Keeping ones self busy.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping ones self busy....

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    I hope your paint shop runs more than one shift, thats a lot of painting for just one crew!! LOL!! Looking real good!
    just me, and i usually run from dawn till dusk... with breaks here and there to do other work and such...

Maj. Preddy would be proud!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

ok that's 'Cripes A'Mighty 3rd' done well.... apart from Kill marks.... onto the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Well, as I've just finished reading .'phoenix squadron' why not a Guatemalan camouflage one, I can go and beat up the border with Belize!

Ttfn

Pete
    Seconded Pete's idea. I've been wanting to place the Ark as static scenery for this mission, not sure if it can be done, need to get that era's install running before I try. Really wish we had a banana with the DSB/IRIS shape and a VC.

Repaints look great as usual Matt, I haven't got this model installed, but I will as soon as I can now.

:ernae:
    Jamie

Next P-51D... massive clue, it was flown by a guy who became an 'ace in a day' and with the initials C.E.Y......

Attachment 75663

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Next P-51D... massive clue, it was flown by a guy who became an 'ace in a day' and with the initials C.E.Y......

Attachment 75663
    The "Old Crow".....

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The "Old Crow".....

is on my list, but this one, and here's the massive giveaway.... was called 'Glamorous Glen III'

Hmm,
    associated with Speed of Light?
    Attachment 75667

Nope, Speed of Sound perhaps?

Attachment 75668

Is there a Rolex ad connection?

And an X-1 involvement possibly?
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

How'd you guess?

You mean that pompous A___ who can't be bothered to give a 5 year old an autograph at an airshow unless that has been pre-arranged and is being paid for ??
    As much as I love your paint work, that will be one I won't be adding to my hangar anytime soon.

Again no critique of your work.

Cheers
    Stefan

no worries Stefan....
    for the rest of us (Mapping issues aside, stretched areas to cover topmost fuselage areas) i give you the mount of Maj. Charles E 'Chuck' Yeager of the 363rd FS, 357th FG

Attachment 75674

Hey, Matt.

What happened to these repaints? I keep looking for them in the download section, but no joy.

Thanks
    --WH

yeah.... sorry about the delay guys, i've been organising all the paintkits i have into a single folder on my external HDD, and re-working a few... list so far stands at...

• Alphasim Jaguar GR3
    • Milton Shupes Avia series (Minus the 57 which'll come sooon enough once i get my grubby paws on it )
    • JustFlight Vulcan
    • MAXTAC (Massimo Taccoli) MB339
    • IRIS Hawk T.1
    • IRIS Harrier
    • Kirk Olsson F-16
    • Yakolev C-11
    • Alphasim TSR.2 (Just waiting on Andy G before we can release about 30 repaints for that)
    • PH & DB Hawker Tempest
    • JustFlight Mosquito (WIP Across all marks)
    • Wozza's P-51D
    • FDG2 P-51B
    • CBFS Meteor NF11/TT20
    • Alphasim Swordfish
    • Alphasim Meteor

... and there's still a load more unmentioned

the Mustangs are slowly getting there, now it's the weekend and the family are away i get 2 days of 'me' time, which means adding the kill marks to Yeagers P-51D and continuing the paints and my 'side-project' :salute:

EDIT: Here's the side Project so far, smoothing layer is just rough, nowhere near as smooth as i'm going to make it...
    Attachment 76057

Sounds great, Matt. I'm definetly interested in many of the paints underway.

From your paints and paints by others (TuFun and Zsolt) to all the new a/c under development (e.g., Aero Commander 680 Super, Avia 51, Turbo Trackers, Lockeed Rounder), thee is a lot of exiciting stuff being developed that I don't want to miss.

Thanks
    --WH

Your P-51 repaints look really great... go ahead Matt!!!

And there's a Chipmunk in there somewhere too...

Ttfn

Pete

Mystery project, JU188 or Henschel 129. It's got the barbette mount mg27 on fuselage.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    And there's a Chipmunk in there somewhere too...

Ttfn

Pete

Mystery project, JU188 or Henschel 129. It's got the barbette mount mg27 on fuselage.
    I'm thinking two-ten?

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    I'm thinking two-ten?
    ding-ding..... get this man a drink of his choice in the bar, my tab....

yeah Me210/410 :salute:

well for those interested at 1500GMT i'll be starting a livestream, letting you lot see into my paintshed for the first time and how i work, sort of a live Tutorial if you will... time for me to really give something to you all, and maybe inspire a few to pick up the brushes :salute:

so this is what i'm working on Live on Air (A.F. Scrub P-51A):salute: piece by piece walking through it... once it's done i've got an A.F.Scrub P-51C i intend to walk through as well, i kinda like this working live... lets you see what's going on... and keeps me in check

Attachment 76147

so i'm back in my paint shed... and after opening the doors i discovered a certain pair had half inched my Ouzo supply... as such the generous folks at '12' (other Ouzos are available) have seen fit that i give chase... and covering my fuel costs to free the Ouzo cache... i've named this P-51D after the greatest inspiration i have, someone who has kept me on track and driving forwards, instead of stagnating...

Attachment 77058

LOL, Matt. You'll never find us now, mate. If you were thinking North Africa, you are way off course. Look close at the Savannah Queen, that should give you a hint as to where we stashed the goods.

Glad to see you are back slinging paint anyhow. Good to have you around, even if you do find the "ouz". :isadizzy:

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

well my new corner in my paintshop is done! work should flow faster now i can have my resource on 1 monitor and work on my laptop... oh and that desk is just temporary till i can afford a new one...

Attachment 77085

well... my Christmas project is well underway... Phantom Style! (Alphasim/Virtavia F-4E) all new paintkit, still loads to do but i've been at it non-stop since midnight-ish on this day, Christmas Eve... by end of Christmas day i want to have finished the panel and rivet lines... by boxing day, the decals... and by new year a whole spate of HAF-Tooms (called 'Terminators' by HAF crews due to how advanced their Phantoms are, literally these things in Greek hands will, and do regularly lock up Turkish AF F-16's over the Aegean!)

Attachment 77755

Can never have enough skins for the Virt/alph F4, i'll look froward to flying those in the new year,
    Merry x-mas Matt, cheers ian