Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch..

I have to echo kikas's comments, great job!

Blog Entries

For the revived Greek Blenheims...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    I have to echo kikas's comments, great job!

As usual, available upon request...
    ciao for now...

Attachment 83177

Sorry... got in a bit of a hurry and posted with an unfinished part... will
    replace jpg ASAP

Here it is, the hinge on the upper Left corner was not finished...

Attachment 83178

Blog Entries

Ran into a P-39 on CFS2 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    As usual, available upon request...
    ciao for now...

Attachment 83177

Sorry... got in a bit of a hurry and posted with an unfinished part... will
    replace jpg ASAP

Here it is, the hinge on the upper Left corner was not finished...

Attachment 83178

My CFS2 stopped workinga while ago... I finally found the installation disk and while
    checking the aircraft inventory in it, I ran into thi P-39 panel... with possibilities...
    so I quickly fixed it up nice... (it's not really faithful to any of the photos I have... but
    there were so many versions of the original aircraft... export to other allied forces that
    I figured I would not bother with accurizing it...
    Attachment 83231

Blog Entries

For the recently posted Devastator...

My CFS2 stopped workinga while ago... I finally found the installation disk and while
    checking the aircraft inventory in it, I ran into thi P-39 panel... with possibilities...
    so I quickly fixed it up nice... (it's not really faithful to any of the photos I have... but
    there were so many versions of the original aircraft... export to other allied forces that
    I figured I would not bother with accurizing it...
    Attachment 83231
    Here is another of those panels that merit a little touch up... actually
    redid about everything...lol

Attachment 83336

Blog Entries

Here's a quick redo of the textures...

Here is another of those panels that merit a little touch up... actually
    redid about everything...lol

Attachment 83336
    Oops... I mislabeled the panel as Devastator... it is the SBU-1 Vindicator...

At any rate, I redid the original posted textures this morning...

Attachment 83519
    Attachment 83521Attachment 83520

Blog Entries

How about that ubiquitous Jap pilot...

Has anyone noticed that ubiquitous Jap pilot flying all kinds of US, Brit, etc.
    aircraft?... Well, I decided to fire him in my sim!
    Here is the solution...

Attachment 83709

I repainted that little squirt and now one can have a reasonable pilot for
    most WW2 aircraft
    Just drop me a PM anyone is interested in having it

Blog Entries

Redid S2U panel for French Navy iteration...

Has anyone noticed that ubiquitous Jap pilot flying all kinds of US, Brit, etc.
    aircraft?... Well, I decided to fire him in my sim!
    Here is the solution...

Attachment 83709

I repainted that little squirt and now one can have a reasonable pilot for
    most WW2 aircraft
    Just drop me a PM anyone is interested in having it
    This one of from a photograph... showing the tubular structure fuselage sides and
    more accurate details

Attachment 83929

Blog Entries

Ooops....

This one of from a photograph... showing the tubular structure fuselage sides and
    more accurate details

Attachment 83929

I guess I posted too soon... it needed a few more touches... and probably more as I
    find things that need tweeking...

Attachment 83966

Blog Entries

Still a WIP...

I guess I posted too soon... it needed a few more touches... and probably more as I
    find things that need tweeking...

Attachment 83966

I am reworking this last WIP to a widescreen format and with more headroom... just did a quick redo and still need
    to finish it properly with all the "nuts and bolts and handles "....

Attachment 83974

Blog Entries

There... finished for now...

QUOTE=gaucho_59;794873]I am reworking this last WIP to a widescreen format and with more headroom... just did a quick redo and still need
    to finish it properly with all the "nuts and bolts and handles "....

Attachment 83974[/QUOTE]

End of the road... for now....:salute:
    Attachment 83994

Blog Entries

B-45

trying to download a jpg file to now avail...

Blog Entries

Let's see if it works this way...

trying to download a jpg file to now avail...
    Well, for some reason it goes OK until it comes to "upload" and the little "working" rotating icon goes on and on and nothing happens...is there any way to correct this? I am sure it only happens with my computer... for I see all kinds of posting everywhere... HELP!!!!
    :isadizzy::isadizzy:

Blog Entries
    Well, for some reason it goes OK until it comes to "upload" and the little "working" rotating icon goes on and on and nothing happens...is there any way to correct this? I am sure it only happens with my computer... for I see all kinds of posting everywhere... HELP!!!!
    :isadizzy::isadizzy:
    Still cannot upload an image.... from my computer....however, images I uploaded before seem to go OK.... Does anyone know what the problem is? or how to contact Icky about it?
    Attachment 84107

Blog Entries

Trying the sage advise received...

