Arresting cable animation. Possible or not?

Thread: Arresting cable animation. Possible or not?

Arresting cable animation. Possible or not?

The realism in virtual carrier ops is increasingly real. Catapult and arresting gear sounds are amazingly accurate in my opinion.

I just wondered if animation of the arresting gear cables might be in the plans for a future FS version?

NC

Given the open nature of fsx and that we ourselves have really scratched the surface with our accu-sim pack and are still digging deeper. I'd say that it may be possible now using various new methods none of which were possble in the ole restrictive fs9.

Such animation would be oh, so cool.

Crossing fingers.

NC

N332DW
    you's have to use simconnect between the plane and the carrier to communicate the "hook has cable" variable and a custom animation on the carrier but technically possible

The realism is already closer than I ever imagined possible. Actual animation of the cable would be icing on the cake.

Standby to recover all jets!!!!

NC

The Ubisoft Pacific Theater addon to the IL series had visible cables, even if the runnout was a bit much.

T.

Someone just needs to develop a full on package with an animated cable system that detects the hook (variables as setup in whatever .ini file it is) Easy peasy....right?:mixedsmi: No? :redf:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]