Loading Carenado C185 into P3D 1.4 ?

Thread: Loading Carenado C185 into P3D 1.4 ?

Loading Carenado C185 into P3D 1.4 ?

Could someone refresh my memory and tell me how I can load the Carenado 185 into Prepar3D ? I had it in vers 1.3 but forgot how I did it . The installation defaults it into FSX(no P3d installer on the 185) without the change directory button normally found during an installation .

Rich

Hi Rich,

Try using the FSX to P3D prog.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...topic&t=1277.0

I don't have the Carenado 185 so can't comment on it, but I've had very good success using the above with most installers.

Regards, Dave.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    I don't have that one either, but I'm almost always successful by installing to fsx first, then opening the files of both fsx and p3d and just "sliding" the file over.... (does that make any sense ??)

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Thanks Dave . Wasn't aware of that one either . I had also forgotten that I had this one :
    http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-to-p...ion-tool.phtml (10.04 Euro's) when it first came out and I remember using it to load UTX into P3D and it worked very well .

LD , have used your method as well , depending on the AC etc.

Thanks to both of you gentlemen for the tips and suggestions . I can't believe how much AC , scenery and other programs I accumulated in P3D 1.3 . Sure would have been easier to have loaded 1.4 over 1.3 but putting the complaining aside , I like the idea of starting from scratch . We have so many talented contributors to our hobby (both freeware and payware) it does not take long to start increasing the "gigs" on the old hard drive , does it ? I think Bill(Lionheart) said it best when he said it was the smoothness that stands out . The default terrain, I think , is very good . I just hope people don't get discouraged when they try it for the first time and start getting a few problems .There is a wealth of talent here and other places to get it working right . 1.4 is very good and much improved . I can't imagine what LM is cooking up in vers 2.0 way down the road .

Rich

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Place a copy of the FSX.exe into your P3D folder and use the FSX Registry Tool to put it into the Registry.

A lot of the installers look for an FSX entry in the Registry and usually the one in P3D becomes the default entry. Has worked for me 99% of the time. Only time it has failed me is when I tried to install the CS B-727.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I copy/pasted it into P3 from FSX.

There were a few files with the reference of Cessna that were in the gauges folder that you need to bring over also.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Place a copy of the FSX.exe into your P3D folder and use the FSX Registry Tool to put it into the Registry.

A lot of the installers look for an FSX entry in the Registry and usually the one in P3D becomes the default entry. Has worked for me 99% of the time. Only time it has failed me is when I tried to install the CS B-727.
    Pat if you do that, can you place it in both FSX and P3D on the same computer? I have each on its own separate SSD.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Pat if you do that, can you place it in both FSX and P3D on the same computer? I have each on its own separate SSD.
    I have done it. When the box opens that asks where you want to install it click on the browse button and choose FSX. Works for me.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have both P3D and FSX in the same computer and in the same HDD.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    I have both P3D and FSX in the same computer and in the same HDD.

Same here.

FSX has now become basically a switch port for getting things into P3.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members who have read this thread: 20