Still cannot upload an image.... from my computer....however, images I uploaded before seem to go OK.... Does anyone know what the problem is? or how to contact Icky about it?
    Attachment 84107
    I hope this works... keeping my fingers crossed....

Well whaddyaknow! It works

This B-45 Tornado panel is what I was trying to upload.... Comments welcome....

Blog Entries

I'm back!

I hope this works... keeping my fingers crossed....

Well whaddyaknow! It works

This B-45 Tornado panel is what I was trying to upload.... Comments welcome....

Just ran into an earlier panel "touch up" I did a while ago... I had been trying my hand at ship profiles... so
    I sort of laid off panels for a bit (and tried my hand at this new endeavor - for me... kind of a methadone
    treatment for my addiction to 2D panels

good looking Bismarck buddy! my profession these days is in the Profile art business... clients are mostly owners but also working on a 'flying museum's store as a potential client, that plus seeing if i can get my work onto jackets to make 'crew jackets'... it started as a hobby and kinda snowballed

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    good looking Bismarck buddy! my profession these days is in the Profile art business... clients are mostly owners but also working on a 'flying museum's store as a potential client, that plus seeing if i can get my work onto jackets to make 'crew jackets'... it started as a hobby and kinda snowballed
    I admire your artwork very much... I am just a very passionate amateur... My youngest son (28 now) is a very good illustrator and working now for the New York Daily News... He graduated from
    the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale in Florida and "putzed" around free lancing for more than 4 years before he got a "regular" job...:mixedsmi:
    He's bent on commercializing my artwork through creating a site for my hobby work...
    So I am going to send him some of my latest stuff to see what happens... Actually, as a retired anesthesiologist almost 30 years in military practice, I am not eager to make money... but the
    idea of publishing stuff sort of seduces me a bit (vanity??) so I am sending him some of my latest productions in 800 dpi... He suggested I do the work in that resolution aiming to sell prints...
    I've read a bit about your economic vicissitudes... since he is very well connected in the artwork illustration scene... I will call you to his attention... he might eventually come up with something for you
    in New York... one never knows...:salute:

that's right, one never knows.... here's an example (Or Two!) of my most recent.... and my current Work in Progress

Attachment 84844Attachment 84846Attachment 84845

a Chipmunk Belonging to Classic Airforce in the UK, and the Avro Vulcan (Still absolute masses to do on the Vulcan itself! got to refine the wing shape, add decals... she's a long way off, only 20h work in her so far compared to the 200+ on the Chipmunk). the part i like with profiles is that no two are ever the same, certain artists do things certain ways, Chipmunk artwork is an absolute pleasure as for customers i have to go around and locate airframe history (Construction number, it's life etc...) and add that to my master template for print... it's a great hobby, keeps me out of trouble and allows you to practice certain things you can potentially bring to the FS world...

Blog Entries

Very nice ideed!

that's right, one never knows.... here's an example (Or Two!) of my most recent.... and my current Work in Progress

Attachment 84844Attachment 84846Attachment 84845

a Chipmunk Belonging to Classic Airforce in the UK, and the Avro Vulcan (Still absolute masses to do on the Vulcan itself! got to refine the wing shape, add decals... she's a long way off, only 20h work in her so far compared to the 200+ on the Chipmunk). the part i like with profiles is that no two are ever the same, certain artists do things certain ways, Chipmunk artwork is an absolute pleasure as for customers i have to go around and locate airframe history (Construction number, it's life etc...) and add that to my master template for print... it's a great hobby, keeps me out of trouble and allows you to practice certain things you can potentially bring to the FS world...
    What dpi are they? Very nice indeed... You are so very right about profile work... I've gotten so enthralled by it that I only "fly" on the sim to test my paintwork...hahaha:isadizzy:

the chippie is at 4000px by 1640px (at 300PPI) in terms of display scale so is ideal for my average print on A3 gloss/semi-gloss, when a customer specifies larger then i do that, recently i've started looking at applying my profiles to replica MA-1 (for example) jackets (as sort of a crew/team jacket) via a heat press, just a new avenue i'm exploring... theres a lot of potential out there, but i do it for the love of it, the small income (at the moment unless things pay off on potentials) is just a bonus...

