A2A Accufeel v2 and AI aircraft . . .

Thread: A2A Accufeel v2 and AI aircraft . . .

A2A Accufeel v2 and AI aircraft . . .

I have a question for those of you using AccuFeel. If none of you know, then I'll head over to A2A's support forum; but I've never registered there and thought this would be quicker.

So, I have ORBX's North American traffic package installed with lots of AI flights. I have had no FPS problems with it. After I installed Accufeel, I notice a significant FPS drop and stutters, but only if I am "looking" at several parked AI planes at airports. As soon as I "look" away from the AI, my FPS goes up and smooths out. I think that Accufeel is applying itself automatically to all the AI planes. However, because they don't have panels, I can't load them to disable Accufeel for each plane. Since they've never been given custom Accufeel profiles, they don't have files in the Accufeel folder for me to adjust. Do any of you know if there is a way to disable Accufeel on AI aircraft?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Guess I never considered that even AI would be affected by Accufeel. I'd like to find the answer to that as well. I don't use much AI, but the group I fly with, sometimes 6 or 7 of us, requires AI for their aircraft so that everyone sees everyone else. Quite an extra fps load if this is the case.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I don't think Accu-feel is applied to AI, and I doubt it's causing the problem, but you can test by disabling it in its control panel while in sim to see if it makes a difference. Just click on Addons and then Accu-feel, and then global disable.

I suspect AI at complex airports. Is it a payware Orbx airport? Which one? How many AI?

Just to complicate matters, occasionaly I see fps drop at an airport when viewing some addon aircraft from the side.

Tried in different airports in areas without addon scenery and same result.

Maybe something FSX model related that's not documented?

Strange. The problem really does seem to be Accufeel related as I was flying the same airports in the same aircraft with the same AI before I installed Accufeel, and I had no FPS issues. This happens at standard airports in PNW, NRM, and CRM as well as at the detailed addon airports. The only difference in FPS from airport to airport seems to be the number of AI planes parked around the field. At airports with only statics parked, I see no FPS problems. I will try disabling Accufeel altogether and see if I still get the stutters.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Members who have read this thread: 0