Repaints for Warbirdsim Then and Now

Thread: Repaints for Warbirdsim Then and Now

Repaints for Warbirdsim Then and Now

Hello all,I have the Warbirdsim P-51D "Happy Jacks Go Buggy" and was wondering if any other repaints would fit this model.

Haven't tried it myself but why do you ask? Do you have other packs of the P-51's? It was my understanding at some point updated models were going to be put out to match the quality of the latest and greatest including the moving pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Hello all,I have the Warbirdsim P-51D "Happy Jacks Go Buggy" and was wondering if any other repaints would fit this model.
    Hi! Any of the repaints for the "Little Friends" product should fit the "Happy Jacks Go Buggy" restored models quite well, while most of the repaints for the "Little Friends II" product (without the dorsal fin fillet) should fit the WWII models within the "HJGB" product just fine. Granted, most Mustangs didn't have the unique mirror setup as "HJGB" did, with its combination of Spitfire and P-38 external mirrors fitted to the canopy (or the modern avionics as seen in the restored models : ) ). Also any Mediterranean or Pacific Theatre schemes might look a bit odd if you load the 108-gal paper drop tanks on the models, since they were limited to use only in England, and then in Europe as the 8th and 9th Fighter Groups moved in-land.

One of the repaints I made for "Little Friends" I have actually been using with the modern-restored "HJGB" model now instead, that being "Nancy Lee". Like the current restored depiction of "HJGB" within the set, it only has the P-38 mirror fitted, just as "Nancy Lee" had during the war. For some reason there are two uploads of the repaint, but you only need to download one (if you'd like to have it): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php

(Note these screenshots show the repaint on one of the "Little Friends" models. Other differences between a model like this, which the repaint was more intended for, over the models in the "HJGB" product, is that here is an Inglewood-produced P-51D-20-NA, with details like the California canopy and the early antenna wire roller, while the models for the restored "HJGB" have Dallas canopies, with late-production antenna wire rollers, etc.)

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Many thanks for the replies. As you may have realised I was trying to save a few pennies with the HJGB P51 expecting to find many repaints on the internet., but now you point out the detail difference of the mirrors I understand most skins won't fit.

Thanks John...was wondering about this myself....but I'm sure WBS will eventually put out updated models for previous releases at some point. As always......a loyal customer to the end my friend.

NEVER ENOUGH MUSTANGS!! :salute:

Attachment 76598

Sir,

If you would find a couple historical mustangs, or fitting modern examples, that you might particularly like applied to your set of "Happy Jacks", please post links for info, or illustrations here.... I just might do some custom skins for you.

Once in a while, I do enjoy a good historic skin, and nothing beats Warbirdsim!

Joseph

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Hi! Any of the repaints for the "Little Friends" product should fit the "Happy Jacks Go Buggy" restored models quite well, while most of the repaints for the "Little Friends II" product (without the dorsal fin fillet) should fit the WWII models within the "HJGB" product just fine. Granted, most Mustangs didn't have the unique mirror setup as "HJGB" did, with its combination of Spitfire and P-38 external mirrors fitted to the canopy (or the modern avionics as seen in the restored models : ) ). Also any Mediterranean or Pacific Theatre schemes might look a bit odd if you load the 108-gal paper drop tanks on the models, since they were limited to use only in England, and then in Europe as the 8th and 9th Fighter Groups moved in-land.

One of the repaints I made for "Little Friends" I have actually been using with the modern-restored "HJGB" model now instead, that being "Nancy Lee". Like the current restored depiction of "HJGB" within the set, it only has the P-38 mirror fitted, just as "Nancy Lee" had during the war. For some reason there are two uploads of the repaint, but you only need to download one (if you'd like to have it): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php

(Note these screenshots show the repaint on one of the "Little Friends" models. Other differences between a model like this, which the repaint was more intended for, over the models in the "HJGB" product, is that here is an Inglewood-produced P-51D-20-NA, with details like the California canopy and the early antenna wire roller, while the models for the restored "HJGB" have Dallas canopies, with late-production antenna wire rollers, etc.)

This is repaint available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

yep! look under Bomber12th in the downloads section

Members who have read this thread: 1