Heinkel He-51 WIP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heinkel He-51 WIP

Heinkel He-51 WIP

Hi guys,

I started this project in October last year and have finally got around to making some progress after finishing off the other projects I had sitting around for far too long, as I use 3ds Max now (for texture baking etc.) instead of gmax I have to convert it into a .3ds format thus loosing animations (not a biggie) but smoothing needs to be redone. This model has so many small parts it makes it difficult where to start ! anyway I started on the animation today after getting the model welded and smoothed.

Here's a pic of my desktop 3ds max in the middle and gmax to the right, just so I don't forget any animations

I can't give a released date yet but will keep you updated...
    Craig

Outstanding, Craig!
    This will be a fantastic addon! I really miss the combat planes from the 30's.

Lucas

Charter Member 2011
    nice choice!

can we have this paint? pretty please? http://www.hyperscale.com/images/ca4154reviewse_4.jpg
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Excellent news, Craig, it will be an absolute stunner for sure!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Great news, really looking forward to the finished aircraft!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Nice to see this project is still being worked on!
    Mathias

you have done outstanding work so far - the He51 is one of my favorite biplanes (yes I say that about every biplane) and I look forward to seeing
    your finished model in FSX..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I think its time for some more WIP shots...

Craig

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

...Is all I can say really!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome!

Very well done on the model work. Incredible attention-to-detail.

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Gorgeous
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Be looking forward to this one , screens here from an old thread at NZFF WWII Chronicles four years back

Mixture of FS9 and photo

Thing that caught my eye was the size of the type

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Great stuff, Craig!
    Mathias

Always wanted to build one of these in 1.48th scale but never found the time......truly looking forward to flying this one......great work!!!!

This aircraft was perhaps not a great fighter, but definitely has a place in history. It is more or less the symbol of the birth of the Luftwaffe.

It is actually not that big as its size is comparable with the Gloster Gladiator which has the same length and height, but a slightly smaller wingspan. I think the Heinkel just looks big because of the width of the fuselage and the position of the pilot.

A great model Craig and thanks for doing it!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I think the Heinkel just looks big because of the width of the fuselage and the position of the pilot.
    Your quite right only four feet in span , and think the radial give the impression of a lessor size

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Craig allowed me to repaint the Heinkel. It is a sort of joined venture as I do the drawing and when this is done Craig will add some magic by baking the textures. We decided that there will be several liveries included and so far I have been working on something like a basic paintkit and the first livery. The flightmodel will be done by Fliger747, so this model is definitely something you should want to have. The screenies are still all work in progress, but we all would like to keep you all informed (and interested ) in this great project.

Its is an aircraft from 3./JG135, which was stationed at Bad-Aibling near Munich in 1937. Perhaps this is the reason why the squadron colour was "Bavarian blue". After the "Anschluss" many Austrian pilots joined the Luftwaffe, which is the reason behind the "Kitzbuheler Gams" on the fuselage as the squadron was also called the Austrian-German Luftwaffe in pre-war propaganda. In 1938 the squadron was re-equipped with the Bf109 and moved to Vienna (the capitol of Austria).

Looking superb Huub , one heck of a nice job <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

A beautiful plane for sure!!! One of my fav bi-planes too......:salute:

Just because stiz asked for it....

Number 10 from 2./JG132 Richthofen. Depicted at Berlin-Döberitz late summer 1936. In this period Luftwaffe fighter units started to adopt "Traditional colours" to identify their aircraft. The colour red was used by Jagdschwader "Richthofen" in honour of Manfred von Richthofen, the legendary "Red Baron".

very nice!!!!

It's about time that you stop teasing and release the beauty! :mixedsmi:
    Mathias

Looking outstanding .. most excellent .. carry on

Yet another impressive piece of modelling and texturing !
    It looks really great.
    I didn't know this plane at all actually. I don't know what you guys think about it, but I think it's a really stylish design. In fact, it's definitely one of the most stylish biplanes I've seen so far. I really like its shape.

Members who have read this thread: 120