Dino Cattaneo's F-14D beta released
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dino Cattaneo's F-14D beta released

Dino Cattaneo's F-14D beta released

Dino just released the beta 1 version of his new F-14D Super Tomcat.

link: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com

Master of Disaster
    I don't see a link?
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Link is in the text ! :salute:

Cheers.

Cool. Thanks Dino! Will beat it up and report back!
    Matt

Master of Disaster
    I don't see any link to the download when it goes to the page. Does that explain it better?.....Found it in the txt of the description.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Yep the download link is in the description, it directs you to another page (google drive) with the actual download , simply named "Beta1.zip" .

:salute:

I cannot seem to get the MFDs to work, can anyone else ? The JTIDS is no problem, working all right. Impressive work done by the developer :-)

Best
    DagR

pilot MFD's light up and have some functionality here - RIO scope is also lighting up and has the range selector functioning

I would like to be able to work the speed brake incrementally however - like the T-45
    The Tomcat is either full open or full closed

GREAT LOOKING MODEL - and the FDE seems pretty good - only a short test so far...

Dino - your virtual cockpits all have a certain extreme high quality - more real than virtual than most payware brands...you should be getting paid for this kind of talent and time -
    but I really appreciate that you provide these works of art for the community gratis

If this plane is a beta and will only get better over time, then we who love the Tomcat are extremely lucky for sure
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I've tried to DL this numerous times throughout the day, and the DL won't start.

Found the download link, somewhat an unusual setup, but even I who am easily confused did get it to download. Thanks to Dino for tackling USN carrier aircraft, since these inhabit a difficult operating environment the FSX versions really have to blow smoke!

Cheers. T

Some bugs I've found:

1) Some buttons on the pilot's right MFD (two lower buttons on the right column) cannot be activated from a default/central viewpoint. They can be activated if you lean a bit to the right though.

2) The little knobs on the Nav radio on the left don't seem to work. They can be clicked but can't be "turned". Had to use the 2d radio stack.

3) The landing gear seems a bit too fragile, even when bingo fuel (light weight). Not sure if supposed to be like this.

4) It does seem a bit too stable on high G, high AoA situations.

Will do more test flights later. This is the best freeware tactical fighter to date, thanks Dino!

Got another four days before I get home and be able to give this a go, looking forward to it
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Thanks a lot for your time and appreciation. Download is a little cryptic on purpose, so that people should read the instructions... by the way, if possible, please stick to the instructions and report bugs as comments on the blog. Have fun!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thank you Dino, I'm loving it already!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I still can't get it to DL. Yes I'm clicking on the DL link on Dino's site, and that takes me to Google Drive where the Beta 1 zip is. I've tried Ctrl S, and I've tried clicking on it. It's just not downloading. I am getting a message that says the file is too big for Google Drive to do a virus scan, and Ctrl S gives me a small HTML doc. I'm not finding any cryptic instructions, either. It's fairly straight forward, from what I see. Click on the blue DL link on Dino's site, then click on the Google Drive page where it says Download. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    . I am getting a message that says the file is too big for Google Drive to do a virus scan, and Ctrl S gives me a small HTML doc.
    I see this message: "Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses.The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway"

If I click 'Download anyway' the download starts.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very nice, took off from PMDY and about 45 seconds later made a perfect arrested landing on CVN 65. Very stable on approach at 135-136 knots at 49,700 lbs.

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post

3) The landing gear seems a bit too fragile, even when bingo fuel (light weight). Not sure if supposed to be like this.
    Had no problems with the gear, on tarmac this is quite easy to land gently. Watch the speed on take-off though, as the gear retracts quite slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I see this message: "Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses.The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway"

If I click 'Download anyway' the download starts.
    Yes, I click "Download anyway" too...so far about 12 times. Download won't start for me.

Maybe you have an add or pop-up blocker running, or your AV or firewall is blocking it..?

I have Kapersky, and it tells me if it's blocking something, and in this case it's not blocking anything. Thanks for trying to help

Just now dl the files with on problems. Google drive... no preview available... click on download... The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway... click on Download anyway

Download Beta1.zip 63.9 MB file.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    pilot MFD's light up and have some functionality here - RIO scope is also lighting up and has the range selector functioning

I would like to be able to work the speed brake incrementally however - like the T-45
    The Tomcat is either full open or full closed

GREAT LOOKING MODEL - and the FDE seems pretty good - only a short test so far...

Dino - your virtual cockpits all have a certain extreme high quality - more real than virtual than most payware brands...you should be getting paid for this kind of talent and time -
    but I really appreciate that you provide these works of art for the community gratis

If this plane is a beta and will only get better over time, then we who love the Tomcat are extremely lucky for sure
    heywooood is on the money.....very nice to have a new kitty onboard! Thanks much Dino!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Just now dl the files with on problems. Google drive... no preview available... click on download... The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway... click on Download anyway

Download Beta1.zip 63.9 MB file.
    Yes, this is exactly what I've been getting every time I try, and everytime I click "download anyway"... it won't DL for me.

Try a different browser maybe? It's working fine for me with Chrome.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 2