Beechcraft 18DS auto-smoke gauge for FSX.zip

Thread: Beechcraft 18DS auto-smoke gauge for FSX.zip

Beechcraft 18DS auto-smoke gauge for FSX.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Effects

Description: These files will make a little smoke effect out of both engines just like it happens in the real world. The auto smoke is generated by an xml-gauge and wil switch the smoke on above a throttle level off approx 60 percent.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Beechcraft 18DS auto-smoke gauge for FSX.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like this, it works and looks really great. Thanks for the addition. This bird is really evolving into a really nice and fun to fly plane.

Blog Entries

Fantastic

I loaded the app into my Beech 18...no problem, works super. Then moved over to the Aerosoft PBY Catalina. Worked like a charm even though there is no [Vcockpit03] in the panel cfg. I droped the code into [Vcockpit01], throttled up to 30 MAP and she smoked like a charm.

I've also tweaked the app by adding a favorite smoke effect I use in all my radials. Worked great again. Endless possibilities.

Now I have one big problem...I have to go through my entire fleet and add the mod...and that's a lot of airplanes. No problem.

Thanks for a great little tweak. I've always balked at "switching on" smoke. Having the smoke come on with throttle advance adds very nicely to the experience.

BTW...I just purchased an XRocker with the speakers and sub woofer in the seat. That in conjunction with the JBL's cranked up to realistic volume has elevated the experience towards Nirvana.....Now automatic smoke. Could life be any better?

TY :salute::salute:

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

D18 Smoke effect

Added this effect to my Carenado D18 , looks perfect but with one oops ... I have to manually hit the "I" key for the smoke effect to come on !! what step have I missed ?

PS - something to do with the "18 folder" ...... beech_smoke.xml ??

Regards