Blog Entries

In my experience...

the chippie is at 4000px by 1640px (at 300PPI) in terms of display scale so is ideal for my average print on A3 gloss/semi-gloss, when a customer specifies larger then i do that, recently i've started looking at applying my profiles to replica MA-1 (for example) jackets (as sort of a crew/team jacket) via a heat press, just a new avenue i'm exploring... theres a lot of potential out there, but i do it for the love of it, the small income (at the moment unless things pay off on potentials) is just a bonus...

Any venture, in my experience of 75 years of "hard, soft and medium" life... is worth exploring... even when the initial results are meager...
    But one thing I've learned is that one should follow what one loves to do... I sort of gravitated into Medicine by opportunity, chance, etc. and
    although I was an excellent anesthesiologist... I didn't want to be a doctor since I was yeah high to school desk... so I soon tired of the challenge
    and it became a chore so to speak... well paying and comfortable... but I experienced "slow burnout" after my year in Viet Nam...
    When I retired in 1984 I discovered computers and re-discovered a long forgotten passion... (I started off studying Architecture)... painting!
    And believe me... I think I should have spent my life as an artist... on my own... never having to deal with "A" type surgeons who were always in
    a hurry... and would have probably been happy as a free bird...
    So my advise to all young men and women... DO WHAT YOU LOVE!

yeah i kinda fell into profile artistry myself, i am qualified in Graphic Design and dabbled in Architecture (My coursework for Graphic Design was a Hangar converted into a Nightclub, but i was 15 years old back then and enjoyed cutting the Architects board accurately, maintaining my accurate expectations, i work on the 'would i be happy with this on display?' principle, my model to this day remains on display at my school... but i started on the profile art path as a hobby back in 2005, then in January this year a buddy suggested i try to sell my artworks, which i did and has been on a steady grow ever since... right at this moment as i say i'm looking at converting the Garden shed into a printing station and transfer station (currently figuring out how much the tooling will be to offer profiles on items, not just Printed on Paper etc...)

Blog Entries

That sounds cool...

yeah i kinda fell into profile artistry myself, i am qualified in Graphic Design and dabbled in Architecture (My coursework for Graphic Design was a Hangar converted into a Nightclub, but i was 15 years old back then and enjoyed cutting the Architects board accurately, maintaining my accurate expectations, i work on the 'would i be happy with this on display?' principle, my model to this day remains on display at my school... but i started on the profile art path as a hobby back in 2005, then in January this year a buddy suggested i try to sell my artworks, which i did and has been on a steady grow ever since... right at this moment as i say i'm looking at converting the Garden shed into a printing station and transfer station (currently figuring out how much the tooling will be to offer profiles on items, not just Printed on Paper etc...)
    Yes... that sounds promising... for there is a market for T-shirts, memorabilia, etc. Are you thinking about selling the transfers or actually printing them on shirts, etc.?
    Here in Palm Springs there is a very nice Air Museum (of world renown I think) that has T-shirts and sport shirts with (what I think) is mediocre WW2 era planes on them....
    If you get going... I can probably get you an exclusive in their gift shop (know a couple of old gizzards there)...

if i got it going i'd be doing it myself, transfers and printing onto items... but got to see whether i can convince my father to let me either have the Garden shed to modify (would need insulation, damp-proofing and the walls covered) or half the office, still thinking what-ifs here about it.... might see if there's any local businesses around here that can do it first, if not i'll kind of have the local monopoly on it

Blog Entries

Progress...

if i got it going i'd be doing it myself, transfers and printing onto items... but got to see whether i can convince my father to let me either have the Garden shed to modify (would need insulation, damp-proofing and the walls covered) or half the office, still thinking what-ifs here about it.... might see if there's any local businesses around here that can do it first, if not i'll kind of have the local monopoly on it

I think comparing the last profile to this earlier work shows I am progressing some... (before I started working at 300 dpi) and much smaller frame... 1024...