Will we ever see a native Lockheed P38? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we ever see a native Lockheed P38?

The P-38 will be essentially the same as it is now with some stuff added to make it more... interesting.

RXP are addons that do GPS as well as other things... (3rd party stuff for the modern crowd...)

Master of Disaster
    Buy P3D and get a P-38 included in the package.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

True enough but it's not the MV one....

And the newer version will work in P3D as well...

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Buy P3D and get a P-38 included in the package.
    I've been so wrapped up in finalizing my repaints that I've only seen the default aircraft when P3D loads. From there I've always loaded what I'm working on.
    I'm off to check out that P-38!

Thanks for the heads up.

The P38 in P3d is the Just Flight one. It's a port-over, not native.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    The P38 in P3d is the Just Flight one. It's a port-over, not native.
    I had a look at it. Yep, it is a port over. NEXT!

+1 For the FSD Lightning, Excellent

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Well, it's not on sale but, we are redoing this bird as we speak... not the model so much but we are removing all of the FSD DRM's, hooks, code and having Bernt do a new FDE as well as adding RXP capability (a la B-55) for the modern vc version...

We are making it our own...

Thanks for the space....
    If your'e re-doing it, please make the flap lever in the cockpit move when you control the flaps from your HOTAS. Your P-38 is the only plane Ive ever seen that dosen't do that. Also please change the gun fire command from the brake (.) command. You might ask Stitz how to do that, since he used the afterburner command on the SU P-38.

Thanks,

Joe

Whilst I have no issues with changing the flap lever, the gun is an issue... seeing as usually the . key is the trigger. However, we will arrange it such that the . will work on brakes when you have wheels on the ground and guns when not.

How does that sound?

Whilst I have no issues with changing the flap lever, the gun is an issue... seeing as usually the . key is the trigger. However, we will arrange it such that the . will work on brakes when you have wheels on the ground and guns when not.

How does that sound?
    Fair enough, if that stops my toe brakes from firing the guns. But why is the "." key usually the trigger, it wasn't on the SU P-38. It seem that using it just complicates things. There are many commands that are seldom used or have unassigned keys, why not use one of them instead of the brake command that every plane and everyone uses?

If your solution works it looks like I'll have to buy another P-38. I hope it does.

By the way, I picked up your T-38A and F-15E during the sale. I haven't had a lot of time to get into them, but they look great!

Joe

I really like the FSD P-38, it has a very good 3D model (obviously thanks to Milviz):

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Master of Disaster
    I have the SU P-38's and the FSD. I like the SU flight model much more. Both are nice but my taste leans towards the SU Bolt. JMO
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Given enough data and comments to work with Bernt will do a super job on the flight dynamics.

T

The trigger is used to fire the guns because that's what triggers are for on warplanes...

We will do the change. As well, I will ask the coder to allow for changing the key for that... (this is a big MAYBE).

The trigger is used to fire the guns because that's what triggers are for on warplanes...

We will do the change. As well, I will ask the coder to allow for changing the key for that... (this is a big MAYBE).
    Thanks,

Joe

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    The YF-23... not sure yet. To be honest, sales were far less than spectacular on that one... Maybe it was too clean... too simple? I don't know but...
    Well, the cockpit looked a bit 'sterile' to me, not very immersive and state of the art. Still, I like the plane and would certainly buy an upgraded one. Perhaps we could open a separate thread for comments on the YF-23 and what people would like in an upgrade?

I'm willing to listen.

JanKees the master of the brush has six liveries over at OZx .. wwwaussiex.org , the FSD P-38 model , Page 28 and near bottom of the page

Members who have read this thread: 106