Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Is the Kitty Hawk being released with the cool cat ?
    I believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    I believe it is.
    Well .. Let step up to the plate then .. actually i have perfectly superb Team SDB USS Enterprise but a little , very little difference in deck size but going to a almost traditional Island structure , looks so well done , a great complement to both
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Fabulous...The more carriers the better!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

@Ian - Yes, the Kitty Hawk is being released with the Tomcat in a single package. It's also coming with 11 carriers tracks (with a task force), and each track has a saved flight which will let you load on the deck of a moving carrier either Cold&Dark or with the engines running.

Noticed the O2 masks and the glove vanes, plans to have both operational and welded shut versions?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    @Ian - Yes, the Kitty Hawk is being released with the Tomcat in a single package. It's also coming with 11 carriers tracks (with a task force), and each track has a saved flight which will let you load on the deck of a moving carrier either Cold&Dark or with the engines running.
    Don't spose you could add a Twelve to the list .. USS America is the second off two the Class ( practically indentical bar the ship number) and she did enter Wellington harbour in 1966 - maybe a track down the coast to Christchurch Lyttleton harbour , albeit not with Tomcats but a New Zealand track with a task force would really shake the 5000 Kiwi flight simmer to bit .. slight pennant number change and your cooking

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

@Victory - Later A model Tomcats will have the vanes welded shut, and there's an option in the aircraft manager to manually weld them shut for the early versions.

@Ian - I'll have to get back with you on that one. Our initial set of tracks are all historically accurate spots for the Kitty Hawk, and it would be a major undertaking to add another carrier (there's no way we could do just one track for it). One things I've been planning is a request poll after initial release to find the top ~5 desired locations for a carrier in general, and add then create an extra set of tracks/flights. I'd imagine NZ would be a strong case for one of those locations.

Kindest Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    @Ian - I'll have to get back with you on that one. Our initial set of tracks are all historically accurate spots for the Kitty Hawk, and it would be a major undertaking to add another carrier (there's no way we could do just one track for it). One things I've been planning is a request poll after initial release to find the top ~5 desired locations for a carrier in general, and add then create an extra set of tracks/flights. I'd imagine NZ would be a strong case for one of those locations.
    I found this link , short film on USS America's just for interest sake, I guess i could always have a play with AI traffic .. http://www.ziln.co.nz/video/1211 ... course no Tomcats back then but idea is to bring one off these close to our shores again .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This project just gets better and better. Looking forward to it.

Matt

Nice camera work, J.R.!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Don't spose you could add a Twelve to the list .. USS America is the second off two the Class ( practically indentical bar the ship number) and she did enter Wellington harbour in 1966 - maybe a track down the coast to Christchurch Lyttleton harbour , albeit not with Tomcats but a New Zealand track with a task force would really shake the 5000 Kiwi flight simmer to bit .. slight pennant number change and your cooking

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()"><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden>
    USS America although the third ship of the class was completly different in appearance. The only ship that comes close to the Kitty Hawk was the Constitution.

New screenies of Cocpit & info! Simply cant wait for this Grey Cat.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...-6#entry512173

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just wondering, will the "B" model also be included in the initial release? Or will it be added on later..

We're aiming to have the B model ready shortly after the A, and release as one package.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    New screenies of Cocpit & info! Simply cant wait for this Grey Cat.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...-6#entry512173

Very nice, but i hope that it will get a bit more dirtyer look. Will it?

Quote Originally Posted by FSDSMAN View Post
    USS America although the third ship of the class was completly different in appearance. The only ship that comes close to the Kitty Hawk was the Constitution.
    Kitty Hawk and Constellation were even slightly different in regard to radar placement and even sorted weapon changes differed , America's differed only slight not having the the fresh air intakes on the starboard island and course the stack design is more square given room for the SPG55 Terrier which was removed in the mid 80s ... a few changes with boat bays but all in all so close to the untrained eyeball , just depended on how the ship handle the oceans weather it needed large refit or quick shop fix the three had same deck plan , leads me to one question , the fresh air intakes , are they those below the deck directly under the island structure on CV-66 ?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

A few more video updates:

Quick Preview #1:

Quick Preview #2:

Cat Launch:

Automated Carrier Landing System:

One question: When will we get that masterpiece?! I can't wait for her...

Really glad you're liking it! We're rounding up the creation of new features and about to enter into a mode of buff and polish.

Love the addition of the Kitty Hawk. The four ships of that "sort of almost kind of" class have been a huge hole in the "carrier scenery" out there in FSX land. The F-14 is looking good too...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Can I haz Tomcat yet?

https://www.facebook.com/AerosoftF14

Small update on the Big Cat from the end of December.....looks like they are still compiling the model but are also adding
    some additional features to the avionics and putting together the manual.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 114