Some Dora-9 Progress Shots - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Some Dora-9 Progress Shots

skyhawka4m I cannot believe you asked a developer about such a tiny and difficult (or at least bothersome and non-critical) feature! Only at SOH can such requests/questions arise.
    (I have done and do it too so don't think I am judging in anyway, just we are funny lol - I asked Mathias for a dive pull out mechansim on the milviz stuka, he said yes then I asked for wind with an open cockpit , was prior to accufeel).

Mathias I cannot believe your answer was actually "Yes" that you have done it! Jaw drops.....

Amazing!

I need a new monitor though from all the broken pixels from throwing my wallet at the screen everytime I check this thread!
    (just a bit of humour)

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MOSSIE BAIT!

THEY:mixedsmi:LOOK TOO GOOD TO SHOOTDOWNGREAT TO SEE YOUSTILL working,appreciate yaallHenry
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    skyhawka4m I cannot believe you asked a developer about such a tiny and difficult (or at least bothersome and non-critical) feature! Only at SOH can such requests/questions arise.
    (I have done and do it too so don't think I am judging in anyway, just we are funny lol - I asked Mathias for a dive pull out mechansim on the milviz stuka, he said yes then I asked for wind with an open cockpit , was prior to accufeel).

Mathias I cannot believe your answer was actually "Yes" that you have done it! Jaw drops.....

Amazing!

I need a new monitor though from all the broken pixels from throwing my wallet at the screen everytime I check this thread!
    (just a bit of humour)

I think the cable appears to be 3mm too short!!! Joking aside, you're right, we all have our "things". My thing is for Long Nose Dora's! She's just SMOOOOKING HOT!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    I think the cable appears to be 3mm too short!!!!!
    3mm you say? That's serious, I better start from scratch. :mix-smi: :mixedsmi:
    Mathias

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    3mm you say? That's serious, I better start from scratch. :mix-smi: :mixedsmi:
    Yes! According to my nerd sliderule and rivet counting software.....3mm too short! Sorry to say it but I think you need to start from scratch! Thank you for your sense of humor Mathias! I can't wait to give Dora a ride, just beautiful work!

Ich liebe dieses Flugzeug, uber Arbeit!!! Did I say this right???
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Cheers Marv, old chap, very close!
    Mathias

Some of the inevitable close-to-dusk shots, as always unedited except cropping.

....and in bright daylight

Mathias

AWESOME!!!

Cheers Marv, old chap, very close!
    TWO WEEKS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
    TWO WEEKS!!!!!
    Gee Steven, wrong context!:mixedsmi:
    I was refering to Marv's German language skills, not to the release date.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    Great looking cockpit.

Oct. 18th would be a perfect day...my birthday!

Gee Steven, wrong context!:mixedsmi:
    I was refering to Marv's German language skills, not to the release date.

You been around the flight sims awhile, and know the old saying of "two week" until release, which never seems to happen. Just wanted to put in a little levity into our wait.

Keep up the great work and we will all wait.

Great lighting in shot #3. Outstanding work Mathias. Like I said at the Classics Hangar site, you, A2A, and RealAir stand head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to virtual cockpits. I can't wait for the Dora.

Really like this aircraft, theres a page on facebook dediated to it's engine alone lol, very popular aircraft and I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hmm, with all the fuzz about DX10 lately and on special request by Roger I thought I give the VC shadows another go.
    Doesn't look too shabby and really gives a sense of "being there" when you see the shadows in motion.
    might enable it in the release version.
    Those that can run AC self shadows don't see a performance hit compared to exterior view.

Mathias

That detail is amazing. Pretty impressive work there!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

A very immersive cockpit

One area i really enjoyed was the sound package you created for your earlier FW190 packages , cant wait till we hear this inline Dora .<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ha ha,
    Sorry to give you more work Mathias, but with Steve Parson's new dx10 shaders the c'pit shadows are so much more realstic
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just saw this. This might be what lures me to the dark side.
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Thanks again guys, much apprechiated!

for Ian and Chunk, sounds and shadows in motion.
    Note cockpit engine sounds will get some more balls in the release version.
    There are clearly more talented chaps around here when it comes to video editing so this is just quick and dirty:

Mathias

Some of the D-13, the last in the Dora batch.
    Wooden flaps, partially unpainted bare metal under surfaces, plenty of critical altitude since it has the same engine as the Ta152H (Jumo213E) less the intercooler (then called Jumo213F).
    Since it's the only photographically known D-13 (of supposedly only two delivered to frontline units) and one of two surviving Doras worldwide it will receive three paints: A reconstruction of it's last wartime scheme, US captured colors and how it's today on display at the Flying Heritage Collection.
    This one is the reconstructed wartime scheme.

Mathias

Master of Disaster
    JEEZ, ME WANT!!

That is looking great .. flipping on his back showing his belly .. i almost feel like a gunner on a bomber after a strafing run

Members who have read this thread: 187