), I've the feeling that other people will make comments about that (in fact there's actually one FB page at the moment with bad comments for the people that appreciate or work for Iris)... This week, the plane I flew the most was the Razbam gr9, and it's a wonderful plane. Do you know what ? I dare not to share my experience because I'm afraid to be involved in discusssions like I had last year, by people who pretend to be Razbam friends...

The problem with your posts is that I've the impression that taking part of the community will lead me to be identified as the member of one group, enemy of the other. I want to continue to tell the pleasure I've to fly with Milviz, Razbam or Iris add-ons, or the points that seems a problem to me. I also want to continue to fly the Jeansy skins and telling how good they are without being considered as the member of a particular group...

You've personal problems with other people. Maybe you're right. But I please guys like you not to involve us in these problems. I don't know who is right, and any of your post has helped me in that matter. I don't know who's wrong, either. I want to fly with people that share the same passion and that I don't know for the rest.

Please do not involve MV or me personally in these discussions. Though I do have issues with Iris, I do not wish the reputation of Milviz to be tarnished any further by any kind of attacks, be they justified or not.

How was it decided that there was piracy going on here? If someone is going to make damaging accusations, they've got to make sure theyre true. People find themselves in legal hot water if its not...

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    really? I do recall you telling me that in the c27 thread that it doesn't cost anything to be polite

He has every right to be upset when his friends are accused of theft from the developer in question page who has been identified by the courts for the that very reason , and this is fact, another tried to raised with evidence prior and you shut him down in public, taking sides of the other party
    it seems its very biased here towards one particular group where other developers are allowed to be hang out and dried
    If you go back thru all threads you will see that it is fact
    Dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out...... Wow that's excellent moderation for someone who should be neutral

Matt, maybe I'm just fed up with people making misinformed attacks on ANY developer, and maybe I've had a bad day!
    You, of all people, have certainly nailed your colours to the mast regarding IRIS.
    Would you like me to elaborate on your very public stance on the two developers you have a personal problem with???

Yes indeed, I should be 'Neutral' but there are times when I'm not, or appear not to be so, especially when a statement like "I don't wish to be part of a forum that condones piracy" is made.
    "Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out" is brief and to the point.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Matt, maybe I'm just fed up with people making misinformed attacks on ANY developer, and maybe I've had a bad day!
    You, of all people, have certainly nailed your colours to the mast regarding IRIS.
    Would you like me to elaborate on your very public stance on at least two developers???
    Yes indeed, I should be apparantly 'Neutral' but there are times when I'm not, or appear not to be so.
    whatever, hope your bad day gets better :mixedsmi:

Folks, cop on... we're arguing about a hypothetical.... mud has been slung from Facebook, the Wikipedia of fact.... so for all we know, the entire sniping fest, the entire storm in a teacup, could be complete and utter fiction.

Please act like the esteemed, grown up gentlemen I know you all are... Its one of the reasons I come to SOH rather than some of the other sites... Because the banal, pointless slap fighting doesn't occur here. Put your handbags away and look at this from the outside for a moment.

I can personally think of THOUSANDS, of Freeware aircraft that include either, a default VC aliased, or default MS gauges for the aircraft... Absolutely thousands. This is an Iris freeware release, like the others... with due credit given to MS, nuff said. If that's piracy, uninstall every freeware plane you have with MS content, if you can work out what it is mind...

Surely, packaging a file from MS fsx, to be used exclusively... in FSX... is not piracy. To use the aircraft, the customer must first OWN, fsx... thus the license to use the content, so the content itself... is fine.

We do not own, pixels, or polygons, or even bytes of data.... what we spend the money on, is the license to use it. Posses that license, and no matter where the file comes from, its entirely legal and above board. Every FSX or P3D user has the license to use the CRJ 700 VC. Its a default aircraft. So Iris is not giving them anything they aren't entitled to.

Why has this come up now? There are numerous developers using these files already, oh wait.... free chance to take a swipe at a considered enemy in the school yard. Grow up guys.

Gosh...
    For a moment there I thought I was on the Wincustomize.com forums.....the ones I've administered for a decade with all those 4.6 million registered users there's rarely a time when there isn't some form or other of "drama".

It's certainly nothing new to see people getting all upset about something maybe at best only half heard and even less understood.

Facebook?

Really? The home of the clinically depressed and/or pedophile?

At least I don't have to worry about administering here......that's a relief...

Oh...I should have mentioned.... Wincustomize.com is all about skinning the Windows GUI. We deal with intellectual property rights every single day.

If this is about the included VC model I can give you the accepted policy by Windows skinners...but SOH copyright policy is not under my control so it can be safely left to those to whom it is.

BTW...historically we have had direct communications regarding IP with both Apple and Microsoft .... both of which were resolved appropriately [I'm talking Wincustomize, not SOH]...

Little harsh to say facebook is the home of pedophiles... Plenty of people use it happily. Myself included. However it is a largely unmoderated mess, and I have noticed that in a lot of cases, fs 'communities' that migrate over there, are the ones forced from more regulated zones... their words less easy to take as truthful in cases like these.

Sadly, there is truth there. Ask by pm and I will supply proof.

We need to keep the comments about the CRJ. All other issues need to be handled by PM. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Unfortunately that's just it... this is all about the CRJ...

I've made my stance on this issue to those parties involved. It's not necessary here. I come to SOH for the same reasons as the rest of you.

I would like to say my appreciation for companies like Iris and others who from time to time release freeware to the community. Very nice gesture in my opinion. I'm grateful to have the amazing freeware support this community holds. I consider it the bread and butter of this hobby.

Whatever

I really hope this thread gets back to discussing nifty repaints for the CJR's.:salute::salute:

Best, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    I really hope this thread gets back to discussing nifty repaints for the CJR's.:salute::salute:

Best, Paul
    Thanks Paul,
    It will or it will be closed.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Videre Vincere Est

Well, this plane is a nice freebee. Made a fictional repaint for the sentinel R.1 in Dutch colors (still needs a lot of work), and planning on a white VIP version of the CRJ 200 for the RNLAF.

Thanks IRIS :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Made a fictional repaint for the sentinel R.1 in Dutch colors (still needs a lot of work), and planning on a white VIP version of the CRJ 200 for the RNLAF.

Sweet!

Nice to see the repaints coming for these great models!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

... back on topic

Any of these paints been released yet?

And thank you Iris for some great FREEWARE!

Thanks Iris...love the Sentinel in particular.

I like this - a freeware Iris model with the adequate stock VC, so no great learning curve to negotiate. A nice introduction to this class of aircraft for the casual simmer or those, like myself, who have never taken much interest in them. And paintkits too! Thanks Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by gtirob01 View Post
    ... back on topic

Any of these paints been released yet?

And thank you Iris for some great FREEWARE!
    I've got 2 fictional RCAF paints up on flightsim and avsim. Working on a German Air Force one now

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC-130J_AVN View Post
    I've got 2 fictional RCAF paints up on flightsim and avsim. Working on a German Air Force one now
    I've been having so much fun with the White one I forgot the Blue one available at avsim.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CC-130J_AVN View Post
    Awesome! Thanks! Have not been on in a few days so i was not sure.

These are great models, thanks to the repainters they will stay in the hangar for long. Now, the PAX liners need paints too!