Craig and Matt's Sopwith Camel Released 12th - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Craig and Matt's Sopwith Camel Released 12th

Blog Entries
    Thhe flight model has been coming along as well. unfortunately pictures cant show it off.. Paul and I have been putting in double time on this to keep up with craig and its also getting close to ready. We have some technical issues that have to be ironed out, but they're minor.. Trim has been eradicated and with 95% of the aircraft's weight in its first 7 feet, where you put your butt is just as important as which way you move the stick.. The technical problem i'm having is that the engine torque is reversed ( going left instead of right ) and i dont have the knowledge at the moment to correct it. If anyone has that knowledge,please let me know, I'll continue searching as well because over all, the plane is flying fantastically, which means it fights you every inch of the way.your gonna have to compensate for torque and your gonna have to fly it by the seat of your pants ( sometimes literally ). I promise you that it is not a cherry drop training wheels easy to fly aircraft.. But damn is it fun ( once you can get it off the ground )..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Beautiful detail! You would be hard pressed to tell it from a real world photograph. Seeing creations like this keep me going on my own work in the hopes that one day I can do as well. :salute:
    You do bloody great Paul.. hands down beautiful work..
    so there :P~~~

I like the Sopwith. Always have. I'm not at all excited about how/what you did to the cowl for texture/bump maps. It looks like water/orange peel?

Just sayin. I've never seen a look like this, ever? Correct me if I am wrong. Shrug.

Blog Entries
    Soooooo, would anyone like to see a video of how she flies right now???

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Soooooo, would anyone like to see a video of how she flies right now???
    Oh yes!!! Took me awhile to get use to flying these crates in ROF.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Oh yes!!! Took me awhile to get use to flying these crates in ROF.
    heh. its taking me a while too.. And i got a long way to go..
    let me crank up the movie machine and i'll get started on it.. At least one crash will be on purpose..

I think it should be more in the lines of slightly hammered, or similar to a spun look. http://www.norcorp.com/Portals/60349...ES-1050-AS.jpg

My apology. I did not mean to come in here and pick at it. It just caught my eye.
    It's a fantastic model. I will welcome it most definitely. I really enjoy the vintage stuff.

It does look like someone took a ball-peen hammer to the cowling. NeoQB Fokker Dr1 was not an easy aircraft to fly either. The Just Flight S.E.5.A Models is a more forgiving aircraft to fly!

Blog Entries
    two things i hate.. Editing films blind where you cant see what is actually happening due to too much happening and too little memory ( eight gigs ), and waiting for the film to render arrrrgh.. i die..::lol:::

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I think it should be more in the lines of slightly hammered, or similar to a spun look. http://www.norcorp.com/Portals/60349...ES-1050-AS.jpg

My apology. I did not mean to come in here and pick at it. It just caught my eye.
    It's a fantastic model. I will welcome it most definitely. I really enjoy the vintage stuff.
    Nahhh, i wasnt chewing you a new one ole boy, just that the plane looks a lot like the photo of it already is all.. Would be cool to see that hammered finish though..

and wait till you see the video.. Very short, but expresses how i feel about it to a "T".. This plane kicks ass ::lol::

Looking superb Craig... thanks for giving my baby the Star treatment.

Matt

With respect to the flight model, if you're having an issue with how to deal with the reversed torque, it might be worth trying to contact Bernt Stolle. He might have a tip or suggestion...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Blog Entries
    Thanks Andrew.. I solved it with the rotation entry, but its caused other issues that Craig will have to look at.. Film should be fully uploaded in an hour ( really slow upload rate ) and you can see where we were earlier tonight ( yup, we're moving that fast. Paul works on it while I sleep and i work on it while he sleeps.its 24/7 effort )..
    We're currently using testimony from the sopwiths current display pilot as a guideline.. and as you'll see, shes coming along wonderfully..

I'm sure this is already had, although I have a Palmer Tyre texture tucked away in my collection. If I recall right I've done extensive work to it so it looks the part.
    Craig, Matt, you're welcome to it if you like. That is, if I can find it.

Craig is doing the texturing so best he say if he can use it or not, but thanks for the offer.

Matt

We now have working guns and effects (strobe light) !! only one problem, no sound though.... so if anyone want to have a go at fixing the sound problem just PM me and I'll send you the files

Craig

Charter Member 2011
    how bout useing the sounds from the converted david ecket camel (sopcamel_fsx_a_2010.zip at flightsim)?

also just an fyi and no real biggy, but the cowling was pretty smooth, not dimpled

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/sopwith-camel-f1-1.jpg

http://www.crashsiteorkney.com/useri...tproto_500.jpg

http://www.aresgames.eu/wp/wp-conten...mel_Barker.jpg
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I have mentioned the Cowl metal to Craig. As far as I could see from reference material the only ones with engine turned metal finish where factory fresh or fairly new. Its seems it was more normal to be more smooth polished. I have to say the effect Craigs come up with does look nice in SIM though. I must admit I would like to see some with more dirty worn metal like John (Bomber_12th) managed to do on his P51s... got any tips for me and Craig John?

Matt

Another hair raising take-off....

Craig

Banned
    Blog Entries

Beta or full blown release

I like what I see in this old crate. As I look through the comments I get the feeling that this is being beta tested by a select few here.
    I guess I'll be direct...it this released yet and will it be payware or freeware. Sorry, had to ask.

Beautiful, Craig!! Ever since the Old Rhinebeck Camel has been painted like that, it has been a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    I like what I see in this old crate. As I look through the comments I get the feeling that this is being beta tested by a select few here.
    I guess I'll be direct...it this released yet and will it be payware or freeware. Sorry, had to ask.
    LOL no not released yet.... and I believe Matt wants it to be freeware
    Craig

Master of Disaster
    Freeware! Awesome!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!