Roy Chaffin's New B-25J - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Chaffin's New B-25J

F*****g awesome! And there will be an FS9 version for those of us still sitting on the fence on FSX after 6 years ... like me

Thank you ROy Chaffin, the previous version is a keeper which has a place of honor in my hangar ever since release I don't remember which year!:salute::salute::salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Where I can download this plane ?
    From the link in the first post to this thread. When the page opens scroll down under the first screenshot a few lines and the download link is listed. There ar two links, one for the 32bit version, and down a couple more lines, the link for the 64bit version.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    From the link in the first post to this thread. When the page opens scroll down under the first screenshot a few lines and the download link is listed. There ar two links, one for the 32bit version, and down a couple more lines, the link for the 64bit version.

erm... the link appears to be broken. Tried with both IE8 and Google Chrome and message keeps comming up: "not available" .

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Just tried - its working
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Lightbulb

Just tried - its working
    What you tried ? .. the plane or the download (can be confusing lol)
    Just tried (again!) the download and it's not working (using different internet browsers)

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    What you tried ? .. the plane or the download (can be confusing lol)
    Just tried (again!) the download and it's not working (using different internet browsers)
    For me too. The website with this file cant load.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Roger, thanks for the link. Seems to be working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    Roger, thanks for the link. Seems to be working for me.
    I just removed the www. from the download address and that seems to work...no idea why, lol?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I have uploaded the late star version of the B-25. Enjoy.
    Thanks, Tom. This works well in current FS9 version. Any other RCS repaints hidden in your closet??

:ernae:
    --WH

Sorry Warhorse47, with all the great talent out there painting the RCS B-25 this is the only one I did just to fill the gap with a late star. You should be able to do a search for the fantastic paints by a number of artists. Love this aircraft in the PTO.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I don't have FSX but downloaded Tom's repaint on a whim and tried it in my FS9 version. Since it worked ok I went ahead and downloaded the 32bit FSX pack. I unzipped it and took out the "new" texture folders and put them in my FS9 folder. The painted varients, usa1942 and desert, work fine 'out of the box'. The bare textures contain some dds bitmaps that need converting. They look pretty nice and breathe a little new life into the ol' bird.

Thanks to all the painters and to Roy for the aircraft.

Copy and paste the link in a new browser window for the one you want and hit enter.

32bit
    roychaffin.co.uk/fs2012/rcsb25fsx32bitv275.zip

64bit
    roychaffin.co.uk/fs2012/rcsb25fsxw764v275.zip

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Sorry Warhorse47, with all the great talent out there painting the RCS B-25 this is the only one I did just to fill the gap with a late star. You should be able to do a search for the fantastic paints by a number of artists. Love this aircraft in the PTO.
    As far as I know, I was the only one that ever did any repaints for this bird, but Roy would not allow me to publish them.
    He has now included them in this package though. I am not aware of any other paints?
    As for converting my dds textures, just open the ds files in dxtbmp, flip them vertically and save as bmp and you're done
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I just removed the www. from the download address and that seems to work...no idea why, lol?
    Bingo! This idea works :-) . Perhaps he has a wrong link/script on the website with hyperlink.
    Thx a lot.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    As far as I know, I was the only one that ever did any repaints for this bird, but Roy would not allow me to publish them.
    He has now included them in this package though. I am not aware of any other paints?
    As for converting my dds textures, just open the ds files in dxtbmp, flip them vertically and save as bmp and you're done
    I was going to wait for the FS9 update, but elected to take this route. Other than the new textures, I'll be curious to see what additional changes are in the next version.

While we're on this subject, I'd be curious to know if the texture for "Yellow Rose" will ever be available? I know there was a special FSX CD version for the CAF, but I don't know if that's still available or not or if this texture will eventually be published. I don't need the CD as I don't have FSX and I'm happy with my current freeware version, but I wouldn't mind making a donation to CAF in exchange for the addtional texture if that were doable.
    --WH

Concerning repaints, copied directly from the copyright and piracy policy page in the manual folder:

RepaintsRCS Panels will not grant permission for any repaints of this package. The only repaints allowed, will be those done by RCS Panels team members. Any requests for particular liveries should be sent to RCS Panels at :- roy@roychaffin.com

If you find any anywhere, other than from RCS, they are technically illegal.

Also, this IS NOT the MAAM B-25, altho Roy did work on it in the early stages, it has been proven time and again to be a totally different model. (Much like the swingman Grumman Duck fiasco.)
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Installed the 64 bit version and it looks great. A person on another forum commented about the lack of glass - is this a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Concerning repaints, copied directly from the copyright and piracy policy page in the manual folder:

RepaintsRCS Panels will not grant permission for any repaints of this package. The only repaints allowed, will be those done by RCS Panels team members. Any requests for particular liveries should be sent to RCS Panels at :- roy@roychaffin.com

If you find any anywhere, other than from RCS, they are technically illegal.

Also, this IS NOT the MAAM B-25, altho Roy did work on it in the early stages, it has been proven time and again to be a totally different model. (Much like the swingman Grumman Duck fiasco.)
    Just so there is no misinterpretation here, we are strictly discussing RCS created/approved repaints. But thanks for the reminder anyways.
    --WH

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I had to revive this old FSX thread to let FSX users know that Roy Chaffin has released his B-25J for PrePar3D v.2

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

NICE!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I had to revive this old FSX thread to let FSX users know that Roy Chaffin has released his B-25J for PrePar3D v.2

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html
    Be aware that this version is meant to be flown with 2D pop-up panels. There is a rough VC, but it's non-clickable and only partially textured. Just FYI.