Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

There was one (A Flamant?) released for FS9. I seam to think it was be resteravia (or whatever their name was).

i believe hats called a flammit?

You were right on Sundog, it's the Restauravia Dassault Flamant MD-311.
    flightsim.com. . .file name is MD311_v2.zip

A bit more info:
    The Flamant range encompassed three models:
    • the glazed-nose MD 311 used for bombing and navigation training
    • the MD 312 used for liaison flights and flying schools - which included a bespoke MD 312 M used by the Navy –
    • MD 315, used for overseas work and air-ambulance missions.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

One final note: The sound is aliased to the DeHavilland Comet, so if you don't have the Comet, you might be thinking about some other soundset to replace it.

Current System Specs:

Little gems just seem to show up around here all the time and this one. . .never heard of it before, but it's a lot of fun to fly. I did have trouble starting the engines and when I have the time to ****, I will, lol. I loaded another twin and got it started, then switched to the MD311. It taxi's very easily and has a great view out of the flight deck. The VC is rough around the edges, but very workable with plenty of pop-ups and such to keep you busy. All gauges are contained in one gau file and there is one "engine start" effect file to be placed in the effects folder. I took it for a quick ride around my local airport (North Texas Regional) and then into the pattern to land. The props don't seem to have the adverse "cloud" effect, at least not that I noticed and they don't knock out autogen behind them like some have the want to do at times. I replaced the aliased sound with the soundset from the A-26. . . .probably not accurate, but sure sounds good, lol.

Take a look at it if you have the time.

Current System Specs:

Bonjour Falcon,

You're right about the starting sequence which was a pain for most...:isadizzy:

You might like to revisit my first ever repaint in the Warbirds archive : (search under "Fleurdelys")

I had included an easier startup sequence with Restauravia's people aval, as well as modified sounds and prop from Cazzie (might not work in FSX, though...?) if memory serves me right...

Edit: "Merde alors..."!!!... (Cambronne's citation for the uneducated... )

Just took my first effort out of the mothballs and took her out for a spin in FSX...! The textures seem to have that sandblasted look which preceded my first acquaintance with reflectivity... (
    You can always salvage the sounds which have a nice whining sound at lower revs as well as the startup sequence which is found in the panel cfg file...
    Cazzie's prop texture does the job in FSX !
    You will have to get the panel gauges from the original Flamant by Restauravia as I did not transfer them to FSX and the VC was full of empty black holes staring at me... LoL...)

This plane certainly deserves a second look !

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Thanks for the HU Jean-Robert. I have downloaded that file and will give it my attention later today when I return home. I hope others re-discover this plane as well. Thanks!:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks for the HU Jean-Robert. I have downloaded that file and will give it my attention later today when I return home. I hope others re-discover this plane as well. Thanks!:salute:
    I do hope so too as this is the only Flamant available, I believe, and it is exceptionally good for a portover...

I found the gauge files and the VC is quite good also, all things considered !

I also installed the original files and the reflectivity problem seems to have been general as they all have the sandblasted look...
    Maybe OBIO could work his magic in this particular case and give it some shine ??? (hint, hint..)

Although Cazzie's prop texture where a blast in FS9, I would recommend using the originals supplied with the plane as they are lighter and do a very nice job as is in FSX...

While flying from the outside (I do most of my flying outside the plane so as not to get distracted by all those pesky gauges...) I noticed that the sound seems to have a cone effect which is probably the result of "accu-feel" as I don't think that this technology existed when I cooked up those sounds... Nice anyway...
    Note: I do get back inside the plane when it is time to land...

Let's get them flying !

Fleurdelys

Some good news...

Using Martin Wright's MDLmat program, I've succeded in giving the plane some reflectivity !

My settings were : Specular colour 128-128-128-0 and specularity was set at 10 on all materials. Please remember that this is my first and that I'm just groping in the dark...

If there is demand, I will update my first upload with this new mdl.

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Nicely done. I'm working on an FSX only paint kit with Hi-res textures plus doing the same on the interior to sharpen things up. Won't be done this week I don't think but as soon as I can get enough time to go through everything and find (or create) the textures I need.

Current System Specs:

Nice to see this one getting some attention! Kudos, Gentlemen.

If there is demand, I will update my first upload with this new mdl.
    Count me in! Your screenie looks great...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Bonjour Don,

Thanks for the interest.

I have placed a request with the original author to update the mdl. I will then update my first upload with the modified files.

Fleurdelys

Members who have read this thread: 85