Relatives and Contact People - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relatives and Contact People

Blog Entries
    I added "Relatives and Contact People" to your profile.
    It is private and non searchable. Only you and top admins can see this.
    click settings and on the left click edit profile, it is at the bottom of the page.
    I added my brothers phone #.
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Didn't Gajit reappear as Barnes, and then announce his retirement from simming just a few weeks ago? Or am I confusing him with someone else....

Mike
    Yeah I read that but not about his retirement.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    I would but the police don't know I am still around!

do you have neighbors or friends?...maybe the guys at the local diner you have breakfast with?..

then again..ive lost all my "real life" (as we say in chat) friends...i stopped drinking,smoking,and runnin around..and now no one even calls to say hi any more and when i reach out to them...no one has time for me..so without my folks..ill have no one myself...my sister and my niece inlaw have allready informed me im on my own when my folks pass on..no assistance at all....i cant cook for myself..nor change my sheets..do laundry.. vacuum ..im on the verge of needing help showering/bathing ( not from being fat,but back pain)....i fell on christmas day and broke something in my back...sleeping is almost impossible..and i cant see a doctor until i get my bill paid down....

ack.....what fun life is huh?

Great idea Roger,especially for us older members with health issues,I'm in!

This sound like a good idea.

and i cant see a doctor until i get my bill paid down....
    Daveroo, if you do not have it, you need to get state assistance for medical bills. Probable need a lawyer to get it. My dad did.

Members Profile Notes

We activated the Members Notes feature of the forum.

As a user you can create notes and add them to your profile. These notes are only visible to you and Senior Admins.

To add a note simply go to your profile page and look for Notes under your picture. See attached image.

The title of the note can be anything you want Relatives and Contacts, Emergency Contacts, etc.

Place only that information in your notes that you do not care if Admins see.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I really like the concept. If "goes absent" means doesn't log in for X days, I'm interested. I'm not real talkative but I am here a couple times a day, most of the time. I don't know how much it would be worth to me since I don't spend much time alone, but, as a couple of you have suggested, you never know when things can change. This takes the sense of community here to a whole new level. --Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    This is a great idea but how are you going to tell if someone isn't around in a timely manner that would help? Is there a way that one can be tracked whenever and how often a member just logs in to sim-outhouse? If one generally logs in several times a day and then hasn't shown up for a day or two, what do you do?

It just seems that to be useful it may get complicated.
    My thoughts,
    Tom
    I guess, in the case of either new members, or members who don't frequent the forums on a regular basis (at least several times a week), being gone for a longer stretch might not be very noticeable. There are, however, a large number of regular contributors in areas like aircraft development, scenery enhancements, daily idea people who contribute their expertise in various areas, folks like myself who have our hands in several different areas at the same time and stay pretty active on an almost daily basis. . .those folks especially would be the type who might raise a flag if they just suddenly dropped off the radar screen. I can say in a slightly joking manner now though that there have been a few times in the past where, for financial reasons, I didn't have access to the internet for a couple weeks at a time and when I finally got everything back online and came to the forum. . .no one had really noticed, lol.

It's a great idea, all in all and as "glennc" mentioned in his post. . .it shows that SOH is interested in who we are and how we are when we suddenly go missing. It's good to know they would at least have the means to make contact. Well Done Roger.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Ed:ernae: and Thanks Dave and Ickie for finding a solution to implement the idea
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members +
    Blog Entries
    An excellent idea, and how very different from most forums; indeed, from most of our civilization. An actual sense of community beyond the confines of our hobby. Sort of puts me in mind of the old old IPMS days(pre internet) Now if we could get together at the local an hoist a tun or too.

Got mine done
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    This sound like a good idea.

Daveroo, if you do not have it, you need to get state assistance for medical bills. Probable need a lawyer to get it. My dad did.
    i do have medicare and medical....but my primary care doctor stopped accepting medical and its run up a bill on me..this guy is a great doctor,and i dont want to leave his care ( plus hes become a friend) and as a friend.hes allowing me to pay as i have the money,rather than using a collection agency...i really shouldnt complain...i guess i was depressed and sick last night...shouldnt have typed what i did i suppose....

I had a nice long reply typed out, but when I went to "Post" it, the message was lost...

Anyway, I think this is a grand idea. Having lived alone with no relatives or even friends close enough to notice my demise, it seems fitting that there at least be some way for my forum friends to have some hope of closure should I one day disappear entirely. :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Ed:ernae: and Thanks Dave and Ickie for finding a solution to implement the idea

What Roger said.

Mike

[QUOTEi do have medicare and medical....but my primary care doctor stopped accepting medical and its run up a bill on me..this guy is a great doctor,and i dont want to leave his care ( plus hes become a friend) and as a friend.hes allowing me to pay as i have the money,rather than using a collection agency...i really shouldnt complain...i guess i was depressed and sick last night...shouldnt have typed what i did i suppose.... ][/QUOTE]

Good to have a doctor as a friend. Take care Daveroo.

You can count me in on this as well. It is a great idea....we have lost many developers and forum members to death or loss of sim interest....it will be nice to have some way of checking in on those who are frequent fliers of this forum and know their state of being.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    it's kinda scary ya know?? I mean, what if something happens, and nobody cares??

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for this idea, I think it is a great thing to do..
    I am alone and often go weeks before anyone might show up..
    Winters are the worst for this..
    since I have no automobile I tend to be trapped during these months..

And having a way that someone might know a hobbit has disappeared, (other then wearing "The Ring")
    could be a very good thing..
    Since I spend a great deal of time here at SOH causing as much mayhem as possible..
    One just might notice if a Orc or Troll carries me off..

Oh, if its a really pretty human girl type, no rescue will be needed..
    On to Castle Anthrax!

This is an excellent idea Roger . I'm all for it . Count me in .

Rich

Count me in. I think this is a GREAT idea!
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Icon12

My mom and I are alone I the care of her <3 I will update our contact information Sometimes I am busy with homework or classes or sue activities so do not forget about me and my mom we still exist

This is Hannah
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chacha View Post
    My mom and I are alone I the care of her <3 I will update our contact information Sometimes I am busy with homework or classes or sue activities so do not forget about me and my mom we still exist

This is Hannah
    You two will not be forgotten.

Tell your mom we said Hello.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chacha View Post

This is Hannah
    Hannah, you and your mom are never forgotten.. Love to both of you, your always in my prayers..
    Warchild.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Hannah, you and your mom are never forgotten.. Love to both of you, your always in my prayers..
    Warchild.
    Same with you Pam

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'll be out for while. Im taking a great Job Opportunity in San Antonio TX and thus will be busy settling into my new home and job. Good-by Sin City and NV you mean expensive PIA lololol. Hello Republic of Texas here I come.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/