FSX Activation

Thread: FSX Activation

FSX Activation

I will make it brief, can't beat a dead horse.1. Recieve FSX for XMAS,

install on FS9 computer and laptop (mistake) love the thing even starting to

tweak and get better frame rate. Decide to upgrade computer uninstall reinstall

to many times. microsoft tells me they no longer support the program so I must

buy another copy. OK.2. Recieve new copy, get computer upgraded, Tech puts

FSX in program 86 by mistake. I uninstall, reinstall, cannot activate.

microsoft, since I bought second copy from them sends new copy I must and did

pay again and sends UPS call tag to send second copy back for refund (have not

recieved it yet).3.Tried to install third copy, cannot activate, not via

internet not by phone. Now microsoft e-mails me another UPS call tag to send

third copy back for refund.4. I liked the thing even though the frame rate

needed work. Still have the first copy on my laptop but to hard and hot to play

there. Meanwhile, the main upgraded ($700.00 worth) computer runs FS9 like a

dream everthing you can throw at it.This is my tale. I did get to play with

FSX Gold and acceleration pack for about two weeks. Couple addon aircraft, saw

the whales little aircraft carrier action and the birds in the thermals. That's

it. Thank God and all the designers for FS9. I really just wanted to run the

program, I can tell you I might have missed something in the installation

process but it worked the first time and a copy is still running on my laptop,

not that it does me any good. If anyone knows how to get it to work I live in

Reno, nv. Just answer this thread. I will gladly pay.SGT Mike Grimes US

Army retired on disability

Maybe a new computer for each new copy of FSX Gold?

[QUOTE=uniform7;776556]microsoft tells me they no longer support the program so I must

buy another copy.

QUOTE]

The MS guy just told you a massive fib. I had a similar thing just before Xmas, too recent to the previous install and it would not activate. Rang MS and was told the same thing (not the buy another copy bit though), I was somewhat fruity in my language and ended by hanging up. Mysteriously I tried one more time and lo and behold, it activated. Clearly behind the scenes some shennanigans had gone on and the relicenced the thing.

I would get back onto them and raise merry hell. You are needlessly out of pocket.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Man, you've been conned seriously by whoever was within MS.
    The reason why you may get activation and sometimes reinstallation problems is because the uninstall leaves behind some real sneaky registry entries. I have had this several times after doing lots of upgrades to my kit.
    Microsoft are basically useless for support on this issue and i found somewhere on the web the hidden fsx registry settings that have to be deleted to enable a reinstall and then activation.

Good luck

found the text that helped me with many reinstalls and activation probs...

Copy all the text inside the brackets (i.e in this case 9527A496-5DF9-412A-ADC7-168BA5379CA6) using CTRL+C to take it to the clipboard.

Open Regedit and open the find window using CTRL+F, then copy the clipboard contents using CTRL+V

Find any references to the ProductCode and delete them.

You'll see that they are paired with entries regarding FSX and uninstalling. If you go into the registry with a working copy of FSX you will find this reference everywhere, however you should only find a few references after a bad un-install has occured which is why I believe its the uninstall routine that is at issue here.

Registrys left behind

I suspected something like that. However, that's as smart as I am. I don't know how or where to look for what you are describing.

FSX Registry

Alright, I have found the list. I see one ref that says Microsoft Flight Simulator X. That one I am sure about. Is there another item I should be looking to remove from the registry?

Typical. . .support from someone who is working off a "flip-chart" phone answering system. Basically you tell them the problem, they flip to that section in their answers and read it off to you. Most of them wouldn't know how to turn on a computer, let along troubleshoot anything that's wrong with it. I've probably had to reinstall (and activate) my "sole" copy of FSX basic and then FSX Accell about a dozen times, never with any hitch, never with any kind of message stating that it couldn't be activated and that I should call support.

The process that trevytt2004 is describing is a fairly simple process, but only if you're comfortable with opening "regedit" and doing what he describes, which obviously you are not. If you have a friend who is computer savvy maybe they can stop by long enough to take care of deleting the install information so you can get everything installed and running. It should never be as mind boggling difficult as what you've described. It is also correct that MS no longer supports FSX, that was announced several months ago. . .but as you've discovered, they were never that good at support anyway, so it's no great loss. You'll find a lot more help in this one forum, than MS could ever provide. Good luck!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

FSX Activation

Your right until now, I believe I see the light. The long numberr above he gave me I now have pulled up in the registry list containing all of the FSX deep hidden stuff. I suspect by deleting this folder I will be able to reinstall. Correct?

I went through similar issues a few times after a bad uninstall. This may be of some help. http://www.google.com/search?q=MSKB9...ient=firefox-a

More about the use. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Quote Originally Posted by uniform7 View Post
    Your right until now, I believe I see the light. The long numberr above he gave me I now have pulled up in the registry list containing all of the FSX deep hidden stuff. I suspect by deleting this folder I will be able to reinstall. Correct?
    Since there is no FSX installed currently, deleting that won't hurt anything and most likely will give you a clean slate to work with.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Dead horse FSX

Thanks, I tried, found the left over, got rid of it, anable to activate. Tired of wasting time. I have FS9 that all would envy with add ons and AI. Think I'll go find an aircraft carrier to land on in the rain with wind gust around 60mph. Hope one of my AI Tomcats or Helocopters don't get in the way I seldom ask permission to land they are my carriers. Bet I'll forget all about micropoop.

Quote Originally Posted by uniform7 View Post
    Thanks, I tried, found the left over, got rid of it, unable to activate. Tired of wasting time. I have FS9 that all would envy with add ons and AI. Think I'll go find an aircraft carrier to land on in the rain with wind gust around 60mph. Hope one of my AI Tomcats or Helicopters don't get in the way I seldom ask permission to land they are my carriers. Bet I'll forget all about micropoop.
    Sad. . .but I guarantee it isn't the FSX installation, there is something else about your setup that is screwing with it and without being right there, hands on. . .it's anybody's guess what it might be. Simply no way you should have that much trouble installing and activating. Enjoy FS9!!:salute:

Current System Specs:

FSX Snafu

Ok, installed FSX on the computer in question a couple of times in the past. Still installs ok just can't activate via internet and phone never worked with MS. Learned how to clean out the registry thank you all. On a chance removed the first copy from my lap top and tried this third copy after clean uninstall and cleaned out the registry of any FSX I could find. Program installed and activated perfect (still hard on the lap top running hot) Now, went through computer in question even had geek boys look through it (have them for viruses and stuff insurance came with my lap top last year) Installed some other games surfed the web, downloaded stuff. Everyone and everything shows computer in question working fine (runs FS9 great live weather through REX everything I want) Still can't activate FSX now I have already installed third copy on another computer the third copy still installs on computer in question and has not told me I have used up my installs like the first copy. So now is everyone as confused as I? The lap top has stronger security then my gaming computer and the only thing is the activation step. It will run the game in the demo mode. Any ideas on ainternet setting I have overlooked? Now it has become a vendeta.

Members who have read this thread: 1